DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 04-05-2008, 05:51 AM

Default unable to set up double bass pedal on TD-3 rack....metal piece in the way! FRUSTRATED

I've been putting away the double bass because of my frustrations of just setting it up on my TD-3 rack. I can't get it at a comfortable setting.

The long bar that connects from the main pedal to the slave is constantly grinding and in contact with another metal piece that is part of the rack on my TD-3/V DRUMS. This slows me down immensely and I also assume that I would just be damaging everything. To better explain what I am talking about and exactly what metal piece that is part of the rack...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=72soRCVZqrw

See that metal piece that connects from the stand to the floor, the hypoteneuse? Somehow, he manages to still be able to play but for the love of god, I can't set it up without the pedal moving all around and constantly adjusting it.

Also, in one of his other videos.....the dreaded 'metal piece' is GONE. In fact...it looks like it's....ATTACHED to his double kick pad?!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NjY9-FflTE4

Should I also go to the flea market and buy myself a carpet too?
Old 04-05-2008, 05:55 AM
fourstringdrums

Default Re: unable to set up double bass pedal on TD-3 rack....metal piece in the way! FRUSTR

It looks like in the second video he just took it off. It's not attached to the kick, that's just the support bar that is already on the kick.

My guitar player has a TD-3 and I don't think he has this metal bar, so I'd say just take it off. It just acts an extra support.
Old 04-05-2008, 01:33 PM

Default Re: unable to set up double bass pedal on TD-3 rack....metal piece in the way! FRUSTR

I had a TD-3 set with a double pedal. You may want to try changing the position of your set up some. Instead of having the rack feet facing forward angle them out some more. Instead of (I I), more like (/ \). If you adjust the feet, bring your slave pedal in some (towards you) and then re-position your rack and pads it can work. Atleast it did for me. You could also look into upgrading your rack. I think the one you have is the only one with this issue. If you have the cash all of Rolands racks are available seperate from the kits. Most retailers can order them or check e-bay for a used one.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:22 AM

Hrm. I removed the metal piece and now the TD-3 is wobbling.