DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Old 04-23-2008, 04:52 PM
Platinum Member

Default Clutch!

The wife and I went to see Clutch last night. It was fantastic. The first time we seen them was five years ago when she was three months pregnant. This time she got to stand by the stage with me and we got all squished and stuff. I think they were even better this time than the last time they played. They played many of their older songs. I wish it would have never ended. We picked up a couple shirts and I got a CD by an instrumental group called The Bakerton Group, which features four members of Clutch. I'll be listening to it today. Jean-Paul Gaster had a Gretsch kit with Meinl cymbals. Great sound. :)

The opening band was from Sweden and they are called Kamchatka. They were pretty good. Parts of their songs were really really tight, but others were a little too jam bandy for me. Their bassist has an absolutely killer voice. Drummer was using Meinl cymbals.

The second band was the Robert Walter Trio featuring Stanton Moore and Robert Mercurio. That group was really great. It was the first time I've seen Stanton Moore and I have to say he is amazing. I was close enough to see everything he was doing. Can't wait to see him again.

Following the show we went and seen The Rebirth Brass band. Also cool.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:58 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Clutch!

I love Clutch, saw them 2 or 3 years ago in London supporting CKY. Fantastic! Jean-Paul is a great rock groover I take a lot from his playing into my own. Didn't know anything about The Bakerton Group I'll check them out cheers.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:50 PM

Clutch never dissapoints live. Last time I saw them I was not a drummer yet... I would definitely like to see them again with my new perspective.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:33 AM
Platinum Member

The Bakerton Group is pretty great. There are a couple instrumental tracks on the regular Clutch albums, and that is basically what the Bakerton Group is. They played a couple of their songs at the show last night.