DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drummers

Drummers Topic Name = Drummer's Name. Use this forum to discuss the drummers profiled on DrummerWorld

Old 05-14-2008, 08:18 AM

Default Zak Starkey

Currently the drummer for The Who (Tour) and, of course, Oasis (Although has yet to accept their offer of joining the band full time).

Personally, I think he does a good job standing in for Keith, and I just love his technique and fills.

Anyway, what do you think?
Old 05-14-2008, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Zak Starkey

I also love his playing. I remember watching the September 11th Firemen/Police fundraiser concert when The Who came on with Zak behind a red sparkle double bass kit. Great feel and relaxed technique. I was instantly a fan.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:42 AM

apparently he has left oasis. they will miss him so much. i think he is a great solid drummer
Old 05-31-2008, 01:00 PM
Platinum Member

I heard an interview on the radio with Roger Daultry. He said the Zac actually studied with Keith.
Misc. Snares
My Web Site
Old 07-22-2008, 01:03 PM

I searched to see if there was a thread on Zac just now after catching a rerun of VH-1's Rock Honors - The Who last night. I was lucky enough to see The Who with John Entwistle live on consecutive nights in August of 2000. The first night was in Los Angeles (Irvine) at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater and the second was at the San Diego Sports Arena. At the San Diego show we had awesome seats in the lower level just above and to the side of the stage. We had a great view overlooking the drum kit. Everyone that was in our section was blown away by Zac Starkeys' drumming that night. He has that sweeping, effortless "English" style to the way he plays, and his chops and timing are incredible to witness. It is not easy to replicate the drumming of Keith Moon, but Zac did as well as anyone possibly could.

I remember thinking as we drove home that I had barely watched Pete, Roger and John, but I had seen them the night before and being in front of the stage at that show, we pretty much watched them all night. The Who will be going on a mini-tour in select US and Canada cities from Oct. 21 - Nov. 9. This may well be the last chance you have to see them so if they come anywhere near you I encourage you to go. Zac is a sensational drummer and showman, and the rest of the band are no slouches ;)

http://www.thewho.com/index.php