DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 07-14-2008, 12:30 AM
Platinum Member

Default Mesh heads on an accoustic kit? (Triggers)

Yes I know triggers are posted about a lot, yes I searched through dozens of threads - I couldn't find exactly what I wanted to know.

Basically I have an acoustic kit, but due to moving soon I would like to cut down on the noise created so as not to upset neighbours for awhile, without having to buy a separate electronic kit (I have the money to buy a high end Roland/Hart, but I don't want too).
I would like to replace my acoustic heads with mesh ones and then run through to a module/computer to use some software to trigger the sounds.

I'm pretty sure this is possible, I was just wondering if one of the e-kit geniuses here could give me the low-down on the different kind of things I would need, and different possibilities/problems to consider. Such as which heads are best, which drum module to use, triggers needed, etc.

Btw I live in the UK so links to U.S. sites (in terms of purchasing) won't be that useful.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:57 AM

Default Re: Mesh heads on an accoustic kit? (Triggers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddy View Post
Yes I know triggers are posted about a lot, yes I searched through dozens of threads - I couldn't find exactly what I wanted to know.

Basically I have an acoustic kit, but due to moving soon I would like to cut down on the noise created so as not to upset neighbours for awhile, without having to buy a separate electronic kit (I have the money to buy a high end Roland/Hart, but I don't want too).
I would like to replace my acoustic heads with mesh ones and then run through to a module/computer to use some software to trigger the sounds.

I'm pretty sure this is possible, I was just wondering if one of the e-kit geniuses here could give me the low-down on the different kind of things I would need, and different possibilities/problems to consider. Such as which heads are best, which drum module to use, triggers needed, etc.

Btw I live in the UK so links to U.S. sites (in terms of purchasing) won't be that useful.
same here... looking into the same options... If you get any "private" information Toddy, please let me know...

cheers,
Old 07-14-2008, 08:05 PM
Platinum Member

Well mate I had a scout around and I guess I can't link other forums here, but I found one more to do with vdrums which helped me alot on this matter.

I'm sure you can figure it out ;)
Old 07-14-2008, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddy View Post
Well mate I had a scout around and I guess I can't link other forums here, but I found one more to do with vdrums which helped me alot on this matter.

I'm sure you can figure it out ;)
what about sending me a PM ? :-)