DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 05-31-2008, 04:43 PM

Default Which Iron Cobra pedal to buy??

So I almost have enough money to buy a new double bass pedal. I still haven't decided on whether to get a Iron Cobra or a Pearl Eliminator though. If I get the IC, which one should i get? What exactly is the difference between the Powerglide, Rolling glide, and the Flexiglide, other than what parts it has? What are the pros and cons to each? Thanks in advance!

Thomas
Old 05-31-2008, 04:58 PM

Default Re: Which Iron Cobra pedal to buy??

Well the main diff ...

Power = Offset Cam
Rolling = Cobra Coil, which is a spring under the footplate to help the pedal return back.
Flexi = Strap Drive instead of Chain

It looks like the Cobra Coil could be affixed to either of the other plates if you could get the Cobra Coil by itself, since the other footplates have cutouts for it.
Old 05-31-2008, 05:46 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertTheDrummer View Post
Well the main diff ...

Power = Offset Cam
Rolling = Cobra Coil, which is a spring under the footplate to help the pedal return back.
Flexi = Strap Drive instead of Chain

It looks like the Cobra Coil could be affixed to either of the other plates if you could get the Cobra Coil by itself, since the other footplates have cutouts for it.
I'm not an expert, but I think the spring underneath is a new addition for all pedals in 2008. But I'll have to double check on that one. And I think the only difference between the RG and the PG is the shape of the cam. The strap on the FG is rubber I believe.

Old 05-31-2008, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcobra View Post
I'm not an expert, but I think the spring underneath is a new addition for all pedals in 2008. But I'll have to double check on that one. And I think the only difference between the RG and the PG is the shape of the cam. The strap on the FG is rubber I believe.
The spring might be, I haven't looked at them closely for a while. The Strap on the Flexi is Kevlar.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:00 AM

Also, if I go with the Powerglide, it doesn't come with the Cobra Coil, but I've heard you can order it seperately. Where can I find the Cobra Coil by itself to order it? I've looked at Musiciansfriend, Music123, and ZZounds and neither of them have the Cobra Coil by itself. Do I have to order it directly from the Tama website? Thanks!
Old 06-01-2008, 02:07 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsfootball View Post
So I almost have enough money to buy a new double bass pedal. I still haven't decided on whether to get a Iron Cobra or a Pearl Eliminator though. If I get the IC, which one should i get? What exactly is the difference between the Powerglide, Rolling glide, and the Flexiglide, other than what parts it has? What are the pros and cons to each? Thanks in advance!
Thomas
I bought my Iron Cobra DP in 2001, so I don't know how much has changed. However, I bought it, not because I own Tama drums, but because I tested it against an Eliminator, a really good Yamaha pedal and a DW, and I really liked the feel of the IC.

Frankly, I wouldn't have regretted getting the others though. They are all great pedals... they just wouldn't have matched my drums and other hardware (I use a DW seat, though)