DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 02-21-2008, 03:31 PM

Default Yamaha DTXPRESS 3

Hi all, sorry if this has been asked any elsewhere in the forum, but due to time constrain, I figured a new thread would be easier to receive some advices. Do you guys think a DTXPRESS 3 would be worth a sum of roughly 600 bucks SGD? If this helps, im thinking of switching my current carlos beginner kit which i bought back then for an E drum which i could practice on on a more regular basis( as i live in a public housing, I feel bad bout making all the noise after certain time of the day). So, just need your general opinions, do you think I should get it? Ill need to decide by tonight hopefully, thanks in advance!
Old 02-21-2008, 03:58 PM

Default Re: Yamaha DTXPRESS 3

I have one, they're great for practicing. The sound isn't bad, I even take them to my guitar player's house to get rough recordings done as well. I bought mine when I lived in an apartment and my son was a newborn, so playing an acoustic kit wasn't an option. I definitely wouldn't recommend them to be your main kit, but you'll definitely get your money's worth for that price. Especially when you get that jones to play and it's midnight . . . you can play. Hope this helped.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:44 PM

Default Re: Yamaha DTXPRESS 3

Hi there, thanks for your reply, for my case, i definitely can only have one kit now, meaning it shall be my main/practice kit for i can't afford a 2nd one, be it space wise of financial wise. One thing i would like to know, does the sound lag at really high speed? Actually my main concern is that it would start lagging eventually as its being worn down.