DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-14-2009, 11:56 PM
TraxxFactor's Avatar
TraxxFactor TraxxFactor is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 77
Default Show off your Enforcer!

I was noticing all the "Show off your..." threads, so I decided to make my own with my awesome kit! Here's the specs:

14" Snare (G1 Coated over Hazy 300)
12" and 16" toms (G2 Coated over G1 Coated)
22" Bass (EMAD2 over EMAD Resonant)

14" Meinl MCS Hats
10" Meinl MCS Splash
16" Paiste PST5 Medium Crash
20" Meinl MCS Ride
16" Meinl MCS Crash

So here are the pictures:

Name:  drumset.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  125.9 KB
Sorry about the fuzziness

Name:  drumset top.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  200.3 KB
And my Eliminator:

Name:  pedal.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  194.8 KB

Last edited by TraxxFactor; 01-16-2009 at 12:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-15-2009, 05:41 PM
dwdrums673's Avatar
dwdrums673 dwdrums673 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 34
Default Re: Show off your Enforcer!

i dunno if its just me, but there are no pics
__________________
PDP lx
Regal-royal fade
Zildjian A Customs
pics/specs

Christian Drummers Army
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-15-2009, 05:58 PM
BattleArmor's Avatar
BattleArmor BattleArmor is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 629
Default Re: Show off your Enforcer!

Wow, I saw the pictures on my main computer, but on my laptop I don't.
__________________
No sense beating a dead horse. Unless its one of those zombie horses. You can't beat them enough.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-15-2009, 07:05 PM
dwdrums673's Avatar
dwdrums673 dwdrums673 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 34
Default Re: Show off your Enforcer!

yeah, im having that prob... im on my laptop. ill try w/ a diff comp
__________________
PDP lx
Regal-royal fade
Zildjian A Customs
pics/specs

Christian Drummers Army
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-15-2009, 07:13 PM
BattleArmor's Avatar
BattleArmor BattleArmor is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 629
Default Re: Show off your Enforcer!

Actually, now I am on my main and it doesn't work, but it worked yesterday on this one.

Weird
__________________
No sense beating a dead horse. Unless its one of those zombie horses. You can't beat them enough.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-15-2009, 09:10 PM
dwdrums673's Avatar
dwdrums673 dwdrums673 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 34
Default Re: Show off your Enforcer!

yeah, it didnt work on my other comp either :/
hey, traxx... could you try reposting the pics or just giving a link to a hosting site if theyre on one? anxious to see this kit
__________________
PDP lx
Regal-royal fade
Zildjian A Customs
pics/specs

Christian Drummers Army
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-16-2009, 12:17 AM
TraxxFactor's Avatar
TraxxFactor TraxxFactor is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 77
Default Re: Show off your Enforcer!

Wow, I have no idea how that happened. I will try to fix it and put the pictures back up.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-16-2009, 12:30 AM
BattleArmor's Avatar
BattleArmor BattleArmor is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 629
Default Re: Show off your Enforcer!

They work now, for me anyway.
__________________
No sense beating a dead horse. Unless its one of those zombie horses. You can't beat them enough.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-16-2009, 12:56 AM
drumhead61's Avatar
drumhead61 drumhead61 is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,143
Default Re: Show off your Enforcer!

Nice kit...is it just me or are your bass drum spurs on the wrong side? Mine and all that I normally see set up are on the reso side...why is yours the opposite way? Has that benefited you in any way?

Thanks for sharing...JIM
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-16-2009, 01:16 AM
TraxxFactor's Avatar
TraxxFactor TraxxFactor is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 77
Default Re: Show off your Enforcer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumhead61 View Post
Nice kit...is it just me or are your bass drum spurs on the wrong side? Mine and all that I normally see set up are on the reso side...why is yours the opposite way? Has that benefited you in any way?

Thanks for sharing...JIM
Thank you. Sinsyk17 gave me this kit and he said the spurs are "retro" and aren't made anymore. So there is a plus when you have an Enforcer.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-16-2009, 01:17 AM
dom's Avatar
dom dom is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hutchinson
Posts: 960
Default Re: Show off your Enforcer!

They are on the wrong side, but it is probably because those lower level kits are really hard to adjust, and with the tom mount closer on that side it probably was an adjustment thing...
__________________
www.ghostnote.net
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-16-2009, 01:19 AM
BattleArmor's Avatar
BattleArmor BattleArmor is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 629
Default Re: Show off your Enforcer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraxxFactor View Post
Thank you. Sinsyk17 gave me this kit and he said the spurs are "retro" and aren't made anymore. So there is a plus when you have an Enforcer.
Don't remember saying that. But I do remember not really paying attention to that when I changed you heads =] lol.

Hey it sounds pretty good for what it is, and thats all that matters right?
__________________
No sense beating a dead horse. Unless its one of those zombie horses. You can't beat them enough.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-16-2009, 01:23 AM
TraxxFactor's Avatar
TraxxFactor TraxxFactor is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 77
Default Re: Show off your Enforcer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinsyk17 View Post
Don't remember saying that. But I do remember not really paying attention to that when I changed you heads =] lol.

Hey it sounds pretty good for what it is, and thats all that matters right?
Actually, you did say that. I do have a good memory and it's clear in my mind. By the way, the kit does sound amazing and I couldn't be happier.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-16-2009, 01:30 AM
dwdrums673's Avatar
dwdrums673 dwdrums673 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 34
Default Re: Show off your Enforcer!

working for me now finally
good looking kit... and yeah, looks like theyre on the wrong side, but hey, if its working for you then thats all that matters
__________________
PDP lx
Regal-royal fade
Zildjian A Customs
pics/specs

Christian Drummers Army
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-16-2009, 01:43 AM
TraxxFactor's Avatar
TraxxFactor TraxxFactor is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 77
Default Re: Show off your Enforcer!

Thanks guys for your compliments. I just checked my drumset and they are the same spurs on the reso and batter side so I'm guessing they're not on the wrong side. But correct me if I'm wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-16-2009, 01:56 AM
wloeb wloeb is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 493
Default Re: Show off your Enforcer!

Spurs are the feet on the bass drum. You have the reso and batter heads on the opposite sides. Take off the heads, switch them, then turn the bass drum around.

Wayne
__________________
My recording experiment:
http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=40247
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-16-2009, 02:02 AM
TraxxFactor's Avatar
TraxxFactor TraxxFactor is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 77
Default Re: Show off your Enforcer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wloeb View Post
Spurs are the feet on the bass drum. You have the reso and batter heads on the opposite sides. Take off the heads, switch them, then turn the bass drum around.

Wayne
Ohhhh, that cleared everything up. I got everything mistaken for something else. Well, it's working fine for me so I'm not gonna go through the trouble. And Sinsyk, my bad. I thought you were talking about the screws with the arms. But those are the "retro" things.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-16-2009, 04:30 AM
metal overlord's Avatar
metal overlord metal overlord is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,001
Default Re: Show off your Enforcer!

Ah, Enforcers. I had one as a cheap practice kit so I didn't have to lug my kit around during band practice. It's mounting fell off, none of the screws worked. The lugs were junk after 5 years or so. Honestly though, with some decent heads they sounded good for a mystery wood kit. With some major mods (new lugs, finish, and hoops/rims) it's a good kit for a beginner kit.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-16-2009, 02:09 PM
TraxxFactor's Avatar
TraxxFactor TraxxFactor is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 77
Default Re: Show off your Enforcer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal overlord View Post
Ah, Enforcers. I had one as a cheap practice kit so I didn't have to lug my kit around during band practice. It's mounting fell off, none of the screws worked. The lugs were junk after 5 years or so. Honestly though, with some decent heads they sounded good for a mystery wood kit. With some major mods (new lugs, finish, and hoops/rims) it's a good kit for a beginner kit.
I totally agree with you. It's an all-around decent begineer kit but the things I really despise are the tom mount and legs on my floor tom. Those things just never stay in place!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-16-2009, 02:38 PM
nhzoso
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Show off your Enforcer!

I am pretty sure your Bass is backwards. I think you need to switch the Reso and Batter heads. You should be able to keep the front of the BD of the floor.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-16-2009, 07:51 PM
rmandelbaum's Avatar
rmandelbaum rmandelbaum is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Austin, TX USA
Posts: 2,041
Default Re: Show off your Enforcer!

Looks great, I like the way you are set up. And yes as you have figured out your bass drum is backward. But if it is working and you don't mind that it's all good.

Looks like your ready to rock, are you playing with a band?
__________________
DW Collectors
Vintage Superstars
Roland TD-20
Misc. Snares
My Web Site
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-16-2009, 08:53 PM
drumr0's Avatar
drumr0 drumr0 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Gordonsville, Tn.
Posts: 655
Default Re: Show off your Enforcer!

Your kit looks real good. I once had a very bad experience with a set of Enforcers. Not the drums fault though. It wasn't my kit, but my band opened for another and I played the other bands kit. I am not a heavy hitter, and I respect other peoples property, but this poor little drumset didn't have a chance. With the stock heads and stock cymbals it was not a pleasant experience, not to mention all of the drums were filled with foam, quilts, towels, and anything else they could stuff in there to make them almost silent. That is one gig my band does not speak of. I have learned that even though I can play the other persons kit, I bring my own just in case.

Your kit looks much better than the one I played. Of course you have quality heads and cymbals which makes a world of difference.

Definately not knocking Enforcer. With the amount of dampening in these drums, it wouldn't have matter what brand it was. They sounded like Rubbermaid!
__________________
My Kit- DW--Paiste--Sabian--Gibraltar--http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=30002
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-17-2009, 03:57 AM
TraxxFactor's Avatar
TraxxFactor TraxxFactor is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 77
Default Re: Show off your Enforcer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmandelbaum View Post
Looks great, I like the way you are set up. And yes as you have figured out your bass drum is backward. But if it is working and you don't mind that it's all good.

Looks like your ready to rock, are you playing with a band?
Thanks and I don't mind how the bass is. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Yep, I'm in a band and we're almost finished on our first song so it's going good. Oh and I switched the places of the ride and crash so it's even better to play on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumr0 View Post
Your kit looks real good. I once had a very bad experience with a set of Enforcers. Not the drums fault though. It wasn't my kit, but my band opened for another and I played the other bands kit. I am not a heavy hitter, and I respect other peoples property, but this poor little drumset didn't have a chance. With the stock heads and stock cymbals it was not a pleasant experience, not to mention all of the drums were filled with foam, quilts, towels, and anything else they could stuff in there to make them almost silent. That is one gig my band does not speak of. I have learned that even though I can play the other persons kit, I bring my own just in case.

Your kit looks much better than the one I played. Of course you have quality heads and cymbals which makes a world of difference.

Definately not knocking Enforcer. With the amount of dampening in these drums, it wouldn't have matter what brand it was. They sounded like Rubbermaid!
Man, how could they ruin the Enforcer name?! Just show them the picture of mine and say, "This is what you should've done."
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-21-2009, 02:06 AM
TraxxFactor's Avatar
TraxxFactor TraxxFactor is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 77
Default Re: Show off your Enforcer!

Alright everyone, a while ago I switched the heads. The tom mount is jacked up so the mount made the tom face the wrong way. I just have to leave it like how it is in the pictures.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-22-2009, 03:37 AM
BattleArmor's Avatar
BattleArmor BattleArmor is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 629
Default Re: Show off your Enforcer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraxxFactor View Post
Thank you. Sinsyk17 gave me this kit and he said the spurs are "retro" and aren't made anymore. So there is a plus when you have an Enforcer.

I remember I said the tom mounts aren't made any more, where it goes inside the drum.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com