DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Drums

Drums All about Drums and Drum Kits

Old 05-08-2009, 12:59 AM

Default Yamaha Anton Fig Signature Snare

HI.... Ive been a fan of wood hoops for a while now (without even playing one, just hearing them on youtube etc. and i can sort of imagine how a snare with WH would play and i think its my style. Saw an Anton Fig signature online for 400, ($600) and really became attached to it. Theres a vid on YT but i would like to know what people that have played it think.

Im a drummer who likes ghost notes as well as a good rim shot sound but am concious of cutting through with my band's modern but relaxed sound. I feel the Anton fig will be versatile enough for all the styles i play (from sikth and deftones to dave brubeck and mahavishnu orchestra).

Please go int detail if you own or have played this snare. Love the look and can imagine myself playing it, just need real people to justify the massive cost. as it would be my first singly-owned snare as i share most things with my bro for the past 7 years.

Thanks ppl

J
Old 05-08-2009, 01:01 AM

Default Re: Yamaha Anton Fig Signature Snare

I have fancied one of those myself for a number of years now, but they always seem to hold (too) good money...
Old 05-08-2009, 02:09 AM
Pioneer Member

Default Re: Yamaha Anton Fig Signature Snare

I play one; lovely drums that look great, typical Yamaha build quality. The wood hoops are a joy are comfortable to play, and won't chew your sticks up quite so quickly. The wood hoops are lighter than flanged hoops and ring more, so it might not always be the best drum for every occasion . It won't fit all standard 14" snare cases either.
It's a great drum, although Yamaha seem to mark up the cost of the wood hoops unreasonably. Works really well for jazz and funk styles.