DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Heads and Sticks

Heads and Sticks Discuss Heads and Sticks

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-08-2008, 10:44 PM
B.C. B.C. is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 62
Default Aquarian heads

ok so I just ordered aquarian response ll 's for my toms (clear) superckick ll for my bass (clear) and High energy for my snare. Did I go wrong, and does anyone have any sound bites with these heads
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-08-2008, 10:52 PM
greenshirt77
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Aquarian heads

Some good info/comments/opinions in this thread.
http://drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34091
It's all relative in terms of exactly what you'll like best, depending on the sound you want.
My first exp with Aquarians is with what I've got now- Superkick I on the kick, Studio-X on the toms, and a Focus-X on the snare- so unfortunately, I can't offer any thoughts on the heads you ordered. So far, I am very happy with the Aquarians I'm using.
I would stick with trying what you ordered, and if they don't do it for you, switch them up.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-08-2008, 11:05 PM
2bsticks's Avatar
2bsticks 2bsticks is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Waltham Ma
Posts: 921
Default Re: Aquarian heads

I used a sk2 on a Pearl Masters MMX 18x22 bass and it was great, same head on my 16x22 Yamaha Maple Maple Absolutes and i hated it. On my backup kit i use the sk1 on the 16x20 bass and it's very good,on this kit I also use Aquarian coated single ply satin finish heads they're OK, next time I do a head change I will go with remo ambassador coated.

It's all up to your ears, tuning and shells IMHO
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-09-2008, 12:14 AM
masonni's Avatar
masonni masonni is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Hollywood, CA
Posts: 1,329
Default Re: Aquarian heads

My current setup has the new Super-2's w/ Power Dot on all the Toms. Personaly I liked them better with Studio-X rings, but when you are on the road you need a head that will last more than 2 or 3 nights, hence the Dot.
My Kick has a Full Force batter on it (like a Powerstroke 3) I did use the SKI and SKII in the past, but it was too much muffel for my taiste.
My Snare is fit with a Coated Single Ply head with Power Dot. Like a Remo CS. I just like the sound. I sometimes use the Hi Energy Snare heads, they record so nice!!!
__________________
nickmason.org
facebook
Twitter
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-09-2008, 04:44 PM
Mendozart's Avatar
Mendozart Mendozart is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: So. Cal
Posts: 1,338
Default Re: Aquarian heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonni View Post
My current setup has the new Super-2's w/ Power Dot on all the Toms. Personaly I liked them better with Studio-X rings, but when you are on the road you need a head that will last more than 2 or 3 nights, hence the Dot.
My Kick has a Full Force batter on it (like a Powerstroke 3) I did use the SKI and SKII in the past, but it was too much muffel for my taiste.
My Snare is fit with a Coated Single Ply head with Power Dot. Like a Remo CS. I just like the sound. I sometimes use the Hi Energy Snare heads, they record so nice!!!
Hey Nick,
Can you give some details on the Full Force? I use SKI's & SKII's on my different bass drums, but I really want to try a Full Force next. How similar is it to the PS3? I personally don't like the PS3 that much , so if the Full Force is pretty much the same, I'll pass.
__________________
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

Jenkins-Martin, Blaemire, & Ludwig drums
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-09-2008, 09:11 PM
B.C. B.C. is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 62
Default Re: Aquarian heads

can someone post some sound clips of an aquarian response ll super kick ll of a high energy snare!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-11-2008, 09:02 PM
masonni's Avatar
masonni masonni is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Hollywood, CA
Posts: 1,329
Default Re: Aquarian heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendozart View Post
Hey Nick,
Can you give some details on the Full Force? I use SKI's & SKII's on my different bass drums, but I really want to try a Full Force next. How similar is it to the PS3? I personally don't like the PS3 that much , so if the Full Force is pretty much the same, I'll pass.
The Full force is exactly the same as a PS3, the ring on the inside just has vent holes punched in it.
__________________
nickmason.org
facebook
Twitter
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-11-2008, 09:03 PM
masonni's Avatar
masonni masonni is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Hollywood, CA
Posts: 1,329
Default Re: Aquarian heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.C. View Post
can someone post some sound clips of an aquarian response ll super kick ll of a high energy snare!
I have done a few recordings the last few months with High Energy snares, however I don't have clips of any of them yet. They are all still in the hands of producers and studios. If any get released to me in the next few weeks I'll let you know.
__________________
nickmason.org
facebook
Twitter
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-11-2008, 11:29 PM
Mendozart's Avatar
Mendozart Mendozart is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: So. Cal
Posts: 1,338
Default Re: Aquarian heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonni View Post
The Full force is exactly the same as a PS3, the ring on the inside just has vent holes punched in it.
So it's not exactly the same then, since it has holes punched in the ring. I'm sure you've tried a PS3, what differences do you HEAR between a Full Force and a PS3? I recently put an SKI on a 3-ply Ludiwig, but put the Full Force II reso head on. It sounds great, but I think I'm going to try a Full Force batter on it. The reason I want to try this, is I think the SK's sound great, but tend to lose some volume.
__________________
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

Jenkins-Martin, Blaemire, & Ludwig drums
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com