DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 04-10-2008, 11:27 PM

Default E-kits

Right, I gotta DTXpress iii

Done some research, and i can get it conneted to my PC with a UX16 cable.

If I do that, what else would I neeed to do to put videos of me playing on youtube?

What programme would I need and should I install these Yamaha Drivers I just downloaded?

Old 04-12-2008, 10:17 AM

Default Re: E-kits

They way I'd film my self playing on my roland td6 if i wanted would be do this:

connect the ekit to the computer (with the cable you describe) (mine is different, but then that is because i dont have a dtxpress iii)

record the sounds to the computer using a program like cool edit pro or a free sound wave editor program (search download dot com)

film your self with a real camera

copy the video to the computer, and edit the video and sound into a single video file with sound. use a program like adobe premier (which is expensive and complicated for beginnner users, or search download dot com for a free and simple video editing program).

after editing the video into a single movie which has the audio from the ekit, and the video form the digital camera (this will be the high quality audio of the samples from the ekit and the video from the camera), you need to then export/save as a movie/create avi or likewise. Different programs call it different things. Basically most movie programs will have two options, namely, save the project (which is the editing that you have done in the program), and save the project as an actual movie file (this is what you want). This second option, which you want, is called most often something along the lines of "export video".

uploading to youtube is simple, just register yourself an account. then click the upload button.

fill in the details of the video. click next, browse to find your video file and upload it.

let it uplaod (may take a long time), then it will appear on youtube within the next day or less.

hopefully that helps.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:06 PM

Default Re: E-kits

OK, thanks. Would audacity do the trick for the software?