DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 06-26-2008, 05:48 PM

Default DW 9000 series hihat screws . Help please

Hi,
I have a DW 9000 2 legged hihat pedal . Last week , at a gig, I lost one of the screws that secures the footplate to the main body of the stand .The screws are quite short and are secured using a drum key. I live in the UK and cannot find a supplier . I can still use the stand but it is not very stable. Could anybody please give me a contact to get a replacement. Thanks.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:22 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: DW 9000 series hihat screws . Help please

Any DW dealer should be able to get you that. Some drum shops will let you rummage through their spare parts and you could find your own. It's not a very exotic part. I have a DW5000 stand and if the 9000 is similar, the small bolt you are talking about attaches to a nut. There are two of them and they allow the foot pedal plate to lock in place or fold up for transport.

You could also take the stand to a hardware store and get a replacement, but it wouldn't be a four-sided drum key. You might be able to get a wing bolt, which means you could tighten it by hand and that might be preferable. Another option is to see if a standard tuning bolt from a drum would work. You could use a vise and hacksaw to shorten it.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:32 PM

Thanks for your advice . The problem seems to be that spares are easily sourced in U.S.A but there is only 1 importer of spares to the UK and they do not stock it and will not import it either.. I'm off out today to try and find a suitable replacement from a hardware shop. Thanks again.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:47 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Skates View Post
Thanks for your advice . The problem seems to be that spares are easily sourced in U.S.A but there is only 1 importer of spares to the UK and they do not stock it and will not import it either.. I'm off out today to try and find a suitable replacement from a hardware shop. Thanks again.
I hope it works. Have you tried using a standard drum tuning bolt? Those are everywhere. If the threads fit, you could saw it down.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:25 PM

Yes i tried the tuning bolt but the thread was not coarse enough . But i managed to find a replacement 3/8 inch witworth bolt . I have cut that down and it fits just right. Thanks again for your interest and input .