my ddrum dios bubinga natural kit

diosdude

Silver Member
Hi guys, new to the forum here. Ddrum's online forum has been "under construction" for weeks now so i need to make new online friends. Here's some pics of my '07 ddrum dios bubinga kit in natural finish:

2 x 22x20 bass drums
7x 13 snare
7x8, 8x10, 8x 12, 8x13 rack toms
8 x 14 cut down suspended floor (rack) tom
12 x 16 suspended floor tom
12 x 18 floor tom
Pearl 4 x 10 soprano piccolo snare
Pearl Icon rack system
Trick Percussion 01v detonator bigfoot pedals
misc zildjian, paiste, sabian, wuhans

bubinga13.jpg

bubinga14.jpg

dios9.jpg

dios7.jpg

IMG_1149.jpg

IMG_1141.jpg

bubingacustom.jpg

Welcome to the forum...

This minimum character rule is annoying......I only have one word .......

BEASTLY !!

O.O oh my!!! did you rob a music store? i cant imagine how expensive that must of been.....

-Jonathan

Nice! I'm not too fond of huge kits, personally, but I like how you stacked the cymbals and drums in multiple layers.

Nice Kit, a bit much on the brass but looks ok. I just purchased a ddrum African Bubinga Tiger Eye kit. You can see it on this site or vist my website at www.awdrums.com Click on the "My Gear" tab and you can see all my gear and the ddrums are at the bottom of the page.
thanks!
AW

Nice Kit, a bit much on the brass but looks ok. I just purchased a ddrum African Bubinga Tiger Eye kit. You can see it on this site or vist my website at www.awdrums.com Click on the "My Gear" tab and you can see all my gear and the ddrums are at the bottom of the page.
thanks!
AW

Thx, man. Yeah, the huge stack of brass is in the pic just to make my buddy down in Miami jealous, i actually only use about a third of those cymbals on the kit. Just some good ol' fashion tomfoolery on my part to put all the cymbals from all of my kits in the pic for a good laugh. The whole thing stays in the studio now though, ain't no way i'm lugging that thing to a gig unless i've got at least 3 or 4 roadies

Here's my primary gig kit, a ddrum diatribe birch kit:

diatribedbl001.jpg

Last edited:
I try to describe my thoughts with reasonable words, but JESUS! That's RIDICULOUS!

What's the cymbal count? PM me the grand total $ if you don't mind.

I think i put pencil to paper once to figure out how much was the value of the kit (for insurance purposes since it sits in a warehouse studio now). The replacement cost was between 15 and $16k (sounds like a lot but there are tons of guys on this forum who have waaaaaaay more invested in their stuff). Being the cheap bastard i am, i bought 90% of the stuff off of ebay bringing my tally to just over 9 grand. Again, the pic is just ass-hattery, i thought it would be hysterical to just throw every single cymbal i own on the set. i don't really use 26 cymbals, i use 9 cymbals and a hi hat on the big kit and like 6 cymbals when i play out on the little kit.

Hey man, thats a sweet kit. Did you cut the floor toms down yourself? You sound awesome to, you're sense of humor is great. That sounds a bit gay, but you know what i mean.

Ooops...
There I go again.
I've soiled myself.
Eff...

The kit is amazing.
Forget the bronze, I want to sell my soul for you shells...
Gorgeous!

Hey man, thats a sweet kit. Did you cut the floor toms down yourself? You sound awesome to, you're sense of humor is great. That sounds a bit gay, but you know what i mean.

tyvm for the kind words. The floor tom originally came as a 12x 14 tom. Ressurection Drums in Hallandale (Miami), Fl did the cutting down and bearing edge on the 14" tom. If you need repair work or restoration in the So. Fl area, they are one of the highest rated pro shops in the country.

Here's a close-up of the cut down tom and the remnant that came off of it, unfortunately, the only way to cut it left the holes from the tom leg brackets:

100_0019.jpg

Ooops...
There I go again.
I've soiled myself.
Eff...

The kit is amazing.
Forget the bronze, I want to sell my soul for you shells...
Gorgeous!

Thanks, bro. You really don't have to sell your soul though. I came to find the ddrum brand a year ago, i was in the market for the bubinga finish and i was considering either a Pearl masterworks in bubinga fin, a DW custom in waterfall bubinga or a Tama starclassic bubinga or Warlord. The GC in town had a warlord on display and after playing it and hearing the difference that the bubinga SHELL made, i knew i wasn't going to settle for just a bubinga veneer. When i saw how much less the ddrum kit was (just over 2 grand sticker for a 5 pc), i was like, "man, i could buy the monster (bubinga) kit of my dreams for (half the price of the Tama and probably a third the price of a sonor)". Then i caught a lucky break on ebay, Fork's drum closet in Nashville was blowing out a bubinga ddrum dios demo kit that was on their showroom floor for a year for like 1300 shipped. I've pieced together the other components through other deals to save a ton of cash.

I should have saved some of the money i spent on lessons though =P

Insane, over-the-top set - I love it!

Bubinga is becoming pretty popular for sets these days. I've joked that CB 700 is going to come out with a bubinga line but it's only found on top-end sets, which we see a lot of here.

I like the mid-size kit you get out of the larger set. Inside every monster set are a few smaller sets dying to get out.

Hey Diosdue,

Good to see you post here. I just joined myself not to long ago. What happend to the ddrum forum.!?! Shut down again (and prob for good)! Oh well, time to spread so ddrum love.

Hey Diosdue,

Good to see you post here. I just joined myself not to long ago. What happend to the ddrum forum.!?! Shut down again (and prob for good)! Oh well, time to spread so ddrum love.

Hey Cadwiz. Yeah the ddrum forum just got overrun with bots and they were too lazy to appoint administrators to patrol the forum, what a shame. Oh well, like you said, i've been busy givin props to ddrum over here now until it goes back up.

Back