DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Old 03-04-2009, 05:56 PM
Silver Member

Default Cruefest 2 announcement

Hey Crüe fans!,

MÖTLEY CRÜE TO PERFORM DR. FEELGOOD IN ITS ENTIRETY ON CRÜE FEST 2 TO CELEBRATE ALBUM'S 20TH ANNIVERSARY

CRÜE FEST 2 TICKETS AVAILABLE TODAY FOR PUBLIC PRE-SALE

RE-RELEASE OF LIMITED EDITON DR. FEELGOOD ALBUM LATER THIS SPRING

New York (March 2, 2009) - Mötley Crüe announced today they will perform the entire album, Dr. Feelgood, from beginning to end at every performance on their Summer festival tour, Crüe Fest 2. This year marks the 20th anniversary of the release of Dr. Feelgood, which became the Crüe's first #1 album on the Billboard charts. To celebrate the anniversary, the band plans to theme the second edition of their festival tour with imagery inspired by Dr. Feelgood. Mötley Crüe will reveal details of the tour at a major press conference from the Fuse TV studios on March 16th in New York City and Fuse will air press conference highlights at 9pm ET/PT that evening.

Pre-sale tickets for Crüe Fest 2 are available to the public today. Visit www.CrueFest2.com for details. Call 818-748-9075 for the special pre-sale code.

Eleven Seven Music/Mötley Records will re-release Dr. Feelgood later this spring. Originally released on September 1, 1989, Dr. Feelgood reached #1 on the Billboard Charts and went on to sell more than 7 million copies worldwide, producing 5 Billboard Hot 100 hits. The title track reached #7 on the Hot 100 and earned the band their first two Grammy nominations (Best Hard Rock Performance: "Dr Feelgood" in 1989 and "Kickstart My Heart" in 1990). Twenty years later, the band, as vital as ever, were nominated for another Grammy Award and are celebrating their hit album Saints of Los Angeles on their Winter Arena tour.

Notes Mötley Crüe's Nikki Sixx, "On this summer's Crue Fest we really wanted to give the fans something they've never seen before. And since its the 20th Anniversary of the release of Dr. Feelgood, we figured what better way to celebrate than to play it live TOP TO BOTTOM every night."

Mötley Crüe recently returned to the charts with Saints of Los Angeles, their first new studio album with the original line-up -- Nikki Sixx, Mick Mars, Tommy Lee and Vince Neil -- in over a decade and the ninth studio album in their career. Based on the band's New York Times bestselling book, The Dirt, the disc debuted at #1 on the Independent Album chart and was the top debut of the week on the Billboard's Top 200 at #4. Last summer's multi-artist inaugural Crüe Fest was the most successful touring rock festival of the summer season according to Rolling Stone.

Dr. Feelgood Track listing:
T.n.T. (Terror 'n Tinseltown)
Dr. Feelgood
Slice Of You Pie
Rattlsnaqke Shake
Kickstart My Heart
Without You
Same 'Ol Situation (S.O.S.)
Sticky Sweet
She Goes Down
Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away
Time For A Change

Hear the entire Dr. Feelgood album on imeem.com: http://www.imeem.com/motleycrue/play...usic-playlist/ Go to the site to hear the record and to embed the player on a site of your choice.

For more information on Mötley Crüe, please visit: www.motley.com and www.myspace.com/motleycrue.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:52 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Cruefest 2 announcement

Very nice!

I have seen the Crue on every tour they have done (including a TFFL show at the Whiskey in L.A.). Motley Crue is one of the only bands out there that still put on BIG rock shows. They sure don't skimp on props, pyro and mayhem. You definately get your bang for your buck at a Crue show and then some.

This is going to be really neat to hear the entire Dr. Feelgood album live. It's going to be great to hear Sticky Sweet, Slice Of Your Pie and She Goes Down live again after 20 years. They haven't played those songs live since 89-90 on the Feelgood Tour. Wow, we are getting old.. lol.

Thanks for the update Wolfmoon. Good looking out.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:44 AM
Platinum Member

I'm seing them sunday nite! I can't wait. It's my fourth time. And i hope to go this summer also.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:06 PM
Administrator Emeritus

OK THANK YOÜ VERY MÜCH FOR THE ANNOÜNCEMENT.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:27 PM
Rebel

Thanks, for the input.

Motleys hitting the road...
Attached Images