DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 04-10-2009, 03:19 AM

Default Drum Mics

am awaiting the delivery of My kit. is a Yamaha Rock Tour Custom ( as I am a HUGE Fan of the "old-school" sound). question is I am looking to mic this kit and with all the different brands and wide variety it leaves Me somewhat confused with all the research I have/am doing. the sizes are as follows......
18x22 kick,10x10 tom,10x12 tom,16x14 tom,16x16 tom ( all rack mount suspended) 16x18 floor tom, 2 timbales ( 8 & 10),14" picolo snare,roto toms, (6-18; 7 total),13 cymbals,20" gong,2 hi-hats ( 1 on stand near snare, other on right side over floor tom on remote). am wondering with a kit this size what mics? how many?overheads?am looking towards the Yamaha 6"sub mic for kick. ????? all these are mounted on a 2 tier Gibraltar Power Cage system. any advice would greatly be appreciated. am open to all suggestions. as I have used in the past ( 20 years ago...SM-57 all the way around except for kick AKG-D112 not sure if they still make them)
Thank You.