DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 09-11-2008, 07:56 AM

Default Trigger Output

Hey, im new to triggering but not new to drums. I have been playing by myself (only one live show with a band) for 13 years. i recently ordered a ddrum red-shot bass drum trigger, and an alesis d4 module. my question now is, then what? what should i run the module to that will be loud enough for simple band practice, so that the drums i decide to trigger will be more audible than they are now above the other instruments? i know nothing about pas/monitors. tell me what to look for.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Trigger Output

I've bought triggers quite recently but not used them properly yet just had a quick test.

The way i did it was take the output of the d4 module (probably a jack lead) and send that to one of the line in's on the Pa desk.
That is presuming you have a desk, pa, and speakers?
Then you can adjust the channel accordingly. Like you would for vocals.

In theory you should have a nice fat kick sound coming out of the PA!

that make sense?!
Old 09-12-2008, 09:07 PM
Silver Member

I hope you're not using a trigger to make your kick sound louder over other instruments, you should be using a traditional kick mic. Triggers are used for maintaining consistency in volume (metal drummers like to use them on double kicks) or to layer the module's sounds over the kick to create interesting and different sounds.

But regardless, yea you run a 1/4" cable from the module's (L) Direct Out and then into the PA's input and adjust like you would another mic. And it's been awhile since I've used a D4, but I'm pretty sure the L channel is the one to run from.. most drum modules have the L out channel as the Mono channel.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:26 PM

No no no, I am not using a trigger just to be louder, i am using a trigger because I do play alot of metal, we are a metal band. I would just rather use a trigger than a mic right now while im getting used to playing this new axis pedal.