DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-30-2009, 07:03 AM
paradiddler's Avatar
paradiddler paradiddler is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: West Metro Atlanta, GA
Posts: 193
Default Describe your kit in a video!

Hi Drummerworld!

Lots of us have in our signature a description of our kits. Well, if you have a camcorder, why not describe it to us in person and in detail! I'll start off here with mine, but I'm sure you guys have a lot of great gear to show off!

Happy posting!

The Paradiddler's Kit
__________________
Omar Alvarado, The Paradiddler
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-30-2009, 11:47 PM
Drummer Karl's Avatar
Drummer Karl Drummer Karl is offline
KARL MEMBER
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,099
Default Re: Describe your kit in a video!

Nice idea!!

I did such a kit-tour-video with my Tama Superstar some time ago but took it down because I sold the kit finally.

Then I got a custom kit built by a German drum builder (www.cube-drums.de) and made a little video about this kit and the brand "Cube Personal Drums"

Here`s the hq version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRU_U_dMCTw&fmt=18

And here`s the hd version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRU_U_dMCTw&fmt=22

Additional information: The cymbal set-up consists of 14" Istanbul Agop hats, a 21" Agop Mel Lewis ride and a 22" Agop Signature ride.

Karl
__________________
Myspace.

Drummerworld Myspace.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-31-2009, 05:49 AM
Trip McNealy's Avatar
Trip McNealy Trip McNealy is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 696
Default Re: Describe your kit in a video!

Yea, I did this a while back.. Had the same idea in mind :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdjBX8n07dI&fmt=18
__________________
I've been drumming for 35 years. I'm 34 years old.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-31-2009, 07:13 AM
paradiddler's Avatar
paradiddler paradiddler is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: West Metro Atlanta, GA
Posts: 193
Default Re: Describe your kit in a video!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer Karl View Post
Nice idea!!

I did such a kit-tour-video with my Tama Superstar some time ago but took it down because I sold the kit finally.

Then I got a custom kit built by a German drum builder (www.cube-drums.de) and made a little video about this kit and the brand "Cube Personal Drums"

Here`s the hq version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRU_U_dMCTw&fmt=18

And here`s the hd version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRU_U_dMCTw&fmt=22

Additional information: The cymbal set-up consists of 14" Istanbul Agop hats, a 21" Agop Mel Lewis ride and a 22" Agop Signature ride.

Karl
Hi Karl.

Very nicely done video. I learned from it! Great sounding drums.
__________________
Omar Alvarado, The Paradiddler
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-31-2009, 07:24 AM
paradiddler's Avatar
paradiddler paradiddler is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: West Metro Atlanta, GA
Posts: 193
Default Re: Describe your kit in a video!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNealy View Post
Yea, I did this a while back.. Had the same idea in mind :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdjBX8n07dI&fmt=18
Hi Trip.

You're video is really good; very descriptive. I too really like the HH 21" Dry Ride. I wrote about it briefly on my web site (To Crash/Ride Or Not to Crash Ride). It's one of three ride cymbals I'm considering, when I'm ready to upgrade. And your kit looks awesome.
__________________
Omar Alvarado, The Paradiddler
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-31-2009, 11:41 AM
Solaris's Avatar
Solaris Solaris is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 976
Default Re: Describe your kit in a video!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNealy View Post
Yea, I did this a while back.. Had the same idea in mind :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdjBX8n07dI&fmt=18
Always been a fan of your kit, thanks for posting that video, great in depth explanation of everything.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-31-2009, 05:19 PM
razorx's Avatar
razorx razorx is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Phillipsburg, NJ USA
Posts: 2,215
Default Re: Describe your kit in a video!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNealy View Post
Yea, I did this a while back.. Had the same idea in mind :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdjBX8n07dI&fmt=18
Nice kit.........I've been to ritchies b4. What kind of deal did they give you? I LOVE the cymbal room there.
__________________
Youtube: youtube.com/simpleplandrummer
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-31-2009, 09:22 PM
genericdrummingusername's Avatar
genericdrummingusername genericdrummingusername is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Post-Industrial Hick wasteland.
Posts: 413
Default Re: Describe your kit in a video!

I did once or twice, but I change and refine my kit all the time. The videos get quickly outdated.
__________________
I also play Bass.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-02-2009, 06:35 PM
jer jer is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 638
Default Re: Describe your kit in a video!

Any folks from MXDP may remember this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YNp6pD3oBY

The kit tour starts around 1:50, rest is me wanking out.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-04-2009, 08:03 PM
Trip McNealy's Avatar
Trip McNealy Trip McNealy is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 696
Default Re: Describe your kit in a video!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradiddler View Post
Hi Trip.

You're video is really good; very descriptive. I too really like the HH 21" Dry Ride. I wrote about it briefly on my web site (To Crash/Ride Or Not to Crash Ride). It's one of three ride cymbals I'm considering, when I'm ready to upgrade. And your kit looks awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
Always been a fan of your kit, thanks for posting that video, great in depth explanation of everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorx View Post
Nice kit.........I've been to ritchies b4. What kind of deal did they give you? I LOVE the cymbal room there.

Thanks guys!!!

I should actually do another video LOL I no longer have the 21" HHBDR.. I know it's an awesome ride but I found myself putting it in the "spare" pile more than playing.. I now use 21" HHX Groove Ride or 21" AAX Memphis Ride or 22" Zildjian Dark Medium Ride.

Razor, Ritchie's is awesome indeed. Just the kit (shell pack) was roughly $1500. I bought everything else you see from GC or eBay.
__________________
I've been drumming for 35 years. I'm 34 years old.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-04-2009, 08:07 PM
BattleArmor's Avatar
BattleArmor BattleArmor is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 629
Default Re: Describe your kit in a video!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNealy View Post
Thanks guys!!!

I should actually do another video LOL I no longer have the 21" HHBDR.. I know it's an awesome ride but I found myself putting it in the "spare" pile more than playing.. I now use 21" HHX Groove Ride or 21" AAX Memphis Ride or 22" Zildjian Dark Medium Ride.

Razor, Ritchie's is awesome indeed. Just the kit (shell pack) was roughly $1500. I bought everything else you see from GC or eBay.
How do you like the Memphis ride? How would you compare it with the Groove Ride?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-05-2009, 10:55 PM
Trip McNealy's Avatar
Trip McNealy Trip McNealy is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 696
Default Re: Describe your kit in a video!

I think it's great.. Very comparable in wash and weight. The Memphis has a brighter ping and the bell is a bit more pronounced and leans towards a "tang" sound rather than the Groove's more shimmery "ping" sound on the bell. The Memphis is also crashable. I really like it.
__________________
I've been drumming for 35 years. I'm 34 years old.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com