DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 07-18-2008, 03:54 AM

Default My Yamaha Stage Customs

I never put pics of my kit on here before, but since I've finally got a digital camera, here we go! These pics are from a 4th of July party that my band was hired to play. We were going to play outside, but it rained off and on, so we set up in a two car garage. Anyway, this is my gigging kit, Yamaha Stage Custom Nouveau, cranberry red. Nothing fancy, but it sounds surprisingly good and does the job.
17x22 bass drum, 9x12 tom, 16x16 floor tom, 5x14 Pearl Sensitone steel snare
15" Sabian AA Regular hats, 18" Sabian AAXplosion, 19" Sabian AAXplosion, 16" Zildjian A Custom, 21" Sabian AA Raw Bell Dry Ride
Attached Images

Old 07-19-2008, 09:53 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: My Yamaha Stage Customs

Nice cymbal set up. I like it allot.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:27 PM
Platinum Member

Great finish on those drums. I own that 18" AAXplosion, it's got a real sweet sound. My teacher has a AA raw bell ride, too. Those are nice for rock. What music did you guys play?
Old 07-20-2008, 11:40 AM

nice kit, nice setup. i dont like how close it is to all that heavy machinery though lol.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:01 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzwazza View Post
nice kit, nice setup. i dont like how close it is to all that heavy machinery though lol.
WHAT?!?!
All I see is a badass bush-fence, and one fierce red bandwagon!. Bring in the 1000 hp "housewrecker" and then we got a reason to worry! (J.K.) Nice set bro! How d it go?
Old 07-20-2008, 12:09 PM
Silver Member

WAIT! I see a front tire/rim to something good, I withdrawal my previous post....
Old 07-21-2008, 01:20 AM

Ah a fellow stage custom owner...very nice kit...i am extremely jealous of your cymbal set up....how does the coated heads sound on those toms if u don't mind me asking...have u tried clears on the kit and if so how do they compare?
Old 07-21-2008, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by youenjoy00myself View Post
Great finish on those drums. I own that 18" AAXplosion, it's got a real sweet sound. My teacher has a AA raw bell ride, too. Those are nice for rock. What music did you guys play?
We play a lot of stuff from the '90's, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, Smashing Pumpkins, along with some Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, David Bowie, Police and Hendrix all the way up to System of a Down, Chevelle, Breaking Benjamin, and Red Hot Chili Peppers. I get bored playing the same music all the time, so this band is a lot of fun for me because our set lists are so diverse. The AA RBDR, by the way, is extremely versatile and covers all the bases for me in this band. I currently own 5 ride cymbals, 4 of which just sit around now because the RBDR is the only one I want to play these days! The AAXplosions are simply fantastic for the kind of music we play, I just love how easy they play. I do want to pick up 2 more crashes for lower volume gigs, as the AAXplosions can be a bit hard to control in some of the small bars I play in (I'm thinking either AAX Studios or HHX Evolutions).

Last edited by gish; 07-21-2008 at 02:46 AM.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerdrums109 View Post
Ah a fellow stage custom owner...very nice kit...i am extremely jealous of your cymbal set up....how does the coated heads sound on those toms if u don't mind me asking...have u tried clears on the kit and if so how do they compare?
I haven't tried clear heads on my toms simply because I have always preferred coated on all of the drum kits I have owned. I like an open, warm sound with good attack. When I mic the kit, I use one or two pieces of Moongel on each tom; no mics, I run them wide open. The coated Emperor batter/ clear Ambassador reso combo gives me the sound I want to hear.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gish View Post
I haven't tried clear heads on my toms simply because I have always preferred coated on all of the drum kits I have owned. I like an open, warm sound with good attack. When I mic the kit, I use one or two pieces of Moongel on each tom; no mics, I run them wide open. The coated Emperor batter/ clear Ambassador reso combo gives me the sound I want to hear.
Thank you very much for the reply i might just try coated heads for a change...ive only owned them on a former kit but the heads were years and years old and so were the drums (falling apart to)...so i dont think its fair for me to judge based on that...but again very very nice kit