DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-14-2008, 04:34 AM
bojangleman's Avatar
bojangleman bojangleman is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,840
Default New set!!! new set!!! new Set!!!!!

sorry, im super excited!!!!!

my Brand new...
Yamaha Tour Custom Moto X!!!!

24x17 kick
12x9 rack
16x16 floor
14x6 snare

i went to guitar center and got it for $670!!

the pics and audio do not do the kit justice...my camera sucks..and this is the best i can get ya untill my bro's girl comes over(she's a photographer)

http://media.putfile.com/solo-on-my-new-Yamahas

aight on to the pics and audio....
Name:  New Drumset1.jpg
Views: 976
Size:  376.5 KB

Name:  New Drumset2.jpg
Views: 991
Size:  382.7 KB
i just took this one to show the reflection on the set!!!
Name:  New Drumset3.jpg
Views: 947
Size:  331.3 KB

Name:  New Drumset!!.jpg
Views: 950
Size:  382.3 KB

aight guys....do not bash my playing..haha
i was in the city the whole day..i got home at 8 pm....and i wanted to get audio up for you guys and i just jumped on it and recorded...no practice what so ever....
its very very sloppy...i just tried to let you hear each drum and the over all sound of the kit...
ENJOY!!!

http://media.putfile.com/solo-on-my-new-Yamahas

Alex
__________________
Band:
http://www.myspace.com/springloadedcomeback
Add Us!
CHRISTIAN DRUMMERS ARMY

Last edited by bojangleman; 04-14-2008 at 05:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-14-2008, 04:35 AM
bojangleman's Avatar
bojangleman bojangleman is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,840
Default Re: New set!!! new set!!! new Set!!!!!

oh ya....forgot to ask..
you got any suggestions for heads?

Alex
__________________
Band:
http://www.myspace.com/springloadedcomeback
Add Us!
CHRISTIAN DRUMMERS ARMY
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-14-2008, 04:44 AM
Class A Drummer's Avatar
Class A Drummer Class A Drummer is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,218
Default Re: New set!!! new set!!! new Set!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojangleman View Post
oh ya....forgot to ask..
you got any suggestions for heads?

Alex
Well, what kind of sound are you looking for? You really cant go wrong with Ambassadors.
__________________
"If they tell you no pain no gain... shoot them." -Jim Chapin
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-14-2008, 04:45 AM
bojangleman's Avatar
bojangleman bojangleman is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,840
Default Re: New set!!! new set!!! new Set!!!!!

nice open,warm sound..2 ply...i play rock/metal...something that complements the maple nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Class A Drummer View Post
Well, what kind of sound are you looking for? You really cant go wrong with Ambassadors.
Alex
__________________
Band:
http://www.myspace.com/springloadedcomeback
Add Us!
CHRISTIAN DRUMMERS ARMY
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-14-2008, 05:19 AM
Trip McNealy's Avatar
Trip McNealy Trip McNealy is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 681
Default Re: New set!!! new set!!! new Set!!!!!

My local GC has that kit too.. I'm a big Yamaha guy (well Mapex now too) but good luck with it.. It looks sharp and it's loud!
__________________
I've been drumming for 35 years. I'm 34 years old.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-14-2008, 05:35 AM
stasz's Avatar
stasz stasz is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Illinois, US
Posts: 2,187
Default Re: New set!!! new set!!! new Set!!!!!

Sweet new tubs!!! The tour customs are great. My church drummer plays them and they sound very nice.

For batter heads I would recommend emperors on toms and snare for a fat sound, or Evans G2s. You could also use an ambassador on the snare. There are a number of bass drum choices. Evans EMAD and Remo powersonics are designed for that thump sound "out-of-the-box". They come predampened, but you could also look into a combination of a head like the Evans Eq3/4 or remo powerstroke 3 and some sort of internal muffling. There's also the option of cutting a hole in the resonant head if it is to your benefit (adjusting internal mics and/or muffling) although it's not totally necessary. My constant source on tuning and heads: http://home.earthlink.net/~prof.sound/
__________________
"If you think you're more important than the drums, you've got another thing coming." -Tony Williams
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-14-2008, 05:45 AM
bojangleman's Avatar
bojangleman bojangleman is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,840
Default Re: New set!!! new set!!! new Set!!!!!

thanks a bunch man! they sound wonderfull...i am soo excited!

i was thinking about the G2's...i have EC2's on now, but i just transferred them from my CB kit...they sounded alright on that kit, but they sound like they are holding back on my yammy!

actually the bass and snare sound really good...the front hole is already ported with a sound ring around it!
also on the bass,i was thinkin a EQ4 or a SKII...
thanks for the reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by youenjoy00myself View Post
Sweet new tubs!!! The tour customs are great. My church drummer plays them and they sound very nice.

For batter heads I would recommend emperors on toms and snare for a fat sound, or Evans G2s. You could also use an ambassador on the snare. There are a number of bass drum choices. Evans EMAD and Remo powersonics are designed for that thump sound "out-of-the-box". They come predampened, but you could also look into a combination of a head like the Evans Eq3/4 or remo powerstroke 3 and some sort of internal muffling. There's also the option of cutting a hole in the resonant head if it is to your benefit (adjusting internal mics and/or muffling) although it's not totally necessary. My constant source on tuning and heads: http://home.earthlink.net/~prof.sound/
Alex
__________________
Band:
http://www.myspace.com/springloadedcomeback
Add Us!
CHRISTIAN DRUMMERS ARMY
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-14-2008, 06:22 AM
aydee aydee is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,293
Default Re: New set!!! new set!!! new Set!!!!!

Very Cool, Bojangleman! I love the racing stripes...are they metallic?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-14-2008, 06:58 PM
SOGdrummer's Avatar
SOGdrummer SOGdrummer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Royersford, Pennsylvania
Posts: 252
Default Re: New set!!! new set!!! new Set!!!!!

Very Nice, another set of Yammies! I wasn't sure about the stripes, but they look great.
Hope you enjoy them for a very long time!

Jack
__________________
Vintage Zildjian, Sabian, Yamaha Oak Customs, Anton Fig Snare

Christian Drummers Army
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-15-2008, 02:05 AM
bojangleman's Avatar
bojangleman bojangleman is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,840
Default Re: New set!!! new set!!! new Set!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGdrummer View Post
Very Nice, another set of Yammies! I wasn't sure about the stripes, but they look great.
Hope you enjoy them for a very long time!

Jack
thanks Jack! they look soo much better in person...i couldnt be happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydee View Post
Very Cool, Bojangleman! I love the racing stripes...are they metallic?
aydee...im not sure what you mean by metallic...its all a wrap....
im confused..haha

Alex
__________________
Band:
http://www.myspace.com/springloadedcomeback
Add Us!
CHRISTIAN DRUMMERS ARMY
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-15-2008, 02:10 AM
Ironcobra's Avatar
Ironcobra Ironcobra is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,209
Default Re: New set!!! new set!!! new Set!!!!!

Looks great, once I start doing a lot of gigging, I will buy this, for some reason it just looks like a gig kit.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-15-2008, 02:17 AM
bojangleman's Avatar
bojangleman bojangleman is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,840
Default Re: New set!!! new set!!! new Set!!!!!

haha...that is alot of the same thing i thought...but it'll be my home kit unless my band starts gigging.
old red(my CB kit) will be my gigging kit...like country or jazz gigs! :D
ill let it take all the abuse...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcobra View Post
Looks great, once I start doing a lot of gigging, I will buy this, for some reason it just looks like a gig kit.
Alex
__________________
Band:
http://www.myspace.com/springloadedcomeback
Add Us!
CHRISTIAN DRUMMERS ARMY
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-15-2008, 07:47 AM
frank0072's Avatar
frank0072 frank0072 is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,169
Default Re: New set!!! new set!!! new Set!!!!!

Great set man, I really love those stripes. Looks classy.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-15-2008, 10:52 PM
bojangleman's Avatar
bojangleman bojangleman is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,840
Default Re: New set!!! new set!!! new Set!!!!!

thanks man! i really love the stripes also!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank0072 View Post
Great set man, I really love those stripes. Looks classy.
Alex
__________________
Band:
http://www.myspace.com/springloadedcomeback
Add Us!
CHRISTIAN DRUMMERS ARMY
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-15-2008, 11:16 PM
zambizzi's Avatar
zambizzi zambizzi is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Big Bad Boise
Posts: 4,047
Default Re: New set!!! new set!!! new Set!!!!!

Wow! VERY cool and unique, love it.

As for heads - anything but those EC2s, yeeech!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-16-2008, 02:01 AM
golions's Avatar
golions golions is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 265
Default Re: New set!!! new set!!! new Set!!!!!

Cool looking kit, Bo. I'll bet that bass drum is a killer. Try clear or coated G2's on the toms ....
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-16-2008, 02:19 AM
mikei mikei is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Lancaster CA
Posts: 1,298
Default Re: New set!!! new set!!! new Set!!!!!

Very cool!!

Congrats on the great kit!!! Big bass drums rule!!!
__________________
Do you have length and girth? I do! 18 x 26 at your service.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-16-2008, 03:59 AM
bojangleman's Avatar
bojangleman bojangleman is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,840
Default Re: New set!!! new set!!! new Set!!!!!

haha...actually, the EC2's sounded really good on my old CB...but not so much on this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambizzi View Post
Wow! VERY cool and unique, love it.

As for heads - anything but those EC2s, yeeech!
i was thinking the G2's would sound good..but i didnt know....and yes, the bass is a monster..haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by golions View Post
Cool looking kit, Bo. I'll bet that bass drum is a killer. Try clear or coated G2's on the toms ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikei View Post
Very cool!!

Congrats on the great kit!!! Big bass drums rule!!!
i love the big kick...i though i wanted a 24x20...although it would look cool, this 24x17 is my idealy sound...

Alex
__________________
Band:
http://www.myspace.com/springloadedcomeback
Add Us!
CHRISTIAN DRUMMERS ARMY
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-19-2008, 10:10 AM
BrokenGlass's Avatar
BrokenGlass BrokenGlass is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 356
Default Re: New set!!! new set!!! new Set!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambizzi View Post
Wow! VERY cool and unique, love it.

As for heads - anything but those EC2s, yeeech!

i laughed inside a little bit when I read this.

ec2s are great heads. Name a clear two ply head that sounds better?

If you aren't happy with the ec2s i'd suggest going with the g2s. I went form g2 to ec2 on my kit. It's two different sounds.

For the bass drum I have and always will recommend the emad or emad2 bass head. I've sworn by them since they came out.



btw. Glad to see you got your new kit. Very good choice. I'm going with a 24 inch bass on my next kit. Of course mine is going to be a little deeper....say.....22 inches. :)
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-20-2008, 01:16 AM
bojangleman's Avatar
bojangleman bojangleman is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,840
Default Re: New set!!! new set!!! new Set!!!!!

haha...oh you hush bout your 22 inch deep kick....:p
im gonna try the G2's. if i dont like them, ill go back with the EC2's...they just sound like they are choking the Maple drums..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenGlass View Post
i laughed inside a little bit when I read this.

ec2s are great heads. Name a clear two ply head that sounds better?

If you aren't happy with the ec2s i'd suggest going with the g2s. I went form g2 to ec2 on my kit. It's two different sounds.

For the bass drum I have and always will recommend the emad or emad2 bass head. I've sworn by them since they came out.



btw. Glad to see you got your new kit. Very good choice. I'm going with a 24 inch bass on my next kit. Of course mine is going to be a little deeper....say.....22 inches. :)
Alex
__________________
Band:
http://www.myspace.com/springloadedcomeback
Add Us!
CHRISTIAN DRUMMERS ARMY
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-20-2008, 06:52 AM
stickers stickers is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Lowell, MA
Posts: 237
Default Re: New set!!! new set!!! new Set!!!!!

$670 is a monster deal. Nice find!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-20-2008, 06:58 AM
BrokenGlass's Avatar
BrokenGlass BrokenGlass is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 356
Default Re: New set!!! new set!!! new Set!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojangleman View Post
haha...oh you hush bout your 22 inch deep kick....:p
im gonna try the G2's. if i dont like them, ill go back with the EC2's...they just sound like they are choking the Maple drums..



Alex


thats funny, i had the exact opposite problem with my maple drums.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com