DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 10-28-2008, 10:21 AM

Default tricks or dw 9000? need help and answers

I cant pick wich ones to get! i like both but they both have problems. i want the 9000s but they dont come in longboards wich i need for heel toe cause my foots huge. and i like the power behind the 9000s too. i havent compared both but it seems like the 9000s have more power than the tricks because the tricks are built for speed and look way smaller. im not much for speed. i like the deep sound you would get from a big beater like the 9000s unlike the small beater used for the tricks. the tricks beaters are real small and seem like they would just make more of a high pitched bass hit. also ive seen the tricks come without the heel plate. does that mean that its a long board like an axis longboard or is it just the regular foot board? help please!
Old 10-28-2008, 10:37 AM
trkdrmr

Default Re: tricks or dw 9000? need help and answers

Don't panic.

Get the bigfoot tricks and install a pearl quadbeater and be happy. It has no problem with a standard beater, ask Micheal Dorfman at trick yourself. The axis is a fine pedal, but it compensates for lack of power with the sonic hammer beater. The trick bigfoot lacks nothing. The DW9000 is fine as well, between the three it's personal choice not any massive difference that decides the purchase.

I like the bigfoot v2 pedals myself. But trick gave me artist pricing so I didn't pay $700 for them, that makes me biased in a good way. :)
Old 10-28-2008, 02:55 PM
Platinum Member

If price is not a concern, the Tricks are superior. You just have to decide if it's worth the cash.

Old 10-28-2008, 04:14 PM
Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonythechief View Post
i like the deep sound you would get from a big beater like the 9000s unlike the small beater used for the tricks. the tricks beaters are real small and seem like they would just make more of a high pitched bass hit. also ive seen the tricks come without the heel plate. does that mean that its a long board...
Yep, Trick makes a longboard. As for the beater, I'm not a fan of it either.... so I changed it.

The Trick is the best pedal I've used in more than 35 years of pro playing, and that includes over 20 years endorsing the DW 5000 and 9000.

Bermuda
Old 10-29-2008, 03:19 PM
trkdrmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bermuda View Post
Yep, Trick makes a longboard. As for the beater, I'm not a fan of it either.... so I changed it.

The Trick is the best pedal I've used in more than 35 years of pro playing, and that includes over 20 years endorsing the DW 5000 and 9000.

Bermuda
I am glad you said that. Here I sit, keeping the Taliban entertained with fireworks until January. I purchased the Bigfoot V2 with my forthcoming trick kit because they offered me artist pricing.

I am looking forward to it, and I have some pearl quadbeaters at the ready. Should be a blast.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:41 PM
Pioneer Member

Just because you have big feet doesn't mean you have to have longboards to do heal toe.

IT's all personal preference to which one feels BEST for you!