DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 02-28-2008, 12:24 AM

Default Yamaha DTXPRESS IV Special?

I am going to try one out I a couple of days. I played a dtxpress III and I hated the cymbals. I don't like the mesh heads on the Vdrums, but the the dtxpress IV Special looks promising. This will be my first electronic kit and the price looks nice. Any suggestions or warnings?
Old 02-28-2008, 03:57 AM
Pioneer Member

Default Re: Yamaha DTXPRESS IV Special?

I plan on purchasing one of these in the next couple months. I've done much research on them and have yet to hear anything bad about them. Some people have even said they are better than the more expensive Roland kits. I think you'll be pleased.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:51 PM

I've recently upgraded my DTX II module with the IV and the improvement in sound quality was incredible. The drums sound really good, and WAY better than the older modules - much fuller sound, even with the preset kits. The preset kits sounded richer than the layered kit I spent ages configuring on my DTX II.

I can't really say much about the cymbal sounds as I use acoustic cymbals on my kit, as I still don't think you can beat a full set of cymbals. Also, as I gig with the DTX, it looks a damn sight better surrounded by bronze.

I reckon with a bit of cunning layering, you could get some decent cymbal sounds out of it, it just depends on what you want the kit for.

Check out my profile HERE for more details of my set-up.

CopperBomb
Old 03-07-2008, 05:06 PM
Mediocrefunkybeat

Two things put me off my old DTXpress II. Those are the sounds on the module and the hi-hat. When I actually get some money, I'm planning on upgrading both of those as it's more than likely that the DTXpress is all I'll be able to play at University. I'm going to have a serious look at these modules.