DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 06-29-2008, 10:13 AM

Default Electronic Kits - help please

i currently need an electric kit to practise on, because my pearl elx is being shifted over to my guitarist's place :( and im most likely getting this https://www.billyhydemusic.com.au/sh...n=view&id=2170
but i was wondering if it's possible and how you would move it all around to suit a left-hander like myself.

thanks, Darc.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:22 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Electronic Kits - help please

All e-kit racks are modular and can be built into pretty much any configuration, so yes, you can mirror that setup very easily.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:51 PM
Platinum Member

Yes they can all be moved around however you like, but I wouldn't suggest that kit. The DTXplorer is a much better choice.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:31 PM

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...Set?sku=483503
Old 08-12-2008, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironcobra View Post
Yes they can all be moved around however you like, but I wouldn't suggest that kit. The DTXplorer is a much better choice.
DTXplorers are gorgeous, especially for the budget range, XPresses are also nice, I have a real old one, which works great. However, be careful with the older ones, the bass trigger may be to small for double bass, so you may have to buy a new, larger trigger.
My Drum teacher has a roland of about 1000, the good thing with things like rolands and higher end ones, is more jack points to extend your array of drums and cymbals.
One other warning, I find with my Xpress that the hi-hat pedal is out of sync with my foot and the signal to the brain, and apparantly it's the same with many other electronic kits.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:11 PM

as an effective dtexplorer user myself for fun, practice and work i would say it is the best in it's price range.

i would strongly recommend them. if vinyl pads would be of worry with regard to rebound and general playing feel, you can always replace (snare pad only in order to preserve healthy economics) with a mesh snare pad (e.g.pintech) or equip your acoustic snare with mesh head and an acoustic drum trigger. both options would work.

you can check out below thread:

practicing with edrums
Old 09-02-2008, 12:56 AM

Hey I have a DTXTreme IIs myself, and I love it. My friend, however, has a DTXPlorer, and it feels just as good in terms of pad quality, and I think it is better even than some of the Rolands. Personally, I dislike Roland or any other keyboard maker, because they don't have the same experience with real drums as Yamaha has. Yamaha makes spectacular acoustic drums, and the DTXPlorer mirrors that in a kit that is more compact, quiet, and easy to transport. Plus, it's the same price as the one you're considering.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:50 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrumming View Post
Hey I have a DTXTreme IIs myself, and I love it. My friend, however, has a DTXPlorer, and it feels just as good in terms of pad quality, and I think it is better even than some of the Rolands. Personally, I dislike Roland or any other keyboard maker, because they don't have the same experience with real drums as Yamaha has. Yamaha makes spectacular acoustic drums, and the DTXPlorer mirrors that in a kit that is more compact, quiet, and easy to transport. Plus, it's the same price as the one you're considering.
I'd MUCH rather trust a motorcyle company... :-)

Seriously, though, Roland knows what they're doing when it comes to digital instruments. I haven't played any upper-level Yamahas, but I played with a guy who had a DTXpress (he sold his Pearl for this). It had no life and felt really fake.

On the other hand, I play on a Roland at church, and I've only found one (ONE!) snare drum model that I like. Even that one doesn't cover the whole dynamic range of the snare, but it gets the "rim shot" rock sound down pretty well for modern praise and worship.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:26 PM
Silver Member

Yamaha has a long time of expierence with recording drumkits for drummodules.

Just try the new DTXTREME III and you will be blown away by the reallistic sound. Where Roland has maybe more kits but you will only use one or 2 against the maybe fewer kits, but you will use them ALL.

Not to mention Usb, Sampling, Ram memory etc. etc.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:55 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusiQmaN View Post
Yamaha has a long time of expierence with recording drumkits for drummodules.

Just try the new DTXTREME III and you will be blown away by the reallistic sound. Where Roland has maybe more kits but you will only use one or 2 against the maybe fewer kits, but you will use them ALL.

Not to mention Usb, Sampling, Ram memory etc. etc.
Yeah, but sticking with rubber pads? I like tuning the Roland mesh heads tight on the snare and looser on the toms to replicate the rebound I get on my real set. I guess the player could adjust to get used to it, but shouldn't the set adjust to the player- not the other way around?