The Visitor

Is that the one where the old guy comes back to his NY apartment after his wife died and finds the illegal alien couple squatting in his pad? Then the kid gives the old timer drum lessons and then he like gets nabbed by like immigration (no guys, i'm not making this up).

Is that the one?

Ha Ha! That's it diosdude! So maybe it's a little far fetched, but I still liked it... I thought it was... hmm... charming. Maybe I'm a little partial to it because it was filmed in NY. : )

I saw like up to that part a while ago on TV, like cinemax or sundance or something then i had to go to work and didn't finish it (no DVR). I've been waiting for it to come back on to finish it, now i guess i have to netflix it. But yeah, i got sucked into it. Oh well, why don't you just tell me how it ends, but give a spoiler alert for everyone else.

I hate it when my friends spoil movies for me, like when my buddy told me that Titanic sank at the end i was like, "Aww, MANNNN!!!!! You just RUINED IT!!!!"

Spoiler Alert!!! Spoiler Alert!!!
Was that good? : )

Ok, so I guess you saw when he was arrested. Well this is going to make the movie sound really boring. Oh, and I have to warn you that I am awful at telling stories, summing up movies, and re-telling jokes...

So, the djembe guy is in an immagration detention center, and the old guy visits him frequently, and they end up tapping out beats on the table with the glass thing in between them. Then the drummers mom shows up at the apt, but she can't go visit her son because she is illegal too. So the old guy is kinda the go between. Along the way the old guy figures out that he has just been going through the motions in life, and decides he needs a change. Oh yeah, the mom, and the old guy end up hanging out with the drummers girlfriend (because the mom and gf had never met before). I told you I was really bad at this... So anyways, the old guy keeps practicing his skills, and the mom and him all the while grow closer. They even go out on a date.. I know, bet you didn't see that coming! Then the next moring the old guy gets a call from the djembe guy saying that they are moving him... so they rush down to the detention center to find that he has already been deported. Blah, Blah, they are sad... the mom decides that she has to go back to be with her son... The closing seen.. the old guy is playing his djembe in the subway station... the end
So... I know everyone is dying to go rent it now!!
Its " A heartfelt human drama that sneaks up and floors you. Oscar, take note."

Spoiler Alert!!! Spoiler Alert!!!
Was that good? : )

Ok, so I guess you saw when he was arrested. Well this is going to make the movie sound really boring. Oh, and I have to warn you that I am awful at telling stories, summing up movies, and re-telling jokes...

So, the djembe guy is in an immagration detention center, and the old guy visits him frequently, and they end up tapping out beats on the table with the glass thing in between them. Then the drummers mom shows up at the apt, but she can't go visit her son because she is illegal too. So the old guy is kinda the go between. Along the way the old guy figures out that he has just been going through the motions in life, and decides he needs a change. Oh yeah, the mom, and the old guy end up hanging out with the drummers girlfriend (because the mom and gf had never met before). I told you I was really bad at this... So anyways, the old guy keeps practicing his skills, and the mom and him all the while grow closer. They even go out on a date.. I know, bet you didn't see that coming! Then the next moring the old guy gets a call from the djembe guy saying that they are moving him... so they rush down to the detention center to find that he has already been deported. Blah, Blah, they are sad... the mom decides that she has to go back to be with her son... The closing seen.. the old guy is playing his djembe in the subway station... the end
So... I know everyone is dying to go rent it now!!
Its " A heartfelt human drama that sneaks up and floors you. Oscar, take note."

Sounds good...I may have to check it out...I think the best I saw this past year...(not to steal your thread) was kite flier...I hope I got that title right? AWESOME movie...I will say no more so as not to steal the thread....but I will have to go check out the visitor. Thanks

Ha Ha! It's ok if you steal it drumhead, it probably needs to be. I never did see the Kite.. is it Flyer or Runner? I hear it was good though, the book too.

...really?

It's cool though, they're coming out with "Titanic 2: the Big Boat's Revenge" so I'll be there on OPENING NIGHT this time.

Back