My Tama Superstars

drums_n_surf

I thought I should put up my pictures of my baby :) well my drum kit lol.

Well I'm still only in high school and don't have money to fund my addiction for drums, so I'm having to make do with what I've got, but I don't mind. I got this kit used for $600 AU including cymbals, the drums, new heads on the toms and snare, throne and drum mutes which was an awesome deal considering he payed over $1500 for it a year ago and it was in great condition. I don't know why anyone would buy ZBT's but he did, and they'll be the first to be replaced when i have the cash. The heads are ones I've never heard of before, but i looked around at one of the drum stores here and it's some cheap remo heads, so they'll be getting replaced too, most likely with coated G2s over clear G1s. But apart from that, i love my kit. Anyway enough talking, here's the kit, and sorry for the poor lighting! Oh and before anyone asks why my ride and crash are swapped, I'm left handed so i play open handed.

Specs:
18"x22" Bass Drum
8"x10" Tom
9"x12" Tom
11"x14" Tom
5.5"x14" Snare

14" ZBT hi-hats
16" ZBT crash
20" ZBT ride

EDIT: I replaced the heads on the kit.
Toms are clear EC2's over G1's
Snare is EC Snare over stock snare side still
Bass is EMAD batter and stock reso
DSC03689.jpg

DSC03691.jpg

DSC03686.jpg

DSC03687.jpg

Last edited:
cool kit, nice and basic :). Heads and cymbals are indeed the first to go, so don't be tempted to buy cowbells and stuff like that ;-).

Hey drums n surf , nice kit I like the colour, like a sunburst. Once you get the heads you like it will sound great. When you are ready to buy cymbals don't forget ebay, there are a couple of good sellers on there. I picked up some great A Zildjians for a third of the retail price. Rock On.

Hey drums n surf , nice kit I like the colour, like a sunburst. Once you get the heads you like it will sound great. When you are ready to buy cymbals don't forget ebay, there are a couple of good sellers on there. I picked up some great A Zildjians for a third of the retail price. Rock On.

Thanks :) yeah its a Amber Fade kit, it looks even better in person, but then again, all kits look better in person lol.

yer i will definately consider ebay, thats where i managed to get the drum kit as well. Only problem is I'd like to hear the cymbals before hand, so I might have a play around at a drum store and see what i like and buy it online. And i see you're from Australia, which sellers on ebay are good you reckon? DrumPowerAustralia had a good range of cymbals and a good price and was just wondering if there are any others there. Thanks

Dude i hope you get some money together before this happens:

P1000852.JPG

Good idea about the drumstore i bought a z-custom, my replacement for that atrocity from a drum shop and it was actually cheaper than online so maybe check out the prices of some cymbals you like the look of online see if you can get them cheaper or if it's such a small saving you may as well just pay a bit more to have them there and then. One good thing about a worldwide rescession is that shops are desperate to sell stuff so you can make savings.

Actually i saw you played indie hip hop and stuff so your probably not a real hard-hitter like me. But yeah not really very good cymbals. I think sabian and paiste make better beginner cymbals. Indestructible stuff. The tama superstars on the other hand are very good, definetly punch above their weight in terms of price, some professional drummers actually use them.

cheers for your advice, i'll make sure to hunt around for the best price, and if it's at a good price at the drum store, i will definately get it there.

As for your ZBT, wow, that thing has been beaten lol. Nah i'm not too hard a hitter, although i am a rock drummer (the indie/hiphop stuff i do by myself just solo). Although if they do get that damaged at least I'll be able to get dad to buy it for me, his motto is that if it's working, its fine. So yeah, he's not gonna buy me new cymbals when the ZBTs are still alright.

Dude, that kit is sweet! The color is awesome, and I love how the pinstripes (even though they may not be great heads) bring out the color of the kit by contrasting the gradient with the black stripe.

Back