DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 12-30-2008, 10:40 PM

Default DW 9000PB replacement chain

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement chain for the DW9000PB? I got an amazing deal on a used one today and Guitar Center. I walked out paying $172 for a like-new used DW9000PB, needless to say im excited. The one down side is that it came only with the nylon strap, and not the chain. So I would like to find a chain for it. Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:55 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: DW 9000PB replacement chain

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw33k2514 View Post
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement chain for the DW9000PB? I got an amazing deal on a used one today and Guitar Center. I walked out paying $172 for a like-new used DW9000PB, needless to say im excited. The one down side is that it came only with the nylon strap, and not the chain. So I would like to find a chain for it. Any help would be much appreciated.
I recently converted my two DW5000s from chain to strap so I have two sets of the cogs and chains. Check and see if they'd fit the 9000 and we could be in business.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:58 AM

Thanks for the offer but one of my buddies came over and gave me his chain from his 9000, as he went to strap too.

What is it you like about the strap compared to the chain? I just cant get into it.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:04 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw33k2514 View Post
Thanks for the offer but one of my buddies came over and gave me his chain from his 9000, as he went to strap too.

What is it you like about the strap compared to the chain? I just cant get into it.
I notice absolutely no difference in feel or performance between chain and strap. I just got tired of getting black lubricating oil on my hands and clothing when packing and setting up. The chains would usually come off in transit and I'd have to put them back on the cog. Straps seem to stay put better and have no oil to get on things.