DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 07-19-2008, 02:22 AM

Default MacBook & Alesis Trigger I/O Midi converter as electronic drums

Hey all,
I'm looking for a liitle help here. I just got a new MacBook and I've heard from several people that you can hook up an Alesis Trigger I/O Midi convertor with the included BFD lite or Easy Drummer, etc and essentially use it as a drum brain. I currently have a Roland TD-12 and an spd-s but I'm thinking this possibility could replace both of them. I use my electronic kit to practice regularly in my apartment so it would need to function as smoothly as a stand alone drum brain.
If anyone has any input on this or has done it themselves please let me know how it works out. I'd like some insight before I go selling off my TD-12 and Spd-s.
Thanks for any help.
JCB
Old 07-20-2008, 01:08 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: MacBook & Alesis Trigger I/O Midi converter as electronic drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
Hey all,
I'm looking for a liitle help here. I just got a new MacBook and I've heard from several people that you can hook up an Alesis Trigger I/O Midi convertor with the included BFD lite or Easy Drummer, etc and essentially use it as a drum brain. I currently have a Roland TD-12 and an spd-s but I'm thinking this possibility could replace both of them. I use my electronic kit to practice regularly in my apartment so it would need to function as smoothly as a stand alone drum brain.
If anyone has any input on this or has done it themselves please let me know how it works out. I'd like some insight before I go selling off my TD-12 and Spd-s.
Thanks for any help.
JCB
Hello jcb,

Congrats on your new MacBook!

You might be interested in this thread: http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=35539

Also, check out an article by John Emrich in the January 2008 Modern Drummer magazine.

Please let us know what you end up doing and how things work out for you.

spleen
Old 07-20-2008, 05:44 AM

Default Re: MacBook & Alesis Trigger I/O Midi converter as electronic drums

Thanks for the post with the link to that forum and the article. I think I'm going to have to give it a try. With how cheap the Alesis Trigger I/O Midi convertors (and included software) are, I don't think I have much to loose. I'll let you know how it works out after I get into it.
Thanks again,
JCB