DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 08-04-2008, 01:36 AM

Default DW 7000pt pedal

I'm very much considering buying this pedal. It seems like a great buy, and I'm hoping it will last for a while. Aynone have any comments about it?

-remoking
Old 08-04-2008, 05:47 PM

Default Re: DW 7000pt pedal

hey man... i've had these pedals for a year now and they are the best double pedal that i've owned but that doesnt make them good IMO. they are pretty heavy and if you plan on playing real fast, these arent the pedal for you. i was short on cash and really didnt know any better. if i could do it all over i would've waited and saved 100 more dollars and got the iron cobras or dw5000 or the new dw8000's that just came out. i've tried the yamaha pedal a few times and knowone really says much about them but i got to say that i really like the way they feel. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navig...=100001+337072 you can look at all the pedals here. this is a great place to buy. look for user comments and stuff. i think pearl has a pretty good pedal that is a little cheaper that tama and dw. good luck. man i would sale you my dw7000 for 100 bucks.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:23 PM
Platinum Member

The DW 7000 pedal is what the 5000 was before the Delta hinge (which you can change out later if you want) AND it has the (better feeling IMO) shorter height, rounded heel plate.

I have an older Delta 5000 strap and I love it, but when I went to get a new one (about 4 -5 years ago now), the heel plate was changed to the bigger & taller square version (sucked), and the foot board was wider (didn't like that either).

It felt totally different than the other pedal (& not just because the other one was "broken in"--I keep my pedals up), I hated it, and took it back (I bought a Pearl Eliminator--love it!).

The Delta hinge makes some difference, but other than that, I actually like the 7000 pedal better than the 5000.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:05 AM
Platinum Member

I agree with Karl, they are the same as the older DW pedal, I own 2 DW5000 doubles and 2 DW 5000 singles. I love them all. As for playing them fast, just adjust them so they feel good and you are good to go. I would really like to know if the hole pattern is the same on the hinges. If so when you get a few extra bucks get the ball bearing hinges, you will be amazed how smooth that pedal can be.

I would not hesitate at all on the the DW7000
Misc. Snares
My Web Site
Old 08-05-2008, 10:23 PM
Platinum Member

the hole pattern is the same on the new square heel plate and th eold round one, and the same for the hinges too.

I just got a 5500TL (lighter weight) hat stand and I switched out the standard Silver Hinge for the Delta Hinge and the square heel plate for the old rounder style.

No probs at all....other than all the stinkin' loc-tight they use.

Now the hat pedal feels awesome!
Old 08-06-2008, 04:26 AM
Platinum Member

So for those that do not know what Karl is talking about when he said "other than all the stinkin' loc-tight they use". DW used Loc-Tight to secure the the screws so they will not vibrate out. They are very, very hard to back out. there is a trick however. Heat the screws up with a hair dryer and they will come out no problem.
Misc. Snares
My Web Site
Old 08-06-2008, 04:56 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks for the tip!

I'll know for next time!

Yes, they were a pain, but I didn't strip or chew up any of the screws/heads at least.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:58 PM

So you really like the delta hinge huh? I'll consider buying one after I get my pedal.
Thanks for all the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlCrafton View Post
the hole pattern is the same on the new square heel plate and th eold round one, and the same for the hinges too.

I just got a 5500TL (lighter weight) hat stand and I switched out the standard Silver Hinge for the Delta Hinge and the square heel plate for the old rounder style.

No probs at all....other than all the stinkin' loc-tight they use.

Now the hat pedal feels awesome!