DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 06-14-2008, 04:29 AM
Platinum Member

Default Mind_Drummer latest Updates

Not been on the board (or on any board) as much as I used to be but I stop by as much as I can.

Well recently, I've been working on my custom ML signature RimClick wedge, to explain brievely, about 3 years ago I had to cut down a 6 years grown sugar maple tree in my yard. I've kept two or three small 24" logs and one that had a particular curve which brought my brain to workout an idea about the "Russ Miller sig. Groove wedge. I let my humble skills create my own RimClick wedge. In the same time I have also modified my MP cowbell and added an oak top border and now it sound to my taste.

Then I went to Montreal for IT meeting and I went to Steve's Music for some shopping.
I've got two felt beater, two pairs of Vater "Session", a pair of Ahead Flix synthetic Jazz brushes, a 13" Gibraltar and a 14" PureSound blaster snare strands, an Aquarian Z-100 Texture Coated and a TAMA clam. I have also ordered the Gibraltar Dunnett Bop Coversion kit which wasn't in stock.

Finally I have a few times ago settled my kit as two offset high toms and two low toms and with many cymbal as I can. I have also take pictures of my very humble snare collection.

Let the pictures do the talking...

My Kit Latest Update
Old 06-14-2008, 05:11 AM

Default Re: Mind_Drummer latest Updates

The wedges you made for the cowbell and snare are really cool, especially the one on the snare drum. Looks like you did a good job on it!
Old 06-14-2008, 05:12 PM

What, no Unix snare in that collection, shame on you young man...
On a serious not how do you like that new configuration.

My set is 8-10-12-14 and 16 floor tom in a very standard config, but I recently discover an interest for the more rock approach config like 12 rack tom and two floor, in order to have my ride as low as yours.

Is it more egonimic playing that config?
Old 06-14-2008, 05:39 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
The wedges you made for the cowbell and snare are really cool, especially the one on the snare drum. Looks like you did a good job on it!
Thank's I've spent many hours on the RimClick wedge project, now it look & sound good, very nice rimclick definition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unix View Post
What, no Unix snare in that collection, shame on you young man...
On a serious not how do you like that new configuration.

My set is 8-10-12-14 and 16 floor tom in a very standard config, but I recently discover an interest for the more rock approach config like 12 rack tom and two floor, in order to have my ride as low as yours.

Is it more egonimic playing that config?
I may eventually look into a 13" cherry stave of yours with cast hoops. I've played the 1 UP 2 DOWN config for almost 2 years and adding another tom just aside on the left give me more alternative for musicality (high tom pattern etc...). If you notice I have my right ride low over the bass drum but I have also a left ride over the hi-hat. I do although appreciate the lower ride on the right and that's why I did configure my rack toms in an off-set setup.

My Kit Latest Update