DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 05-12-2008, 06:00 PM
Silver Member

Default New Custom Snare + sunshine!

Hey peeps so this is my Animal Custom Drums 13x5 Birch snare. 13x5 is a size I can really recommend if you fancy something a little different, it's sensitive, small but versatile. Came about a month and a bit ago. Loving it so far, It's my second snare and will be my funky main or Poppy Side snare. The shell itself is a Centimeter thick so it's loud and high pitched which is a nice complementing contrast to my 14x6.5 Hammered Bronze BP.

Sorry to babble but I went to Animal asking for a side snare for rock that will be heard in a stinky unmiced pub and after a good 10 or so emails (Carl's customer service is really amazing and it's him the maker that makes the snare so special to me) this was the results! Consider ADC recommended to any UK drummer who cant afford Noonan!

Anyways pics!

I went for a simple (and cheap!) finish, I'm feeling the natural wood thing right now

10mm Birch Shell

Team Driver

Cheers for looking guys I know it's not a spangley uber custom job but it has a nice simplicity too it right?
Old 05-12-2008, 06:01 PM
Mediocrefunkybeat

Default Re: New Custom Snare + sunshine!

Very nice indeed. I do like the look of the bare shell. I used to know Gary Noonan and his gear WAS very expensive (but exceptional) - you've probably taken a wise decision there; it looks like a really great little snare actually.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:28 PM
Pioneer Member

Awesome snares man, Very nice contrast too, I Love that bronze.

Christian Drummers Army
Playing Weapons of Mass Percussion
Old 05-12-2008, 10:00 PM
KARL MEMBER

Yeah, looks great and simple, I like natural finishes!
Is that a wax finish?
I`d also like to get drums built...much more individual in my opinion.

Btw, how is that Black Panther?

Karl

Drummerworld Myspace.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:53 PM
Platinum Member

That natural finish looks great and the lugs are beautiful. Is it just me or does it look like the Animal logo is coming off?

Old 05-13-2008, 12:45 AM
Silver Member

Thanks for the comments!

IC, the badge is slightly raised at either end which makes the badge kinda pop I think it's supposed to be like that. Never really questioned it over the last few days. It doesn't bother me if its wrong (as odd as that sounds) but I have emailed ADC too see whats up.

Drummer Karl your right the finish is wax, The BP is an incredible snare. I have owned it for about 3 years now and have finally got the tuning skills to really let it shine. Bronze itself is very diffrernt from any steel or brass metal snare I have played it's much darker than your would think for metal. Also the hammering actually makes a massive difference to the sound it's not for just for show. The shell is uneven so the sound is warmer. I can get tons of body and warmth and still keep the cutting and loud (if you want it to be loud) tone from it. Really great and bridges the gap between wood and metal in my eyes. I have never used it for jazz but it's dark, sensitive and has a really nice pop with the batter medium and reso high.

Last edited by driver; 05-13-2008 at 12:58 AM.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:19 PM
Platinum Member

I'm sure these two compliment each other very well. Getting something made unique to you is always great, and like you said, it's beautiful in its simplicity.