DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 10-11-2008, 05:36 AM

Default DW7002 VS VEX

I am pretty sure tomorrow, I am going to hang my VEX double pedals up, which I have had over a year, and I like the feel... but they are not constructed with quality parts (not a complaint for the money) but probably will not hold up for another year.
So I am looking at the DW7002. What can you tell me about this pedal? I have read reviews, bear in mind, I am going from VEX to this. But it is in my price range, and I have had DW single pedal years ago, and it has stood the test of time, other than I moved up to double pedals.
Old 10-11-2008, 08:59 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: DW7002 VS VEX

If you think you'll get another year out of your VEX, I'd keep saving, until you can afford a DW5002, or the Yamaha 9315, Iron Cobra, etc., unless you've already played every pedal you can get your feet on, and bar none, the DW7002 is the "answer" to all your pedal prayers.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:53 AM

I have a DW7002, I found that it is not the fastest so I changed the spring in he primary side of the ped and got a light weight DW hardcore beater and now it is a really nice piece of equipment. I used a Pacific single ped for a long time and was at first disappointed with the DW but after the changes I love the thing!
Old 10-13-2008, 03:11 PM

Well, I've never had any problems (that I know of) with the Vex. The primary pedal is very responsive, the slave I had to keep tweaking. So as for the DW, I don't play in a metal band where I am constantly relying on my pedals, but, for the fact if it is constructed well, which they are, and it has some adjustability... I have all kinds of beaters laying around, so if I would need to change them out, I shoudl be good.
Old 10-25-2008, 04:13 AM

Well, I can answer my own question now. My 7002's are beyond my expectation. They are robust, but, no more heavier than my Vex's. Definitely built better, better material. I have played with the Pearl Eliminators at the music store, and no doubt, they are engineered very well. But, my 7002's are very "responsive" and adjustable. I haven't had a chance to "play" with adjustments and tension yet, but right out of the box, so far, I am very pleased with these.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:18 PM
Platinum Member

I like the 7000 pedals. With a couple tweaks, I like it better than DW's other pedals too.

The 700's are what the 5000 was, before the larger foot board and taller heel plate (and red delta hinge).

I do like the heavy duty DW spring though.

You can get the delta hinge as a replacement part (if the one you have now ever has any problems).

The delta does have a smoother feel, but it would probably run about 30 (or more) dollars apiece, so doing it "now", more than likely isn't a necessity.

The next time you are ready to 'move up', I'd just suggest getting new hinges over a new pedal actually (unless you'd want an Eliminator--that's a great pedal too).

Have fun with it!
Old 10-28-2008, 07:47 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maffi View Post
I have a DW7002, I found that it is not the fastest so I changed the spring in he primary side of the ped and got a light weight DW hardcore beater and now it is a really nice piece of equipment. I used a Pacific single ped for a long time and was at first disappointed with the DW but after the changes I love the thing!

Which spring have you bought then ? I know DW have two different kind of springs one which is looser (the one that came stock with my DW7002) and one tighter.

My Kit Latest Update