DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Heads and Sticks

Heads and Sticks Discuss Heads and Sticks

Old 12-19-2008, 02:17 AM

Default Evans EMAD Front Head

GREAT SUCCESS!!!

I ordered the Evans EMAD Resonant Bass Head 4 weeks ago and it FINALLY came in. After installing it on my bass drum, I can say that it was an EXTREMELY well-chosen head. It makes a noticeable acoustic sound difference, and SO MUCH of a difference in my recorded/miked sound. The sound is so much more focused and punchier (with the muffling rings).

The main feature of the head is its easily adjustable muffling. It comes with two rings (of different thickness) a bit bigger than the port hole. They have a slit about an inch or so along the circumference of the rings, so that it sits 1/2 on the outside of the head and 1/2 on the inside of the head (if you can picture it, I described it with rather arduous wording I think...)

Anyway, I'd recommend this head to anyone who wants a focused sound, but also wants the option of a more open sound. If you want a very versatile head, go with this one.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:24 AM

Default Re: Evans EMAD Front Head

have you ever tried the ones for your toms, snare?? ivé heard they are the great in heads and they come wierd with "lyquid" between them lika a sandwich... i still wonder how they make them...
Old 12-20-2008, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedievalKnight View Post
have you ever tried the ones for your toms, snare?? ivé heard they are the great in heads and they come wierd with "lyquid" between them lika a sandwich... i still wonder how they make them...
You mean Hydraulic Heads?...

All multi-ply heads have oil in between the plies, if that's what you mean.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe P View Post

thanks for the correction^-^ and yes they all have oil but i refer to the evans heads only, is just to clear what someone told me about...
Old 12-20-2008, 06:57 AM

Quote:
GREAT SUCCESS!!!

I ordered the Evans EMAD Resonant Bass Head 4 weeks ago and it FINALLY came in. After installing it on my bass drum, I can say that it was an EXTREMELY well-chosen head. It makes a noticeable acoustic sound difference, and SO MUCH of a difference in my recorded/miked sound. The sound is so much more focused and punchier (with the muffling rings).

The main feature of the head is its easily adjustable muffling. It comes with two rings (of different thickness) a bit bigger than the port hole. They have a slit about an inch or so along the circumference of the rings, so that it sits 1/2 on the outside of the head and 1/2 on the inside of the head (if you can picture it, I described it with rather arduous wording I think...)

Anyway, I'd recommend this head to anyone who wants a focused sound, but also wants the option of a more open sound. If you want a very versatile head, go with this one.
Excellent sound my friend, but if you want a perfect sound put emad-2 in the batter side and in the drum put the eq pad that barely touches the head, and you'll know what im talking about.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:04 AM
drummmhead

Quote:

that is completely not true. only hydraulic heads have oil. Other mutli-ply heads do NOT have an added oil component. If you see a "rainbow" when you run your finger over the head, is just the layers of plastic interacting. Oil is only intentionally introduced on hydraulics.