DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-02-2009, 07:14 AM
DamianArletto's Avatar
DamianArletto DamianArletto is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Murrieta, CA
Posts: 42
Default Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

Has anyone seen or played these yet. They look interesting, I'd love to see how they feel.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-02-2009, 07:42 AM
Daphfz's Avatar
Daphfz Daphfz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 443
Default Re: Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

theres a few vids on youtube :). i dont know why they are so expensive tho :-|, i bet some guy with a broken chain drive pedal, came up with the design in his garage lol, seriously, you could make one, really easy :).
__________________
Tama Starclassic B/B, Evans Skins, Zildjian/Paiste Cymbals, Zildjian/Promark Sticks, Pearl Pedals
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-02-2009, 08:04 AM
Wavelength's Avatar
Wavelength Wavelength is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Finland
Posts: 3,072
Default Re: Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphfz View Post
seriously, you could make one, really easy :).
Yeah, all you need is a supply of aluminum, some smoother-than-average bearings and an array of various small parts, a CNC machine tool, and a few hours at the workshop. No biggie!

Seriously!
__________________
I play Kumu Drums. I also shoot videos.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-02-2009, 12:57 PM
Daphfz's Avatar
Daphfz Daphfz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 443
Default Re: Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

lol i cant figure out if you're being sarcastic or not wavelength :P
__________________
Tama Starclassic B/B, Evans Skins, Zildjian/Paiste Cymbals, Zildjian/Promark Sticks, Pearl Pedals
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-02-2009, 07:29 PM
CASP3Rdrummer's Avatar
CASP3Rdrummer CASP3Rdrummer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: peania greece
Posts: 256
Default Re: Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

i found it kinda ugly.. :S i prefer my P2002C eliminator than this
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-03-2009, 12:11 AM
pix pix is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hobart, Australia
Posts: 19
Default Re: Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

Why not just buy a Trick Pedal, looks the same and similar price. Pearls pedal sales must have been feeling some heat from Trick.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-03-2009, 01:27 AM
trkdrmr
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

The orange takes it out of the cool/elegant zone of axis and trick and places it into the "halloween" zone.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-03-2009, 01:46 AM
GRUNTERSDAD's Avatar
GRUNTERSDAD GRUNTERSDAD is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: God's Waiting Room
Posts: 15,389
Default Re: Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

I love my Taye XP-1. Although not a direct drive it can be adjusted on every plane and is half the cash.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Thank you for sharing my day.
Gretsch Renown
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-03-2009, 02:08 AM
trkdrmr
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD View Post
I love my Taye XP-1. Although not a direct drive it can be adjusted on every plane and is half the cash.
I just tried one today while waiting to pick up my Gibraltar hihat stand.

They are indeed built like a tank and I like them better than IC or eliminators. There is something "monster truck" about them.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-06-2009, 05:40 PM
elliotdrummer7227's Avatar
elliotdrummer7227 elliotdrummer7227 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: england, suffolk, felixstowe, trimely
Posts: 187
Default Re: Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

i have never heard of taye pedals before but they look weird in a good way!

is this the end of chain drives?
axis yamaha trick pearl,...................


NO!

=D
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-08-2009, 02:19 PM
FM53 FM53 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2
Default Re: Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

I ordered a P3000D on Wednesday and it should arrive this afternoon. (2 day shipping) I currently have a 2002C but I have been waiting for this pedal to become available since I first heard, and then read about it. I checked out both Trick and Axis and agree that they were overpriced (along with the Demon) . But the Demon has a combination of both of their characteristics integrated into its design and a few extras of its own that I was intrigued about. One being the convertible footboard and another being the two-position beater stroke adjustment. I will check it out and let you drummers know. I have 60 days to test drive it and can send it back if not happy with it for any reason.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-08-2009, 03:31 PM
freebirdgdw's Avatar
freebirdgdw freebirdgdw is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 642
Default Re: Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

There are sooo many advertisements in magazines etc for these pedals. I think Pearl have got big plans for it.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-08-2009, 03:36 PM
GRUNTERSDAD's Avatar
GRUNTERSDAD GRUNTERSDAD is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: God's Waiting Room
Posts: 15,389
Default Re: Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliotdrummer7227 View Post
i have never heard of taye pedals before but they look weird in a good way!

is this the end of chain drives?
axis yamaha trick pearl,...................


NO!

=D
As long as people don't want to spend 300.00 for a pedal there will be chain drives. Funny thing, it takes more work to manufacture a chain than it does a piece of straight rod. If you want expensive, they will stay expensive.
__________________
Thank you for sharing my day.
Gretsch Renown
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Drummertist's Avatar
Drummertist Drummertist is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 605
Default Re: Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

I can't stand the aesthetic of it. Did Pearl really have to make it look like a futuristic rotary dial telephone and with UGLY orange?

I'll stick with Trick. It's only $6 more for a Single Pedal and it has a compression spring.
__________________
DRüMMER+IST
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Pavlos's Avatar
Pavlos Pavlos is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Detroit Rock City
Posts: 475
Default Re: Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

Why is a compression spring better than a regular one? I'm still agonizing over wihch pedal to pick. I like the Trick and the DD.
__________________
My Sonor-Paiste Setup Mania

Look Mommy, there's an airplane up in the sky.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-08-2009, 05:13 PM
Xalky Xalky is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 70
Default Re: Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

Marketing Hype! I don't see how it could be better or worse.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-08-2009, 06:37 PM
eddiehimself's Avatar
eddiehimself eddiehimself is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Room 409
Posts: 2,565
Default Re: Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD View Post
As long as people don't want to spend 300.00 for a pedal there will be chain drives. Funny thing, it takes more work to manufacture a chain than it does a piece of straight rod. If you want expensive, they will stay expensive.
Of course it does, it also takes more engineering know how to design a model T ford than a piece of rebar for a building, what is your point? (Plus you can clearly see it's NOT a straight rod either)
__________________
Underworked, underpaid and under-sexed...

EHs Music Facebook Page
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-08-2009, 08:13 PM
TurboThom's Avatar
TurboThom TurboThom is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waterloo, WI
Posts: 53
Default Re: Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkdrmr View Post
The orange takes it out of the cool/elegant zone of axis and trick and places it into the "halloween" zone.
This had me laughing.

I tried a demon drive a few days ago, and it didn't really pop out as any kind of amazing wonder pedal. Just a lot of marketing hype, IMO
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-08-2009, 09:08 PM
mrchattr's Avatar
mrchattr mrchattr is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Posts: 1,439
Default Re: Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

I am not a person who gives into hype. Last weekend, I went to the Sam Ash in King Of Prussia, and they had a Demon Drive Double Pedal set up on one of the kits, and I didn't even bother looking at it, because I figure it's all hype and advertising right now. Then, as I was leaving, the guy from the store was hitting on my singer, and trying to stall for more time with her, and said, "Hey, have you had a go on the new Demon Drive? Best pedal ever, and I hate Pearl." Even then, I was like, "Yeah, here's a guy trying to make a commission." But I sat down on the kit...

...and was blown away. It's a miracle I didn't spend the money right then and there and walk out of the store with one. It honestly was like I could play anything my mind envisioned. Double bass is not my strongest thing as a drummer, but I found I could FLY on the Demon Drive. Fly. I also could do rudiments and such, like flam-paradiddles, easier than I can on my Iron Cobra. Anything I thought of, my feet just did, perfectly. My singer finally ditched the guy and came over and said, "I've never heard you play like that." Again, I don't use a ton of double bass at all, so that's not a huge surprise, but it's true. I have NEVER played a piece of gear that I thought made me better before this. It's always been, "Oh, that's more comfortable," or "Oh, I like that feeling," but I have NEVER found a piece of gear that I felt made me a better drummer...until this pedal.

I haven't gotten one yet, because frankly it's a lot of money on something that I will rarely ever use. But man, if I had a ton of cash in my life, I would own one instantly.
__________________
Saluda Cymbals Endorser
Silver Fox Endorser

www.rossidrums.com
MySpace: rossidrums
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-08-2009, 09:25 PM
zambizzi's Avatar
zambizzi zambizzi is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Big Bad Boise
Posts: 4,049
Default Re: Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchattr View Post
I am not a person who gives into hype. Last weekend, I went to the Sam Ash in King Of Prussia, and they had a Demon Drive Double Pedal set up on one of the kits, and I didn't even bother looking at it, because I figure it's all hype and advertising right now. Then, as I was leaving, the guy from the store was hitting on my singer, and trying to stall for more time with her, and said, "Hey, have you had a go on the new Demon Drive? Best pedal ever, and I hate Pearl." Even then, I was like, "Yeah, here's a guy trying to make a commission." But I sat down on the kit...

...and was blown away. It's a miracle I didn't spend the money right then and there and walk out of the store with one. It honestly was like I could play anything my mind envisioned. Double bass is not my strongest thing as a drummer, but I found I could FLY on the Demon Drive. Fly. I also could do rudiments and such, like flam-paradiddles, easier than I can on my Iron Cobra. Anything I thought of, my feet just did, perfectly. My singer finally ditched the guy and came over and said, "I've never heard you play like that." Again, I don't use a ton of double bass at all, so that's not a huge surprise, but it's true. I have NEVER played a piece of gear that I thought made me better before this. It's always been, "Oh, that's more comfortable," or "Oh, I like that feeling," but I have NEVER found a piece of gear that I felt made me a better drummer...until this pedal.

I haven't gotten one yet, because frankly it's a lot of money on something that I will rarely ever use. But man, if I had a ton of cash in my life, I would own one instantly.
WOW...Joe...that's *quite* a solid endorsement. I bought my DW 5000 AD3 a couple of years ago and haven't so much as looked at another pedal since. But...if you're entirely serious here...maybe I'll check it out.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-08-2009, 09:48 PM
Pinner's Avatar
Pinner Pinner is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Getting ready to move to Spokane, WA.Born in California live in Washington State
Posts: 103
Default Re: Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

I was at GC Spokane and they have the(Demon) pedal set up and it is smooth and easy to control. I will not spend the money on it at this time but maybe in the future I might when the price drops. Try it and see if you like it there's no other way.For now I am loving my DW7000
Pinner
__________________
Never to young or old to learn a few new tricks!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-08-2009, 10:02 PM
GRUNTERSDAD's Avatar
GRUNTERSDAD GRUNTERSDAD is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: God's Waiting Room
Posts: 15,389
Default Re: Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehimself View Post
Of course it does, it also takes more engineering know how to design a model T ford than a piece of rebar for a building, what is your point? (Plus you can clearly see it's NOT a straight rod either)
By straight I meant it was one piece, direct drive, and the chain has multiple pieces. I'm just not sure the direct drive justifies the money if that's what they are hyping. There have been other direct drive pedals around for a while.
__________________
Thank you for sharing my day.
Gretsch Renown
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-08-2009, 11:35 PM
walkera1962's Avatar
walkera1962 walkera1962 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Panama City Florida
Posts: 195
Default Re: Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

The best pedal on the market. Check out the video's all over you tube. I have the single pedal and the double pedal and I also sell them on ebay. I also have the best price.

The double pedal $569.00 and FREE shipping!

oh yeah!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-09-2009, 05:35 AM
mrchattr's Avatar
mrchattr mrchattr is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Posts: 1,439
Default Re: Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambizzi View Post
WOW...Joe...that's *quite* a solid endorsement. I bought my DW 5000 AD3 a couple of years ago and haven't so much as looked at another pedal since. But...if you're entirely serious here...maybe I'll check it out.
Name is Jon, but close enough. Vinnie, I am entirely serious. Now, I have not played it more than once, so it's not like I have a ton of experience with it...but yeah, man, it's worth taking for a test drive. I was in shock.
__________________
Saluda Cymbals Endorser
Silver Fox Endorser

www.rossidrums.com
MySpace: rossidrums
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-09-2009, 05:47 AM
zambizzi's Avatar
zambizzi zambizzi is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Big Bad Boise
Posts: 4,049
Default Re: Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchattr View Post
Name is Jon, but close enough. Vinnie, I am entirely serious. Now, I have not played it more than once, so it's not like I have a ton of experience with it...but yeah, man, it's worth taking for a test drive. I was in shock.
Whoops! Sorry Jon. I'm heading to GC tomorrow to see if they have one out on the floor yet. That's all the sales guy could talk about the last time I was in there.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-09-2009, 05:48 AM
mrchattr's Avatar
mrchattr mrchattr is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Posts: 1,439
Default Re: Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambizzi View Post
Whoops! Sorry Jon. I'm heading to GC tomorrow to see if they have one out on the floor yet. That's all the sales guy could talk about the last time I was in there.
Awesome, dude. Post in here and let me know what you think! At some point I'm sure I'm going to buy one, despite not needing one. :-D
__________________
Saluda Cymbals Endorser
Silver Fox Endorser

www.rossidrums.com
MySpace: rossidrums
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-09-2009, 10:06 AM
eddiehimself's Avatar
eddiehimself eddiehimself is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Room 409
Posts: 2,565
Default Re: Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD View Post
By straight I meant it was one piece, direct drive, and the chain has multiple pieces. I'm just not sure the direct drive justifies the money if that's what they are hyping. There have been other direct drive pedals around for a while.
Well of course, i mean the speedking was a direct drive pedal. However, the speedking was also a pile of crap (technically speaking of course). It's not just the driving mechanisim itself that is the issue here about the price, it's the actual quality of the engineering and materials that go into it, i mean these things are made out of aluminium and engineered to the highest specifications to try and make the fastest pedal possible, i don't think it's all just hype.
__________________
Underworked, underpaid and under-sexed...

EHs Music Facebook Page
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-09-2009, 09:12 PM
klopee's Avatar
klopee klopee is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 154
Default Re: Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-gLBmxM1yg

I know this is from pearls mouth.. so its a tad bias.. but it seems like a siick pedal!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-09-2009, 09:48 PM
Xalky Xalky is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 70
Default Re: Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehimself View Post
Well of course, i mean the speedking was a direct drive pedal. However, the speedking was also a pile of crap (technically speaking of course). It's not just the driving mechanisim itself that is the issue here about the price, it's the actual quality of the engineering and materials that go into it, i mean these things are made out of aluminium and engineered to the highest specifications to try and make the fastest pedal possible, i don't think it's all just hype.
I'll let you guys know about the hype. Excited as hell!! I'm getting my double set Monday, with any luck the little brown truck will show up early.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-10-2009, 10:50 PM
zambizzi's Avatar
zambizzi zambizzi is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Big Bad Boise
Posts: 4,049
Default Re: Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

My wife is trying to talk me into one of these...I'm going to GC in about 15 min. to try it out. I might just come home w/ one! :)
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 05-10-2009, 11:55 PM
Xalky Xalky is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 70
Default Re: Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambizzi View Post
My wife is trying to talk me into one of these...I'm going to GC in about 15 min. to try it out. I might just come home w/ one! :)
You have a spectacular wife. My wife is gonna give me major attitude when she finds out I bought one. I'm trying to figure out how to divert her away from the UPS truck tomorrow. We both have the day off from work. Maybe I can send her out to run errands or something.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-11-2009, 01:00 AM
GRUNTERSDAD's Avatar
GRUNTERSDAD GRUNTERSDAD is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: God's Waiting Room
Posts: 15,389
Default Re: Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehimself View Post
Well of course, i mean the speedking was a direct drive pedal. However, the speedking was also a pile of crap (technically speaking of course). It's not just the driving mechanisim itself that is the issue here about the price, it's the actual quality of the engineering and materials that go into it, i mean these things are made out of aluminium and engineered to the highest specifications to try and make the fastest pedal possible, i don't think it's all just hype.
So is the TAYE pedal, made of aluminum, to the highest tech specs. and its only 180.00
and 400.00 for the double. It was the convention choice 2 years ago at NAMM as this one was this year. Unless you've seen the TAYE pedal you would be surprised at its speed and workmanship.

It reminds me, for the moment, of all of the hoopla that KFC is giving its new "grilled" chicken. My friend works there part time and its not grilled, its baked, but because of their failure to sell baked chicken that last time they tried, they are calling this "grilled" and tell their staff to tell customers its grilled by a secret process. BS. So if I say a pedal is the fastest, best engineered, pedal on the market I guess that makes it so. I will wait for them to be tested by the public before passing judgment. I remember the maker of Gibraltars Catapault pedal coming on this site to promote that pedal, and I have heard nothing of it since. That is what I mean by hype. I don't mean to infer that hype is misleading, only that it is premature.
__________________
Thank you for sharing my day.
Gretsch Renown
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-11-2009, 02:58 AM
bobdadruma's Avatar
bobdadruma bobdadruma is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: second measure of a fill-in
Posts: 10,222
Default Re: Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

Ludwig claims that they have redesigned the footboard on the Speed King. I played one for thirty years and I looked at the new "Redesigned Speed King". I couldn't see or feel any improvement at all!
I bought an Iron Cobra for $140 and I thought that I payed too much for it. At least it is quite reliable, and smooth. I think that I would buy a new cymbal before I paid that kind of cash for a P3000D. I guess that it is a different school of thought to a double player.
Let the buyer beware.
__________________
I kind of like old drums:)

Last edited by bobdadruma; 05-13-2009 at 01:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-11-2009, 07:13 AM
zambizzi's Avatar
zambizzi zambizzi is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Big Bad Boise
Posts: 4,049
Default Re: Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xalky View Post
You have a spectacular wife. My wife is gonna give me major attitude when she finds out I bought one. I'm trying to figure out how to divert her away from the UPS truck tomorrow. We both have the day off from work. Maybe I can send her out to run errands or something.
Yes, she is!

So yeah...I picked one up. I have 30 days to return it if I don't like it so I figure I'll at least evaluate it and see if it's all hype.

I had Mother's Day duties to attend to so I didn't have time to try it out tonight. I just fooled around w/ it and tried some settings. I can't play it since my drums are still setup in the living room (move into the new man cave tomorrow).

Anyhow, smooth it definitely is. I had it setup against the couch to stay quiet and have been comparing it to my DW 5000 AD3.

My initial impression is; it's a whole new ball game. It doesn't feel anything like a chain-drive pedal and so far...I remain extremely skeptical. I'll provide something useful tomorrow, once I'm able to actually play it on a drum.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-11-2009, 07:23 AM
Pavlos's Avatar
Pavlos Pavlos is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Detroit Rock City
Posts: 475
Default Re: Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

GD, comparing bass pedals to fried chicken hype. I love it.

I'm just trying to seperate the hype from reality and get down to what this pedal is really about. I'm almost predisposed to hating it because of the hype too, but after playing it for a bit at the store I am almost sucked in. (Trick is still in the running too.) The DD is a cool pedal.

What this whole thing reminds me of is when a major hollywood studio remakes a lesser known indie or foreign film and processes it for mass consumption. Mou gan doo (Internal Affairs) was a Hong Kong flick that was used as the basis for The Departed. While Axis and Trick pedals were the more recent direct drive revivalists, now Pearl is bringing the whole thing to the masses with big marketing touting Demon Drives and Ninja bearings.

Sometimes this can work for films, other times a lot gets lost in translation or the big hollywood machine. Is the same true for the drum industry? Maybe.

Come to think of it "Demon Drive, Ninja Bearing" could be the title of a Hong Kong flick.
__________________
My Sonor-Paiste Setup Mania

Look Mommy, there's an airplane up in the sky.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-11-2009, 09:08 AM
eddiehimself's Avatar
eddiehimself eddiehimself is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Room 409
Posts: 2,565
Default Re: Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD View Post
So is the TAYE pedal, made of aluminum, to the highest tech specs. and its only 180.00
and 400.00 for the double. It was the convention choice 2 years ago at NAMM as this one was this year. Unless you've seen the TAYE pedal you would be surprised at its speed and workmanship.
yeah okay i get what you mean, actually i can get the axis pedals for about that same price (in £) too. But it is a new product, most of the costs of a new products is R&D, which is another reason for why things are so high priced when they're new, as well as the hype.
__________________
Underworked, underpaid and under-sexed...

EHs Music Facebook Page
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-11-2009, 09:30 PM
zambizzi's Avatar
zambizzi zambizzi is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Big Bad Boise
Posts: 4,049
Default Re: Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

I went home for my lunch break today and gave the Demon a serious test drive. I'm returning it to Guitar Center tonight for a refund.

I tried a one-for-one comparison w/ my DW 5000 AD3 and for ME, it doesn't even begin to hold a candle to it. The direct-drive thing just isn't for me...at all. I tried different spring tensions, the different settings on the joints, etc.

What I didn't like was the fact that the pedal feels as if it tries to do everything for you and it sort of "sticks" to your foot. I don't want that...I want to work with the rebound from the head. Ghost notes seemed impossible to conjure up, it felt very insensitive to my foot. The entire stroke on this pedal feels awkward and stiff at medium-to-high tension and as if it's not even there, with lighter spring tension. The beater is crap, IMO...but it didn't feel any better w/ my favorite Iron Cobra felt beater.

I didn't even bother w/ the "longboard" setting. I packed it up and stapled my receipt to the box.

So long, little demon!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-11-2009, 10:59 PM
Drummertist's Avatar
Drummertist Drummertist is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 605
Default Re: Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

I think what makes me wonder about this pedal is whether the transformable longboard is "Weak" at the end where the hinge is. Also, are the parts shaped out of blocks of aluminum and steel like the Trick or does it have a bunch of cast parts?
__________________
DRüMMER+IST
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05-12-2009, 01:15 AM
genericdrummingusername's Avatar
genericdrummingusername genericdrummingusername is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Post-Industrial Hick wasteland.
Posts: 413
Default Re: Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambizzi View Post
I went home for my lunch break today and gave the Demon a serious test drive. I'm returning it to Guitar Center tonight for a refund.

I tried a one-for-one comparison w/ my DW 5000 AD3 and for ME, it doesn't even begin to hold a candle to it. The direct-drive thing just isn't for me...at all. I tried different spring tensions, the different settings on the joints, etc.

What I didn't like was the fact that the pedal feels as if it tries to do everything for you and it sort of "sticks" to your foot. I don't want that...I want to work with the rebound from the head. Ghost notes seemed impossible to conjure up, it felt very insensitive to my foot. The entire stroke on this pedal feels awkward and stiff at medium-to-high tension and as if it's not even there, with lighter spring tension. The beater is crap, IMO...but it didn't feel any better w/ my favorite Iron Cobra felt beater.

I didn't even bother w/ the "longboard" setting. I packed it up and stapled my receipt to the box.

So long, little demon!
Go DW! Wooooooooooooooo!...
__________________
I also play Bass.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 05-12-2009, 01:54 AM
Trigger Trigger is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Pukekohe - New Zealand.
Posts: 54
Default Re: Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkera1962 View Post
The best pedal on the market. Check out the video's all over you tube. I have the single pedal and the double pedal and I also sell them on ebay. I also have the best price.

The double pedal $569.00 and FREE shipping!

oh yeah!
How much for a single? Also, do you ship internationally?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com