DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 11-22-2005, 11:18 PM
Pioneer Member

Default Re: my kit(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderbender9aoc
love the set looks like its costs ALOT....ive been playibg for 8 months...but i couldnt get a set in my house till like 4 months ago....and whats a phase?

yeah, what is a phase? actually i dont know when i mentioned anything about a phase or something so...

and im thinking for my next main snare im gonna put a G2 coated on it. I had a G1 before and i think that i might do that for the secondary snare since i like it mainly for a more open timbale sound or something...
Old 11-26-2005, 10:47 AM
Pioneer Member

In the pic of ur bruford snare it looks like its made of velvet or sumthin. Suade?.

And i was inspired by ur set-up so it tried it myself, only it didnt work. i dont have a cable hi-hat but can u think of another way of doin this sort of thing without buying a cable hihat? Or any ideas for a weird set-up like urs. I realise i had ur input in my thread on 'drum kit set-ups' but i bet that u could just create a nice weird, and totally unique set-up with a drum kit, so i was wondering if u could give me a few suggestions on that and also on how i could get it like urs, cause even tho i coulndt really get it b4, i really liked playing that way. I dont no wat u mean by 'linear' fills (sounds like maths 2 me) but i got some really diff fills out of that set-up.

This is my hardware and stuff to help u. (i dont want to sound like im telling u to create a set-up, i just would like ur help on gettin it a bit like urs without buying new things, cause i liked it that way.) Altho in my thread every1 said to invisiable play and put things where u want them, that helped getting them into the right pos, but i never actually changed my set-up because when i inviasble played i dont have as much as experience as u so i really only knew 1 place to 'invisialbe' play each item, and i would love to have a unique set-up so any help please.

Anyway this is wat i got to work with.

Sonor 503 - 22"X16" Bass Drum, 16"X 16" floor tom, 13"X11", 12"X10", and 14"X 5 1/2" Snare, Paiste 302 hats 14", Crash 16", Zildjian Scimitar ride 20", Wuhan China 16", Wuhan Splash 10"

Hardware - Dbl braced hi-hat stand, dbl braced straight cymbal stand, dbl braced boom stand, single braced boom stand, boom arm and clamp, 2 seperate tom holders, bass pedal. and thats it.

thanks E
Old 11-26-2005, 11:16 AM
Pioneer Member

Your green DW kit is beautiful.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:38 PM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin Groover
In the pic of ur bruford snare it looks like its made of velvet or sumthin. Suade?.

And i was inspired by ur set-up so it tried it myself, only it didnt work. i dont have a cable hi-hat but can u think of another way of doin this sort of thing without buying a cable hihat? Or any ideas for a weird set-up like urs. I realise i had ur input in my thread on 'drum kit set-ups' but i bet that u could just create a nice weird, and totally unique set-up with a drum kit, so i was wondering if u could give me a few suggestions on that and also on how i could get it like urs, cause even tho i coulndt really get it b4, i really liked playing that way. I dont no wat u mean by 'linear' fills (sounds like maths 2 me) but i got some really diff fills out of that set-up.

Well I have about a million crazy ideas for setups that im gonna try someday.

But as far as getting this setup without a cable hihat ... I came up with something close with the kit I play at school. And the toms are mounted on the bass drum even!

This setup was helped by the extremely shallow toms of the Pearl Rhythm Traveler but itll still give you ideas...

one of the main things is the mixing of the order. Not jsut mixing up the order of the toms, but also the cymbals and percussion too!

oh yeah and an update on the kit. Went to Dale's yesterday and bought a few things. A Tama Piccolo snare, a Wuhan china, and one more Stagg splash. So within a couple of weeks to a month I'll have two more DE crashes, a Paiste china, and one more splash to complete my plans....
Old 11-27-2005, 08:53 PM

sorry if this has already been asked but,
do you buy all your own stuff?
Old 11-29-2005, 12:04 AM
Silver Member

Thats a pretty unique set dude, i like it. looks like fun to play. nice choice in cymbals, although i couldnt see all of them. i saw a couple paiste dark energies. wat r the other ones?
Old 12-02-2005, 04:59 PM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zildjian_dude101
Thats a pretty unique set dude, i like it. looks like fun to play. nice choice in cymbals, although i couldnt see all of them. i saw a couple paiste dark energies. wat r the other ones?
The splashes are Stagg. I absolutely love stagg's 8 inch splashes. A ton of character and musicality. Theyre exotic sounding and live up to the DE splashes I've heard and at 200 bucks less!

I found one more great sounding one at the shop the other day, and a wuhan china.

And later today I'm ordering two more DE crashes they'll get here around the end of the year. Ill get one more stagg splash (four splashes four crashes in diff. pitches to match my toms), and then a 22" Traditional Medium Light Swish will be coming around febuary. then my set's complete!
Old 12-25-2005, 11:51 PM
Pioneer Member

ok set update:

lets just say, im starting a new thread of my completed kit with lots of pictures within this week. because, all my cymbals are here.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:26 AM
Pioneer Member

cool cant wait to c the new set
Old 12-26-2005, 02:46 AM
mediocrefunkybeat

Sounds promising mate. I've been considering re-adjusting my kit into a similar layout, it's just getting the hardware; I need something to do.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:31 PM

Amazing but I don't see how the hi-hat works. Is ita remote hi-hat in the smae place as in a normal kit?
Old 01-01-2006, 02:38 AM

is that an A custom garbage can lid
Old 01-01-2006, 03:04 AM

I wish when I was 17 years old.......I could afford a kit like that..... Dang im 24 now, Make Good money ...17.50/h...and still cannot afford a kit like that...with NO KIDS. I sooooo wish my parents spoiled me when i was younger. I guess its a good thing they didnt........
Old 01-01-2006, 03:31 AM

Very Nice Kit!!!! Keep Drummin'
Old 01-12-2006, 06:54 PM
Pioneer Member

Man this is just outstanding.
Super oringinal and interesting, and as said before, put some sounds of yours, would like too hear ya.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:42 PM

I don't this has been asked, I tried to search it. How are you mounting the trash can lid?
Old 01-14-2006, 07:22 AM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I don't this has been asked, I tried to search it. How are you mounting the trash can lid?

that was just placed on a mic stand ... i punched a hole in the trash can lid (it was for my other "trashy" set) to get it on

oh yeah my new cymbals are all on ... but now the drumset is coming right out of the corner and the ceiling slopes up from there so its too low to get a nice pic of the whole thing. But maybe within this week ill move the whole set somewhere else in the house to do a photoshoot and also send pictures to MD for the Kit of the Month thingy
Old 01-14-2006, 06:07 PM

Cool.
More pics?....as Dr. Drums said, we want to hear you play it!?!?!?!!??
Old 01-15-2006, 02:30 AM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
we want to hear you play it!?!?!?!!??

I think I'll let that happen later on ... when i submit a video to MD's under 18 undiscovered drummer contest ill post up a copy here ... besides I need practice first before i try n show off!
Old 02-02-2006, 07:22 AM

wow that color is something.
great finish, the kit looks great and so do the cymbals.
what was that ornament near your Vdrums. pretty cool.
post some audio clips, would love to hear.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:31 PM

Im buying some of those evans EC2 heads for my DW soon... i think...

How do they sound?

Love the finish by the way
Old 02-03-2006, 11:19 PM
Pioneer Member

100 comments!!! finally! i can die happy now ... lol just kidding
although i think that's a record for the Your Gear section

Ok, I'm gonna post a new thread of my now much more insane kit soon ... make sure to check it out
Old 03-04-2006, 04:34 AM

Man that DW is crazy! I really love it. Who buys all that stuff? That kit should be very expensive. The real question is how in the world do you play that thing??? If you can post a vid or something so we can see you play it we will appreciate it even more.
Old 03-04-2006, 04:43 AM
Gold Member

I like the set-up. I wanna try a different one like urs whenever i save up enough for a rack
Old 03-04-2006, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin
Man that DW is crazy! I really love it. Who buys all that stuff? That kit should be very expensive. The real question is how in the world do you play that thing??? If you can post a vid or something so we can see you play it we will appreciate it even more.
You want to see someone play such a setup?
look here:
http://cgi.omroep.nl/cgi-bin/streams...dborstlapbb.rm
Old 03-04-2006, 08:20 PM

Aahz, you never do answer how you pay for all this despite being under 18, do you? Are you endorsed, do you have a job?

Is your dad the president?

Seriously guys, watch him...I bet he won't answer this post (or avoid the topic cleverly)...

Damn, I'm cruel, am I not?
Old 03-04-2006, 08:24 PM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-1000
Aahz, you never do answer how you pay for all this despite being under 18, do you? Are you endorsed, do you have a job?

Is your dad the president?

Seriously guys, watch him...I bet he won't answer this post (or avoid the topic cleverly)...

Damn, I'm cruel, am I not?
wait i never answered this question before? My dad is a professional musician.

and my job? I'm his drummer.
Old 03-04-2006, 08:30 PM

Ahhh, it all makes sense now. We all thought you were a drug dealer! (just kidding)
Old 03-04-2006, 08:30 PM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarbo
You want to see someone play such a setup?
look here:
http://cgi.omroep.nl/cgi-bin/streams...dborstlapbb.rm

oh man, i bought this dvd last week! how did you manage to find a stream of the entire thing?

and just to be honest, i found out from this and a few other dvds i bout with Bruford's name on it, that I really dislike the music he's gotten in to after Yes. That was all I had heard of him all my life before. Not to be rude or anything, I'm just saying that it really wasnt music I personally enjoyed.

and as far as playing style, he uses this setup way way differently than I do. i guess i still need to film me playing, dont i?
Old 03-04-2006, 08:33 PM

Hehe, alrighty, the sarcasm in your tone (yes, I can interperet your tone from an internet post - I'm *that* good) implies that you did, indeed, answer this question before, and I lacked the patience to find it.

For that, dear old friend (or random cyberspace acquaintance), I can only apologize nd meditate for the forgiveness of my sins.

But what in the heavens does your dad play (in terms of both instrumentation and genre), and is he famous?

Can I get your autograph?

EDIT: And yes, I, too, am approximately very much looking forwards to a clip of you playing. And it better be good...
Old 03-04-2006, 08:45 PM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-1000
Hehe, alrighty, the sarcasm in your tone (yes, I can interperet your tone from an internet post - I'm *that* good) implies that you did, indeed, answer this question before, and I lacked the patience to find it.

For that, dear old friend (or random cyberspace acquaintance), I can only apologize nd meditate for the forgiveness of my sins.

But what in the heavens does your dad play (in terms of both instrumentation and genre), and is he famous?
my dad's a virtuoso guitarist and also sings. we're in the middle of recording and mixing a record, if you want to look up the two producers we're working with, look up Dinky Bingham and actually,i dont want to give the name of the other right now.

and yes you'll see me play, don't worry. just not tomorrow.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahznightsky
oh man, i bought this dvd last week! how did you manage to find a stream of the entire thing?
Hehe, I really can't answer this question. I browsed around on billbruford.com and clicked on a link and another and another until I totally lost orientation and there it was. I instantly knew that I had to bookmark the stream or it would be lost forever. Must have been kind of the "page-nirwana" where I found it.

Quote:
and just to be honest, i found out from this and a few other dvds i bout with Bruford's name on it, that I really dislike the music he's gotten in to after Yes. That was all I had heard of him all my life before. Not to be rude or anything, I'm just saying that it really wasnt music I personally enjoyed.
Oh it's quite the opposite thing with me. I listened to Bruford for the first time on the King Crimson Vrooom Vrooom live album where they play in the double trio. I was impressed and started to analyse his playing from this point. What I like most is everything with Tony Levin and the late Earthworks recordings.
So the Bruford I like is definately the late Bruford.
But I can comprehend what you say.
Quote:
and as far as playing style, he uses this setup way way differently than I do. i guess i still need to film me playing, dont i?
yes you need to... *g*
Old 03-05-2006, 07:40 PM

Im a huge fan of your kit...I wish i had 30 min behind hit. Everything looks very close, like you barely have to reach to hit anything.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:43 PM
Pioneer Member

Well man that's the most important aspect of my kit, at least to me. Every part of my set is right in front of me and easy and comfortable to reach.

The only "downside" is that the toms aren't right next to each other. I have finally gotten around to practicing being able to do descening/ascending rolls with just the toms, and at least it helps me with getting between pieces of the kit really fast. But i don't consider it a bad thing, when i want to, i have more facility from practicing that, and i get so many interesting fills by moving around the oddly ordered drums.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Well man that's the most important aspect of my kit, at least to me. Every part of my set is right in front of me and easy and comfortable to reach.

The only "downside" is that the toms aren't right next to each other. I have finally gotten around to practicing being able to do descening/ascending rolls with just the toms, and at least it helps me with getting between pieces of the kit really fast. But i don't consider it a bad thing, when i want to, i have more facility from practicing that, and i get so many interesting fills by moving around the oddly ordered drums.
Just ripping thru the toms in order has been beat to death, I would rather hear something more thought out. Your tom setup may not allow you to do fast ascending rolls but it will force you to think about your fills more and in the end they'll be more interesting IMO.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:51 AM

a few questions about that double bass pedal
1- What brand is it?
2- How Much is it?
3- Where can i find one?
Pro-mark Japan White Oak
Old 03-08-2006, 03:55 AM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Opeth
a few questions about that double bass pedal
1- What brand is it?
2- How Much is it?
3- Where can i find one?
1. Offset Double bass pedal.
2. About $300.
3. The link is somewhere in this topic.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:16 PM

aahznightsky--

As others have said, great kit! Just reading through this thread and checking out your photos has given me a lot of new ideas for my drums.

The offset pedal you have is really intriguing to me. Aside from the advantages it gives you in laying out your set... how do you like the pedal? Does it compare to a traditional name-brand high end pedals? Is is sturdy? How is the feel? I'd just like to pick your brain because there is so little info about that model on the web.

--

[edit]

I just saw your post in this thread... and that kind of answers my question.

Last edited by ahector; 03-09-2006 at 05:19 PM.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:52 AM

Cool kit. Props for the trash can lid.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:27 AM

Very unique, really how do you work the hi-hat?