Star Trek is Back

evolving_machine

Silver Member
There is no drumming in the New Star Trek movie that opened tonight May 7, 2009. However it was a fun movie that utilized much of the old Star Trek universe.

I really would like to say more about the movie, but do not want to give it away for anyone that has not seen it yet. The action in the movie was good, and it had a good rhythm to keep you interested. I did not see any cymbal crashes or snare drum rolls either in the movie. Still it was a lot of fun. Oh yeah there was a guest appearance from John Henry Bonham.

Yeah - I'm probably going to see this next Wednesday. I will fully admit to being a fan of (some) Star Trek. Basically, The Next Generation and the Original Series and occasionally Voyager - the rest can take a running jump - but I find the best films are the ones that you don't have to be a fan to enjoy. The Wrath of Khan and First Contact are probably my favourite two.

I've heard nothing but positive reviews of the new film, which is always a good sign. I was apprehensive of the film's premise originally, but it doesn't seem like my fear is justified. Hopefully I'll post something after I see it.

I'm going to see it tonight with my girlfriend. I've never really been a fan about startrek the movie looked really good in the commercials so i'm excited!

There is one commercial or video that I really like. There is some kid who can barely see over the steering wheel of a blue 1966 Corvette Stingray, he is hauling down the road faster then a double bass drum roll at 300 bpm. The next scene the kid is being chased by something that appears to be some kind of motorcycle cop. The kid then drives close to the edge of a cliff and spins the Vette around and the kid jumps out. You than see the kid trying to pull himself up off of the edge of the cliff. When he finally gets to his feet, he is met with the Cop asking him, "What is your name?" The kid replies "James Tiberious Kirk."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yrdEe95Hs0

Even if you do not like Star Trek, you have to like that trailer. As drummers we have a thirst for speed as well.

There is one commercial or video that I really like. There is some kid who can barely see over the steering wheel of a blue 1966 Corvette Stingray, he is hauling down the road faster then a double bass drum roll at 300 bpm. The next scene the kid is being chased by something that appears to be some kind of motorcycle cop. The kid then drives close to the edge of a cliff and spins the Vette around and the kid jumps out. You than see the kid trying to pull himself up off of the edge of the cliff. When he finally gets to his feet, he is met with the Cop asking him, "What is your name?" The kid replies "James Tiberious Kirk."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yrdEe95Hs0

Even if you do not like Star Trek, you have to like that trailer. As drummers we have a thirst for speed as well.

I went to see it last night, and that was my favorite scene! I liked the fast-paced action, but without the explosions, lasers, and gunshots.

The movie itself was great. I've never seen Star Trek, ever, so this was my first exposure to it, and I loved it. Some parts were pretty funny too!

Saw it Friday night. It was awesome.

Saw this for the second time yesterday, I'm a big fan of Star Trek, though I never watched the newest one "Enterprise"....Anyway I thought the movie was great, though it did have a kind of Bruckheimer hollywood action kind of feel to it.

Did anyone notice that it was absolutely ridden with lens flares? Made my eyes hurt at times; I don't know, I guess there's a lot of lens flares in space?

Saw this for the second time yesterday, I'm a big fan of Star Trek, though I never watched the newest one "Enterprise"....Anyway I thought the movie was great, though it did have a kind of Bruckheimer hollywood action kind of feel to it.

Did anyone notice that it was absolutely ridden with lens flares? Made my eyes hurt at times; I don't know, I guess there's a lot of lens flares in space?

Saw it the second time Friday evening May 15, 2009. This time I saw it at an Imax cinema. I have to agree with the Imax there were a lot of very bright spots from the film, if that is what you mean by "lens flares." These very bright spots were not as pressent in the smaller screen theaters.

The movie was great, I was dissapointed in one area though. The first time I saw it, it was at a local theater, near my home in the middle of nowhere. It appeared that the screen was out of focus slightly. I was not the only one to comment on this. When I saw it at the Imax, I was expecting a sharper image. Instead it seems like the out of focus was an effect the movie makers were after.

Back