DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-18-2008, 02:00 PM
wert90's Avatar
wert90 wert90 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Brighton, UK
Posts: 93
Default hi, im new.....

hi there guys, im new so thought id introduce myself with some pics and stuff
im Matt, 19 from brighton, south england, currently at university in portsmouth. please let me know if theres a better place or this post by the way.



theres my kit, its a premier an apk from '95 i think? with zildjian avedis hats, crash and crash ride. theres also a meinl crash on the left but i dont usually set that up. the snare is old ludwig im borrowing, im not too sure on the details but the wood looks lovely and its 9" thick!!

im into all sorts of music, drumming wise its kings of leon, the subways, carter beauford, steve jordan. yer!

heres my band, let me know what you think www.myspace.com/moreanimallovers (timing is suspect at times, the headphones were cheap!).

i also play in a covers band playing rock and roll from years gone by, with the pub classics thrown in there too.

so thats me! nice to meet you all, i better get post elsewhere.

Matt
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-18-2008, 03:08 PM
Big_Philly
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: hi, im new.....

Nice kit, nice and clean set-up. What are the sizes of the drums?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-18-2008, 03:22 PM
drumhead61's Avatar
drumhead61 drumhead61 is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,143
Default Re: hi, im new.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wert90 View Post
hi there guys, im new so thought id introduce myself with some pics and stuff
im Matt, 19 from brighton, south england, currently at university in portsmouth. please let me know if theres a better place or this post by the way.



theres my kit, its a premier an apk from '95 i think? with zildjian avedis hats, crash and crash ride. theres also a meinl crash on the left but i dont usually set that up. the snare is old ludwig im borrowing, im not too sure on the details but the wood looks lovely and its 9" thick!!

im into all sorts of music, drumming wise its kings of leon, the subways, carter beauford, steve jordan. yer!

heres my band, let me know what you think www.myspace.com/moreanimallovers (timing is suspect at times, the headphones were cheap!).

i also play in a covers band playing rock and roll from years gone by, with the pub classics thrown in there too.

so thats me! nice to meet you all, i better get post elsewhere.

Matt

Welcome to the Forum Matt...see you out there and thanks for sharing a nice looking kit.

JIM
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-18-2008, 04:35 PM
TTNW's Avatar
TTNW TTNW is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 1,846
Default Re: hi, im new.....

Welcome to the forum.

Nice kit and cymbals.
__________________
Philippe - Eat, Sleep and Drum.. .. it makes for a good weekend.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-18-2008, 04:53 PM
Ian Williams's Avatar
Ian Williams Ian Williams is offline
Rebel
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Venezuela.
Posts: 3,183
Default Re: hi, im new.....

Matt,

Welcome to the brotherhood, enjoy your magical trip.

All the Best,
__________________
No Voices in the Sky...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-18-2008, 06:22 PM
slingerland755's Avatar
slingerland755 slingerland755 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 786
Default Re: hi, im new.....

Welcome,
I listened to a few tunes. Nice work, Do I hear REM, The Ramones and The Clash as influences?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-18-2008, 10:46 PM
lewisn27
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: hi, im new.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwilliams View Post
Matt,
enjoy your magical trip.
This is the forum wierdo, lol no, he's alright actually.
Watch out for the freind request from him....
All in jest iwilliams.
Your band is good aswell!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-19-2008, 01:51 AM
wert90's Avatar
wert90 wert90 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Brighton, UK
Posts: 93
Default Re: hi, im new.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Philly View Post
Nice kit, nice and clean set-up. What are the sizes of the drums?
thanks, i try to keep it simple. the toms are 12 and 16, the bass is 22x18 and the snare is 14x9, or something like that, haven't measured it lately, took me a while to find a case that big though!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-19-2008, 01:54 AM
wert90's Avatar
wert90 wert90 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Brighton, UK
Posts: 93
Default Re: hi, im new.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingerland755 View Post
Welcome,
I listened to a few tunes. Nice work, Do I hear REM, The Ramones and The Clash as influences?
cheers man, i would have to say those are all bands ive never really been in to. maybe a bit before my time, but thats not to say i wont listen to older stuff.

we just set out to make pop records in our own way and not be ashamed to call it that. but you can never help what influences you ey!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-19-2008, 01:55 AM
wert90's Avatar
wert90 wert90 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Brighton, UK
Posts: 93
Default Re: hi, im new.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisn27 View Post
This is the forum wierdo, lol no, he's alright actually.
Watch out for the freind request from him....
All in jest iwilliams.
Your band is good aswell!
thanks! i'll watch out!

im working this thing out, i'll try and get more than 1 quote in a post soon....

whilst im here, anyone know how to change the settings so that the most recent post is at the bottom of the page and not the top? its kinda annoying me. thanks guys
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-19-2008, 02:30 AM
dr.funkenstien's Avatar
dr.funkenstien dr.funkenstien is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada
Posts: 130
Default Re: hi, im new.....

wow! did you say your snare was 9 inches thick? that's crazy hahaha cool. Welcome to the forum! Nice kit also. My friend plays Premier, they sound nice.

Peace
Brendan Colameco
www.myspace.com/brendancolamecodrums
__________________
My websitewww.myspace.com/brendancolamecodrums
C&C Drums
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-19-2008, 04:36 AM
drummerchick435's Avatar
drummerchick435 drummerchick435 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Birmingham, AL, USA
Posts: 972
Default Re: hi, im new.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwilliams View Post
Matt,

Welcome to the brotherhood, enjoy your magical trip.

All the Best,
...and sisterhood!!!

Welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately the pictures haven't been working for me lately so I can't see your kit!
__________________
I drum for Him.
Psalm 150

"Closed mindedness about music is the death of the musician." - me
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-19-2008, 10:36 PM
lewisn27
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: hi, im new.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wert90 View Post
thanks! i'll watch out!

im working this thing out, i'll try and get more than 1 quote in a post soon....

whilst im here, anyone know how to change the settings so that the most recent post is at the bottom of the page and not the top? its kinda annoying me. thanks guys
>userCP
>Edit options
>Thread display options options
>change order to newest first
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-20-2008, 03:32 PM
wert90's Avatar
wert90 wert90 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Brighton, UK
Posts: 93
Default Re: hi, im new.....

thats the ticket! cheers
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com