DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-05-2008, 02:54 PM
Dave from Perth's Avatar
Dave from Perth Dave from Perth is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 184
Default My Snare Drums

I'm a bit of a luddite, so forgive me if this doesn't work. I hope there's an image of three snare drums from my collection below.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-05-2008, 03:15 PM
Dave from Perth's Avatar
Dave from Perth Dave from Perth is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 184
Default Re: My Snare Drums

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-05-2008, 03:40 PM
Green_Shoes's Avatar
Green_Shoes Green_Shoes is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 437
Default Re: My Snare Drums

Wow, nice. Must of cost a pretty penny. How long did it take you buy all three snares?
Also, do you mind posting the size etc please?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-05-2008, 04:00 PM
Drummer Karl's Avatar
Drummer Karl Drummer Karl is offline
KARL MEMBER
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,099
Default Re: My Snare Drums

Wow, how lovely!
Can you give us the specs for those? What shell construction, wood etc?
Very nice pic, very beautiful snare drums!

Karl
__________________
Myspace.

Drummerworld Myspace.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-05-2008, 05:31 PM
Drumsword's Avatar
Drumsword Drumsword is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,381
Default Re: My Snare Drums

Sweeeet, impressive. Nice collection What year was the Brady made, I see it has the older badge.
__________________
http://www.myspace.com/peteholman1

Christian Drummers Army
Playing Weapons of Mass Percussion
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-05-2008, 05:55 PM
Chonson's Avatar
Chonson Chonson is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 472
Default Re: My Snare Drums

What is the finish/wood on the darker DW snare? It's incredible.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-05-2008, 06:52 PM
matei_the_drummer's Avatar
matei_the_drummer matei_the_drummer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Kent,England
Posts: 72
Default Re: My Snare Drums

Ditto what Chonson said!!!!!!Those snare are B-E-Autifull!
__________________
My Kit
http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=33077

Sonor Zildjian Remo Vic Firth
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-05-2008, 07:15 PM
stasz's Avatar
stasz stasz is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Illinois, US
Posts: 2,187
Default Re: My Snare Drums

Beautiful looking snare drums, and what a nice picture. Specs specs specs!!!
__________________
"If you think you're more important than the drums, you've got another thing coming." -Tony Williams
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-05-2008, 08:01 PM
MaxG MaxG is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bremen, Germany
Posts: 80
Default Re: My Snare Drums

Great snares! I owned two of them, the 13x5 Craviotto and the Brady Jarrah Ply 14x5,5. The DW must be a 14x6 10+6. Am I right?

cheers
max
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-05-2008, 08:23 PM
drumbandit's Avatar
drumbandit drumbandit is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: LONDON, ENGLAND
Posts: 801
Default Re: My Snare Drums

The snare in the middle has the nicest finish ever. Genuinely one of the best looking snares I've seen.

Tom
__________________
Hayman drums, K customs, Brady snares. My Band - http://www.myspace.com/theblackheartsengland
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-06-2008, 10:08 AM
Dave from Perth's Avatar
Dave from Perth Dave from Perth is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 184
Default Re: My Snare Drums

Hey, thanks for all those positive comments. I was concentrating so much on uploading the images I forgot to list the specs. Here they are:

(Left to Right)

Drum Workshop Craviotto 13 x 5 mono maple finished in satin oil with gold hardware, made in 1997;

Drum Workshop 14 x 6 10+6 maple finished in Exotics Vavona Redwood Burl (1 of 130 kits made), made in 2006;

Brady 14 x 5.5 Jarrah Ply finished in Red Cherry Stain, made in 1995, I think...

Max G, man you know your drums!! Yes, 100% recognition score!

Drumsword, yes, it's an older Brady made when Bill F was on the scene. When I ordered the drum from the factory, I also met Chris who was working on a solid shell model, so it must have been early on in that chapter of Brady Drum History. I'm not certain of the year but '95 is close.

The Brady is unbelievable and has served me without fault since delivery. It is in original condition. The dw/Craviotto is also great and suits a range of playing situations. I use these 2 drums as my regular working drums, swapping between them depending on the venue.

The vavona burl is part of a collection of limited edition dw snare drums I have put together. Thanks again guys.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-06-2008, 05:10 PM
rmandelbaum's Avatar
rmandelbaum rmandelbaum is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Austin, TX USA
Posts: 2,020
Default Re: My Snare Drums

Great stuff!

Very nice, I too am a fellow snare addict ;-)
__________________
DW Collectors
Vintage Superstars
Roland TD-20
Misc. Snares
My Web Site
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Maytridy's Avatar
Maytridy Maytridy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 236
Default Re: My Snare Drums

Wow....those are beautiful.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-06-2008, 08:14 PM
radeq's Avatar
radeq radeq is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Slovak Republic
Posts: 1,031
Default Re: My Snare Drums

amazing!!!! its only aprt of collection? or the top fo the collection :)
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-06-2008, 10:34 PM
DrumGod's Avatar
DrumGod DrumGod is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Dublin
Posts: 268
Default Re: My Snare Drums

Great i just got drool on my laptop thanks!!!
__________________
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-07-2008, 08:05 AM
katman's Avatar
katman katman is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 574
Default Re: My Snare Drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave from Perth View Post
The vavona burl is part of a collection of limited edition dw snare drums I have put together.
Are you saying there's more? If so, let us see them. Please.

Great snares. I really like the Brady, but I'd settle for any one. Or two.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-07-2008, 06:06 PM
Mendozart's Avatar
Mendozart Mendozart is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: So. Cal
Posts: 1,338
Default Re: My Snare Drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave from Perth View Post
The Brady is unbelievable and has served me without fault since delivery. It is in original condition. The dw/Craviotto is also great and suits a range of playing situations. I use these 2 drums as my regular working drums, swapping between them depending on the venue.
That is a very nice spread of snares there. Can you give me an example of which drum you would choose per venue, and why you would go with that certain drum?
__________________
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

Jenkins-Martin, Blaemire, & Ludwig drums
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-08-2008, 02:49 AM
Dave from Perth's Avatar
Dave from Perth Dave from Perth is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 184
Default Re: My Snare Drums

Hi Mendozart

Before I answer your question I should begin by saying that the Brady has been (up until only recently) my only snare drum choice. I have used it almost exclusively for over a decade in the bands I have played in - mainly rock and pop cover bands - both amplified, in large pub/club venues, or in "unplugged" smaller gigs and settings. It is a magnificent instrument and remains my first choice.

I have only been using the dw Craviotto for the past couple of years. I started playing some jazz and swing numbers in a small outfit, always in small venues for short gigs. The 13 x 5 is "poppier" than the Brady. It also suits the smaller drum kit configuration I use (and the music we play) at these gigs.

Having said that, I know the Brady is versatile enough to work well in the jazz setting. I also know the Crav can cut it in the rock context, but I have noticed that I have to lay into it if I want the same volume and attack as the Brady. (I guess that's the jarrah doing its bit...)

They are both very capable snare drums. I think once I pick up a Ludwig supra I'll have covered most bases, but I really think one drum would do it all, more than satisfactorily. I hope this answers your question and thanks for the interest.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-08-2008, 06:05 PM
Mendozart's Avatar
Mendozart Mendozart is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: So. Cal
Posts: 1,338
Default Re: My Snare Drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave from Perth View Post
Hi Mendozart

Before I answer your question I should begin by saying that the Brady has been (up until only recently) my only snare drum choice. I have used it almost exclusively for over a decade in the bands I have played in - mainly rock and pop cover bands - both amplified, in large pub/club venues, or in "unplugged" smaller gigs and settings. It is a magnificent instrument and remains my first choice.

I have only been using the dw Craviotto for the past couple of years. I started playing some jazz and swing numbers in a small outfit, always in small venues for short gigs. The 13 x 5 is "poppier" than the Brady. It also suits the smaller drum kit configuration I use (and the music we play) at these gigs.

Having said that, I know the Brady is versatile enough to work well in the jazz setting. I also know the Crav can cut it in the rock context, but I have noticed that I have to lay into it if I want the same volume and attack as the Brady. (I guess that's the jarrah doing its bit...)

They are both very capable snare drums. I think once I pick up a Ludwig supra I'll have covered most bases, but I really think one drum would do it all, more than satisfactorily. I hope this answers your question and thanks for the interest.
Thanks for your response. I was just curious as to which snare you would use for different applications. As you can see by my avatar, I own a Jarrah Brady also, and I also feel this drum is very versatile. Getting the Supra will be a perfect addition to your collection, with possibly a Black Beauty lurking beyond that.
__________________
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

Jenkins-Martin, Blaemire, & Ludwig drums
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com