DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 09-08-2008, 04:08 AM

Default Mini kits with 16"kick!

16x16 floor tom cut to 16x12 as Kick now! attached a plywood as front head.It doesn't effect/change the kick's sound!notice there's a home-made wooden kick-base attached to the 16"shell(I nail it!)

That's the whole-kits.10"Tom,13"Floor,13"Snare.all the drum are single headed but with 1"reinforcement hoop attached at the bottom to make it sound good(I don't want it to sound like concert tom or timbales!)There's a home-made snare-wire attached inside the shell.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:12 AM
Mediocrefunkybeat

Default Re: Mini kits with 16"kick!

I'll post up my latest configuration with a 14" bass drum soon. I like the idea of the cradle, but I'm really not sure about the plywood front head. Is there a way of mounting a conventional head on this?
Old 09-08-2008, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediocrefunkybeat View Post
I'll post up my latest configuration with a 14" bass drum soon. I like the idea of the cradle, but I'm really not sure about the plywood front head. Is there a way of mounting a conventional head on this?
Not for this one...unless I move the wooden kick-base a bit just for the lug...plus i need to trim the bearing edge.I suggest if you want to use conventional head in-front than just keep the floor-tom 16x16 don't cut it!!
Old 09-08-2008, 01:14 PM
Pioneer Member

Sweet, I made a similar cradle for my daughters set with a 16X16 floor as a bass.
Attached Images

Christian Drummers Army
Playing Weapons of Mass Percussion
Old 09-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonder1 View Post

16x16 floor tom cut to 16x12 as Kick now! attached a plywood as front head.It doesn't effect/change the kick's sound!notice there's a home-made wooden kick-base attached to the 16"shell(I nail it!)

That's the whole-kits.10"Tom,13"Floor,13"Snare.all the drum are single headed but with 1"reinforcement hoop attached at the bottom to make it sound good(I don't want it to sound like concert tom or timbales!)There's a home-made snare-wire attached inside the shell.
Can I have that? Please?

Seriously, I love it. What did it cost to make, roughly? I suck at mods, building stuff, etc. But I love it.

www.rossidrums.com
MySpace: rossidrums
Old 09-08-2008, 04:41 PM

Here are a couple differnet set ups with my 16 inch floor tom on my dw drum lift
late

Old 09-08-2008, 08:13 PM
Silver Member

Here's mine with a 16x14 kick. Its an early Hipgig and practice set.

Earlyer this month I used only the kick with an 12 and 8'' sidesnare. Really poppin' in the forrest (where the fest. was held) the kick is quite impressive for its size (maybe its the woodplate onb the front :P)

I have a sound clip at home, wich I will post later.

Last edited by MusiQmaN; 09-09-2008 at 12:31 AM.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Mediocrefunkybeat

Like I just posted up in my own thread.

14"x12"
Attached Images

Old 09-08-2008, 09:22 PM

Here's mine: http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=22683
Old 09-08-2008, 09:55 PM
Pioneer Member

wow, I could never play one of those things lol. I've got legs and a riser I use on my 18" floor tom that I've used as a kick before, but its so weird being all high pitched and such. I can't imagine using a smaller one.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:58 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
[

Wow, very very neat. I really like your mini kits.

Don't you have a bunch of threads on these? You might want to think about just having one thread about with your kits and adding to it. That way, everything will be in one place when people look for it or when you have your latest creation.

Do you sell these? Do you have Web site? You really should. Your designs are clever and original and I'd like to hear how they sound also.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:16 AM

Old 09-09-2008, 12:20 AM
Silver Member

http://media.putfile.com/Wes-groove-...val-08-hip-Gig

Here s the sound from a broadcast cam... :)
Old 09-09-2008, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyOdrums View Post
Here are a couple differnet set ups with my 16 inch floor tom on my dw drum lift
late

Wow!DW drum-kits.I always love DW.Their drums & hardware are so beautiful!Hey!That's a very Cool set-up you have.Seem like you didn''t put any "Pillow"inside you 16"Kick.Did it Ring?
Old 09-09-2008, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumsword View Post
Sweet, I made a similar cradle for my daughters set with a 16X16 floor as a bass.
I like it! really cute drumset!As long as we can get the right position(16"kick) for the Beater.any cradle can do!I think you can use those Chrome/pvc pipe and make a "T" shape & attached it to the bottom of the 16"kick.That will look better!
Old 09-09-2008, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusiQmaN View Post

Here's mine with a 16x14 kick. Its an early Hipgig and practice set.

Earlyer this month I used only the kick with an 12 and 8'' sidesnare. Really poppin' in the forrest (where the fest. was held) the kick is quite impressive for its size (maybe its the woodplate onb the front :P)

I have a sound clip at home, wich I will post later.
That's a very cute Higgig that you have.I like the Shallow snare/tom.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmetalconga View Post
Wow, very very neat. I really like your mini kits.

Don't you have a bunch of threads on these? You might want to think about just having one thread about with your kits and adding to it. That way, everything will be in one place when people look for it or when you have your latest creation.

Do you sell these? Do you have Web site? You really should. Your designs are clever and original and I'd like to hear how they sound also.
Thanks for your kind words!I always treat drum design/making as Hobby only(weekend or Holiday).Sorry...haven't got the idea of selling drums yet!who know one day!!!!!
Old 09-09-2008, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediocrefunkybeat View Post
Like I just posted up in my own thread.

14"x12"
Real Cool set you have! I like the colour of your drum!
Old 09-09-2008, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchattr View Post
Can I have that? Please?

Seriously, I love it. What did it cost to make, roughly? I suck at mods, building stuff, etc. But I love it.
I use very little $ for this drum's project!Just some wooden glue,Covering,Bolt & nuts,L shape metal for the kick's.I think around US$130.Cause I get the Covering for free from my old friend.He is a Carpenter & own a work-shop.There's always a huge left over covering in the store!(most of it will burn later!!!)May be you can get a used/second tom...just build a wooden kick-base or get a Chrome/PVC pipe made a "T"shape.attached it to 14",16" shell!
Old 09-09-2008, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Wow!DW drum-kits.I always love DW.Their drums & hardware are so beautiful!Hey!That's a very Cool set-up you have.Seem like you didn''t put any "Pillow"inside you 16"Kick.Did it Ring?
I did eventually put some dampening , the little sucker does have a good deal of ring. Its made with the vertical grain technology so the floor toms are at a lower pitch. That things has some serious balls.
Mike
Old 09-09-2008, 05:18 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
I use very little $ for this drum's project!Just some wooden glue,Covering,Bolt & nuts,L shape metal for the kick's.I think around US$130.Cause I get the Covering for free from my old friend.He is a Carpenter & own a work-shop.There's always a huge left over covering in the store!(most of it will burn later!!!)May be you can get a used/second tom...just build a wooden kick-base or get a Chrome/PVC pipe made a "T"shape.attached it to 14",16" shell!
I actually have some extra toms, etc...but when you get into the covering, bolts, nuts, etc, my head starts spinning. True story...when I was a kid, I loved Legos, but only because you could play with the little dudes. Every Christmas, I would ask for Legos, then ask dad to build them for me, since I sucked at it...and then, once it was built, I'd play with it.

If you feel like doing something like this for someone else, let me know what price. I have extra drums that I could ship to have you transform them.

www.rossidrums.com
MySpace: rossidrums