DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 11-06-2013, 02:14 PM

Default Re: Show us your '2 rack toms to the left of the bass' kits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkRat View Post
I might have some time tomorrow night to try that out. I've avoided it due to the "scary radical change" fear I have.
Forum admins, please forgive this transgression I am about to commit. I know this isn't a "2 up to the left" setup. I'm merely showing RinkRat my alternative setup to the "2 up to the left."

RinkRat,

This is how my kit looks when I do a 1 up 2 down. I like it because my hihat can go where I want it, my 1st crash is closer and more centered and I can get everything nice and low where I like it. You may notice my floor tom and 12" tom are flared way out to the right. I have long arms and this is the natural position where my sticks fall and I don't feel like I'm reaching around behind me to get a floor tom.

Old 11-18-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Forum admins, please forgive this transgression I am about to commit. I know this isn't a "2 up to the left" setup. I'm merely showing RinkRat my alternative setup to the "2 up to the left."

RinkRat,

This is how my kit looks when I do a 1 up 2 down. I like it because my hihat can go where I want it, my 1st crash is closer and more centered and I can get everything nice and low where I like it. You may notice my floor tom and 12" tom are flared way out to the right. I have long arms and this is the natural position where my sticks fall and I don't feel like I'm reaching around behind me to get a floor tom.

Hrmmm... That looks interesting. I may try that out this week, just for the heck of it. Thanks!
Old 03-28-2014, 02:57 AM

Just had to contribute these. I fell in love with this setup years ago. It fits my style perfectly and there is no better spot to have my ride cymbal, IMO.
Attached Images

Old 03-28-2014, 06:50 PM

I used to play two racks on the bd then went to a 1 up two down setup. When I went back to two racks, it felt better having them off to the left. Also, I like my ride cymbal in this position.
Here's my DW Collectors all cherry shell kit in 12,13,15,16, 22 with a DW Vintage Brass snare.
Attached Images

Old 03-28-2014, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbonzo1 View Post
I used to play two racks on the bd then went to a 1 up two down setup. When I went back to two racks, it felt better having them off to the left. Also, I like my ride cymbal in this position.
Here's my DW Collectors all cherry shell kit in 12,13,15,16, 22 with a DW Vintage Brass snare.
That is stunning! Do you have any videos you can post with those new Level 360 EC2 heads? I can imagine that they sound amazing.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmaticus00 View Post
That is stunning! Do you have any videos you can post with those new Level 360 EC2 heads? I can imagine that they sound amazing.
Thanks!
Sorry, no video. The 360's do sound great, though. I have the older metal ring version on my DW Collectors maple kit and love them. Very easy to tune and I love how they seat on the shells.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:27 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Forum admins, please forgive this transgression I am about to commit.
As pennance you'll have to do three "Hail Buddys" and a half hour every day for a week working on your flam taps.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:20 PM

What makes this such a great config is that it's basically the standard 4 piece with some add-on drums. You can add a smaller rack or larger floor quite easily without having to change one single thing.

It happens to be what I play.

I grew up 4 piece and physically need and want the ride over the kick for my shoulder issues. I have a basic 5 piece and enjoy the fill possibilities of three drums in a triangle.