DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drummers

Drummers Topic Name = Drummer's Name. Use this forum to discuss the drummers profiled on DrummerWorld

Old 12-11-2008, 01:41 AM

Default Blue Man Group

Do you think these guys are drummers or just percussionists? I heard that in order to be a Blue Man, you have to be in the drum line or something like that. If they aren't considered drummers, the back ground drummers are awesome. They even sound really good live. So what do you think about them? Haven't seen a thread about the BMG, so I will attempt to start one.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:23 AM

Default Re: Blue Man Group

Saw them on television some time ago. Big time hype for non-drumming "trying to be hip"
audience. B.S.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:29 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slindor View Post
Saw them on television some time ago. Big time hype for non-drumming "trying to be hip"
audience. B.S.
Seamed like the backing band were pretty good musicians though. Saw them twice in Las Vegas. They are a lot of fun. I dont think they have degrees in Percussion from Berklee, maybe Theater though.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:35 AM

I do not know if they have a degree in music or played in a drumline, however they perform well & have rhythm. I recently saw Carmine Appice's Slamm and I thought that was
AWESOME! It's a cross between BMG & stomp. Lots of sound w/ drum sets, drums & percussion with colours. In Carmine's Slamm - I would say 90% of that group are drummers.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz View Post
I do not know if they have a degree in music or played in a drumline, however they perform well & have rhythm. I recently saw Carmine Appice's Slamm and I thought that was
AWESOME! It's a cross between BMG & stomp. Lots of sound w/ drum sets, drums & percussion with colours. In Carmine's Slamm - I would say 90% of that group are drummers.

Sounds pretty cool. Even if they don't have a degree, I think it's a pretty creative idea of using PVC pipes. And you arn't impressed by that, listen to the drummers in the back, they are really fast considering on how much stuff they need to get into one part of the song for a fill and such.