DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 12-18-2008, 08:05 PM

Default Headphones for Elec. Kit?

I had a pair of Legacy PH200 headphones but one earcup thingy completely snapped off. At the moment I'm looking for a replacement. Maximum price 30 and good soundproofing around the ear so you can't hear the pads tapping...If that makes sence? Any suggestions? Thanks

Last edited by Guz2; 12-18-2008 at 08:16 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:07 PM

Default Re: Headphones for Elec. Kit?

I think Sennheiser HD 202s would work for you. I must admit, I am a bit of a Sennheiser fanboy, but with good reason. Here in Canada they are around 50$ and trust me, that's underpricing. They are currently my most used pair of headphones I have. They're DJ quality and when compared to allot of, say, AKG headphones, they win or are equal.

Probably the only drawback to them is that the cable isn't coiled and it isn't detachable, but it comes with a 3.2mm -> 6.4mm adapter so you can use it with your e-kit.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:38 PM
Mediocrefunkybeat

I've had a pair of Sennheiser HD 205's for years. Good, solid headphones for about 30. I'm going to be buying a pair of nice monitoring headphones at some point in the near future, but these have served me reliably for a long time. In fact, before the 205's, I had a pair of 202's. They were pretty decent as well.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:01 PM
Pioneer Member

I got a pair of those Direct Sound Extreme Isolation Headphones. They definitely cut off all exterior noise, but man after about 20 minutes I gotta take em' off because they really squeeze my head. It's like playing with your head in a padded vice. I think they run about $90 USD. I can't honestly say I reccomend them, but they do have good sound and isolation. They are just damn uncomfortable.