DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 11-28-2008, 09:38 PM

Default tama iron cobra problems

hello fellow drummers ,

i have bought a while ago 2 pair of iron cobras chrome edition , but still not seem to find a decent way to set them up , i tried everything , looked on my space to see what settings they use but i cant seem to find the perfeckt balance for them . pls could someone relieve me from
this problems , cause im getting tired to change over and over again the settings .

thx a lott

greetings tom
Old 11-29-2008, 06:23 AM
Aggressivec

Default Re: tama iron cobra problems

I myself just bought some Iron Cobras. I think they are amazing pedals. Please, if you will, tell me what problems you are having in very specific detail. Maybe I could help. Hope this helps.

-Connor
Old 11-29-2008, 07:55 AM
Silver Member

The IC's are usually very playable out of the box. They are more than decent. In fact every pedal is decent and playable....are you sure its the pedal?
You mentioned that you have tried everything so it sounds like you know the pedal by now.

It took me a little time to adjust to the IC's too. Especially when your coming from an older stock pedal. At first they feel heavier and require good technique to max their benefit.
But once you get used to them they will take you to places that no man (no one) has gone before.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:44 PM
Platinum Member

what exactly is the problem?
Old 11-30-2008, 02:28 AM

first i played a normal stock pedal , and i didnt got that lost of feeling to it , when i set the pedal in original setting the beater is all the way back so i begin to play but when i reach the drumhead then the tension on the springs is to much when i let my foot go from the plate the beater just wiggles uncontrold from the back to the front , how is that ever possible to get a good grip from the foot to the plate ?? when i lower the footplate i dont have any function of the powerglide , because when lowering the plate the powerglide angle just go s to much down and the chain just freely hangs without passing that powerglide moment i think you need to play for the wright amount of attack . so in normal position the plate stands to high and in lower setting the powerglide function gets lost . i would appreciate if someone could post some pictures of both sides of the pedal with view on the powerglide and with view on the speedo ring setting . i know i got what it normaly takes to speed up with pedals with single chain , you push the plate and you got instant knock of the beater , with the dual chain i got a
whipping feeling that i cant handle , the pedal go s its own way . so i get rather pissed at the hole thing and just quit playing .
hopely you understand the problem i v got , and you guys can help me out .

greetings tom
Old 11-30-2008, 03:56 AM
Gold Member

Beater at 45 degree or so, with counter weight just above middle.

Spring cam slightly ahead of flat center.

Beater adjust 2 notches past center.

4 threads past lock on spring tension.

** Try to make sure that the beater is striking the bass at a 90 degree angle**

Not sure if this helps, I sure hope it gives you a good reference. It feels good to me...lol
Attached Images

Old 11-30-2008, 07:21 AM

thx man ! i let you know what this setting does to the pedals , but it seems on the pic that the plates are rather high , when you lower that footplate more down you cannot get that angle of the powerglide ? some guys i see playing on you tube got the plate more down , just wondering how they do it ? but im very glad for the pics you took so i can see closer . ;)

much greets,
tom
Old 12-03-2008, 08:57 PM

hello ,

sorry but i still didnt have the time to check the setting out , new job , night shift , many time away , but ill let you know .

regards tom