DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Heads and Sticks

Heads and Sticks Discuss Heads and Sticks

Old 06-12-2008, 04:20 AM

Default Sonor Force 2005 Head Choices

I own a set of Force 2005's, but I find the toms nearly impossible to tune with my current set of heads. Right now I'm using Aquarian Texture Coated Satin Finish heads as batters and Aquarian Classic Clears as resos.

Only a couple quarter turns past the point where the heads buzz, the drums stop resonating and I get a really nasty ring. It could very well be that I'm just bad at tuning, but I've tried all sorts of tuning combinations- batter and reso tuned to the same pitch, batter higher than reso, batter lower than reso, etc, all up and down the drums' ranges.

Does anyone with experience with these drums have any better head suggestions? I play mainly jazz, so I'm looking for an open, higher pitched tone. The search functionality isn't working for me at the moment so I apologize if this question has already been asked somewhere.

Thanks!

Tom
Old 06-12-2008, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Sonor Force 2005 Head Choices

If you are really a jazz player and dont play heavy, try the remo fibreskyn heads. I tried them once and they had a really warm, open sound and were easy to tune.