DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > DrummerWorld Site News

DrummerWorld Site News What's New at DrummerWorld

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-02-2008, 05:08 AM
stasz's Avatar
stasz stasz is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Illinois, US
Posts: 2,187
Default Morgan Agren vids

I'm totally impressed by these new morgan agren videos. Thanks for the upload bernhard! I've never heard of him before and the music his band plays is something else, but I really like his style. His drums and cymbals sound fantastic and I really enjoy his soloing. When I heard those repeated flams in the drum solo I video I think Tony rolled in his grave! Great stuff, thanks again bernhard.

http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/m...grensolo1.html
__________________
"If you think you're more important than the drums, you've got another thing coming." -Tony Williams
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-04-2008, 04:27 AM
drumhead61's Avatar
drumhead61 drumhead61 is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,143
Default Re: Morgan Agren vids

WOW, Bernhard this guy is insanly GREAT...love that style. He is all over it and then some...WHOA!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-04-2008, 10:51 AM
Latin Groover's Avatar
Latin Groover Latin Groover is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 900
Default Re: Morgan Agren vids

Gotta love the guy in the front row.
http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/m...propeller.html
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-04-2008, 01:27 PM
stasz's Avatar
stasz stasz is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Illinois, US
Posts: 2,187
Default Re: Morgan Agren vids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin Groover View Post
Gotta love the guy in the front row.
http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/m...propeller.html
lol!!! Don't do drugs, kids. I think I could actually tell where "1" was in that song.
__________________
"If you think you're more important than the drums, you've got another thing coming." -Tony Williams
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-05-2008, 01:05 PM
Tutin's Avatar
Tutin Tutin is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Edinburgh/Aberfoyle, Scotland
Posts: 767
Default Re: Morgan Agren vids

Beast, there's really not been enough stuff on Morgan other than the jam with Frederik from Meshuggah, thanks Bernhard!

The guy's insane.
__________________
Would like more MFB please.

http://www.myspace.com/thisurlisoccupied

Last edited by Tutin; 10-05-2008 at 10:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-05-2008, 03:37 PM
slingerland755's Avatar
slingerland755 slingerland755 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 786
Default Re: Morgan Agren vids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutin View Post
Beast, there's really not been enough stuff on Morgan other than the jam with Frederik from Meshuggah, thanks Berngard!

The guy's insane.
I couldn't agree more. I don't know how to even approach trying to copying that guy.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-05-2008, 10:53 PM
Tutin's Avatar
Tutin Tutin is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Edinburgh/Aberfoyle, Scotland
Posts: 767
Default Re: Morgan Agren vids

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingerland755 View Post
I couldn't agree more. I don't know how to even approach trying to copying that guy.
As far as modern drummers go, his style is quite unique.
__________________
Would like more MFB please.

http://www.myspace.com/thisurlisoccupied
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-05-2008, 11:26 PM
drumhead61's Avatar
drumhead61 drumhead61 is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,143
Default Re: Morgan Agren vids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin Groover View Post
Gotta love the guy in the front row.
http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/m...propeller.html
Yeah, I caught on that dude as well and thought how badly he needed to work on his air kit! But, hey he is into it.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-06-2008, 07:48 AM
Latin Groover's Avatar
Latin Groover Latin Groover is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 900
Default Re: Morgan Agren vids

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumhead61 View Post
But, hey he is into it.
Which is great, unless you are sitting next to him.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-06-2008, 09:10 PM
da_qtip's Avatar
da_qtip da_qtip is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Posts: 11
Default Re: Morgan Agren vids

Does anyone have any idea what the time signature(s) are in the Meshuggah jam?

I found a longer clip of it on youtube: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=hWmFS_9fGRY

and I thought I'd post this one too because it makes me happy: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=LjinwnyZgnE
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-07-2008, 07:47 AM
bballdrummer34's Avatar
bballdrummer34 bballdrummer34 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Posts: 410
Default Re: Morgan Agren vids

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumhead61 View Post
Yeah, I caught on that dude as well and thought how badly he needed to work on his air kit! But, hey he is into it.
man I love that guy. I watch the video over and over just for him.
__________________
Praise HIM with LOUD Cymbals
Psalms 150:5
http://www.myspace.com/jaysawyer
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-07-2008, 07:04 PM
Tutin's Avatar
Tutin Tutin is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Edinburgh/Aberfoyle, Scotland
Posts: 767
Default Re: Morgan Agren vids

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_qtip View Post
Does anyone have any idea what the time signature(s) are in the Meshuggah jam?

I found a longer clip of it on youtube: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=hWmFS_9fGRY

and I thought I'd post this one too because it makes me happy: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=LjinwnyZgnE
It's actually a medley of the heaviest bits from Fredrik Thorendals solo Album "Sol Niger Within", which I think everyone has to listen to at some point in their life. It's so weird.

As for the timings, from what I can hear (though I haven't given it much time) I think there's some 17, 9, 6, 19, more 9 and the last bit I'm not sure of. I wouldn't quote me on it though.

T
__________________
Would like more MFB please.

http://www.myspace.com/thisurlisoccupied
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-07-2008, 08:23 PM
da_qtip's Avatar
da_qtip da_qtip is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Posts: 11
Default Re: Morgan Agren vids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutin View Post
It's actually a medley of the heaviest bits from Fredrik Thorendals solo Album "Sol Niger Within", which I think everyone has to listen to at some point in their life. It's so weird.

As for the timings, from what I can hear (though I haven't given it much time) I think there's some 17, 9, 6, 19, more 9 and the last bit I'm not sure of. I wouldn't quote me on it though.

T
Oh I thought Sol Niger Within was the song name. I'll have to look for this cd.

And 17/8 and 19/8?
Sweet Jesus.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-08-2008, 04:20 PM
Tutin's Avatar
Tutin Tutin is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Edinburgh/Aberfoyle, Scotland
Posts: 767
Default Re: Morgan Agren vids

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_qtip View Post
Oh I thought Sol Niger Within was the song name. I'll have to look for this cd.

And 17/8 and 19/8?
Sweet Jesus.
Well, 17/16 and 19/16 I think. It's all against the swing feel though so it's slightly harder to count.

T
__________________
Would like more MFB please.

http://www.myspace.com/thisurlisoccupied
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com