DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 01-15-2009, 08:32 PM

Default Got The Trick Pro V BigFoot Pedals

I've had to think long and hard but after giving the DW9000's 9 months of playing I've decided to switch to the Trick Pedals. They are awesome...first let me back up and say the DW9000's are awesome pedals and they are first rate with quality but they were not the right fit for me. I play a lot of double bass and speed play and it just didn't feel right. They are great but felt that for my tastes they were a little top heavy. I switched to the Iron Cobra beaters and it did help a lot but I really liked the feel of longboards and the DW9000's didn't help me there. I messed around on a buddies Axis Longboards and they were great but he had some quality issues that they eventually took care of and he said he really liked the Trick Pedals and I should check them out. Well after research and playing them I was amazed and I like the spring design and it made sense to me. I decided that while the Axis Pedals are nice; for more money I couldn't go wrong upgrading to the Trick Pedal. I will have that pedal at least 10 years (if it holds up) and since I play true double bass with two bass drums, its a little cheaper since I don't have to have the attachment kit. The adjustability is outstanding and the long boards really make a difference for me. It will take some getting used to but all pedals truly take getting used to. I'll still hold on to the DW9000's as they are brand new and still use them as playing on a variety of different pedals keeps me on my toes. I think I'll keep them for heel down and Jazz situations on my smaller kit.

"Watching great drummers humbles & Inspires me!"
Old 01-15-2009, 08:46 PM

Default Re: Got The Trick Pro V BigFoot Pedals

glad you found something that you liked m8. i wish i could afford the 9000's and especially the trick pro v's
Old 01-15-2009, 10:26 PM

Well I'm not wealthy so what I did is made a smart purchase. I started saving up as to put something down and also, because of hard work and a good credit score, I got payment deferment. So for the next year I will put $10.00 in the bank and with my down payment I'll pay it off. I used someone else's money. I believe that I'll get at least 10 years out of them. Next year I'll buy a duplicate set so I'll have a set for each kit. I have a checking, savings, and a drum account. I justify my drum and hardware purchases by buying bargains and saving. 5 years ago, I deposited $5.00 from my check every week in the drum account. I mean come on, thats not getting coffee and a snack 1 time a week, well it got me skinnier and it started adding up. Before I knew it there was $500.00 in the account. 2 1/2 years later I bought a new drum kit that was on clearance so I really got the value for the money. Also, I kept doing this. I'm telling you and others out there that $5.00, if you stick with it adds up and defrays the cost of buying $700.00 pedals. No, I can't spend $700.00 like that but saving allows me to get the things I think I need. I really shop around and look at the local Guitar and its the one in a rich area so people trade in nice stuff. I just hunt around and my band buddy works there and lets me know when they get cool stuff in so I really never blow a ton of cash. This, probably, will be one of the most expensive things I buy but I did my homework and I'm confident that its the right thing to do.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:30 PM
trkdrmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Drummer View Post
Well I'm not wealthy so what I did is made a smart purchase. I started saving up as to put something down and also, because of hard work and a good credit score, I got payment deferment. So for the next year I will put $10.00 in the bank and with my down payment I'll pay it off. I used someone else's money. I believe that I'll get at least 10 years out of them. Next year I'll buy a duplicate set so I'll have a set for each kit. I have a checking, savings, and a drum account. I justify my drum and hardware purchases by buying bargains and saving. 5 years ago, I deposited $5.00 from my check every week in the drum account. I mean come on, thats not getting coffee and a snack 1 time a week, well it got me skinnier and it started adding up. Before I knew it there was $500.00 in the account. 2 1/2 years later I bought a new drum kit that was on clearance so I really got the value for the money. Also, I kept doing this. I'm telling you and others out there that $5.00, if you stick with it adds up and defrays the cost of buying $700.00 pedals. No, I can't spend $700.00 like that but saving allows me to get the things I think I need. I really shop around and look at the local Guitar and its the one in a rich area so people trade in nice stuff. I just hunt around and my band buddy works there and lets me know when they get cool stuff in so I really never blow a ton of cash. This, probably, will be one of the most expensive things I buy but I did my homework and I'm confident that its the right thing to do.
Luckily, I got artist pricing...my bigfoot pedals are now (1:30 pm PST) on a Fed ex truck somewhere in town on the way to my house.

You may want to look into the pearl demon drive...it has many of tricks features >cough< ripoff>cough< and might cost substantially less.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:18 PM

you are a lucky and obviously talented drummer to get artist pricing. Enjoy your pedals.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:02 PM

These pedals are great and I'm going to leave them at factory settings to get a feel for them and then I am going to start experimenting with them. I feel like a kid a Christmas again. I will be looking at some youtube vid's of the pedals in action.