DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 05-02-2008, 01:23 AM

Default Do Axis pedals come with cases?

I know this is a relatively silly question, but my hardware bag is full and I rely on my IronCobra plasitic case to keep my pedal protected.

Thinking about an Axis single and want to make sure I buy a case that fits if it does not come with.

Thanks all.

EC
Old 05-02-2008, 01:48 AM

Default Re: Do Axis pedals come with cases?

Axis pedals do not come with cases. They do offer a grossly overpriced case ($80 or so).

I made my own pedal case for my Axis double pedal out of a square 6.5x14 protection racket snare case. Saved me some cash but also required some thinking and labor to construct:

1) fashion a wood/plastic/metal divider to split the case diagonally
2) lightly scuff the surfaces around the divider with sand paper, scotch brite, etc.
3) epoxy the divider into the case. I used JB stick weld, a 2pt. putty that can be mixed and shaped by hand. Can be found at any automotive parts store.
4) allow for drying time.
5) line the case with foam if desired.

* I mainly use my case for two single pedals for double kick. When I have to scale back to single bass, everything still fits but its tight. I'd advise incorporating some sort of holder for the drive shaft and/or beaters ( I usually keep mine in my stick bag) into the underside of the lid ( velcro or some other type of tie down mechanism)

total cost was around $50
Old 05-02-2008, 02:20 AM

You can also get a cheap case designed for pistols. They come with foam and you can cut the foam to fit your pedals, plus the beaters and drive shaft will also be protected. I use the same type for microphones as well. You can pick these up for about $15-$25.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:05 PM

I bought the case when i got my axis pedals. it was an extra 40 ($80) but it well worth it tbh.

The case is solid as a rock, nd has little lumps on the middle which hold the pedals tight in the case, as well as a strap.

the best part is, they have a "X" section underneath, inwhich the beaters nd Bar sit neatly under the pedals.