DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 11-27-2012, 03:28 PM

Default Re: Show us your Premier kits!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Welcome Jack. Any of those kits happen to be a Black Shadow kit?
No sorry, the earliest Is a 202 in blue shimmer 22" kick 13" rack and 14"&16" floors
Old 11-28-2012, 11:07 PM

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL YOU PREMIER FANS!!!!!
The great news is that kits are starting to hit the shores with so much more happening across the pond at the new facility in Leicester. The Los Angeles NAMM show should not be missed if you can make it.
In the mean time I have several awesome kits that need great homes. I did sell the 2011 Genista but still have a brand new 2011 Elite at an unbeatable price due to the fact that it was a NAMM display set.
Please feel free to contact me directly about any new or older Premier drums, parts or hardware. I am here to get Premier back on top.
peter@dancincrowdrums.com

Cheers
Dancincrow
Old 12-01-2012, 10:48 PM

Hi again
I am doing some clearing out to make room for all the New kits coming in though don't panic, I still deal with all the Deleted series, parts, hardware etc too!
If you're interested in ay of the kits shown here then please contact me directly - peter@dancincrowdrums.com.
Just a quick description of what's shown -
2011 Elite in Gold sparkle fade - Direct from the 2011NAMM stand
2011 APK in Red Lacquer - Direct from the 2011NAMM stand
Early 2000 original Genista (Made in England) in Silver Sparkle
Mid 2000 Heritage Kit in Silver Sparkle
I look forward to hearing from y'all.
Dancincrow
Attached Images

Old 12-17-2012, 07:24 AM

Premier Signia Marquis. My drums have seen some road and playing. After a band fall out, I haven't touched them in over 3 years. I just recently pulled them out to document for renters insurance only to find that they don't have serial numbers.

I bought these 10 years ago as a local store wanted to get rid of everything drum related and focus on pianos. My guess is that they were used as a floor piece. I love how loud these drums are.

Over the years I haven't been the biggest fan of the small 10" tom so I always played with the 12" and 14" like a trap kit. With the road, I've lost hardware and gradually sucked the hardware life off my 10" tom.
  1. Any idea on where I can find hardware replacements for this kit these days?
  2. Was wondering if anyone knew the wrap color/type of this drumkit?
Attached Images

Old 12-18-2012, 08:03 AM

Hey guys...just joined! Love the site!

Here's my mid/late 70's Resonator (I think!...can't remember exactly when I bought them!) kit in Natural Maple Lacquer, with chrome Flo-Beam snare and LokFast stands. Those are all the original heads, except for the snare batter. A one-owner kit I bought with my Mom loaning me the money!! hehe.

I'm looking to add a floor tom, so if you have one in this color, shoot me a message.

Thanks for letting me join the list.
Attached Images

Old 12-18-2012, 09:45 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PremierLover View Post

Here's my mid/late 70's Resonator (I think!...can't remember exactly when I bought them!) kit in Natural Maple Lacquer, with chrome Flo-Beam snare and LokFast stands. Those are all the original heads, except for the snare batter. A one-owner kit I bought with my Mom loaning me the money!! hehe.

I'm looking to add a floor tom, so if you have one in this color, shoot me a message.

You've probably noticed that hardware has changed considerably over the years. Flat-based stands are coming into vogue again.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:06 PM
Silver Member

Quote:

I learned to play on a similar kit. I would buy one again in a heartbeat!
Old 12-19-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:

Beautiful Kit , it looks more like an elite or soundwave (resonators have an inner shell so you cant see the back of the fittings inside the shell), VERY envious of the lokfast stands- great timeless design and so easy to set up.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngraham View Post
Beautiful Kit , it looks more like an elite or soundwave (resonators have an inner shell so you cant see the back of the fittings inside the shell), VERY envious of the lokfast stands- great timeless design and so easy to set up.
johngraham...they could very well be elite's (you just jogged my memory a bit) as it was lots of years and beers ago!! LOL Thanks for replying.

Oh, and by the way...I replaced those lovely "Zyn" cymbals that came with every Premier set back in the day...with real , original Avedis Ziljian's....Jeez, they were terrible!

Last edited by PremierLover; 12-28-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:10 PM

I'm lucky enough to have an endorsement deal with Premier
Attached Images

Old 12-22-2012, 03:59 PM
Gold Member

That is a hell of a nice set up Michael Brush, nice job on all the endorsements too. Those Soultone cymbals are gorgeous looking.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:31 PM

It's nice to see all these Premier kits. Here are the ones I currently have.

Early 60's 12,16,20 with 14x4 snare

Late 60's 12,14,16,22, with 14" 2000 snare

Mid 70's 13,16,22, with 14" 2001 snare

Early 60's 12,16,20, with 14" Hi-Fi

Old 01-21-2013, 05:11 AM
Silver Member

Old 01-22-2013, 07:44 PM
Silver Member

Premier Station Alpha
Attached Images

Old 02-03-2013, 03:57 PM

Hi Premier fanatics - greetings from down under....
Man!! There are so many awesome Premier kits below in this topic - I want them all !!!!

I now have a 90's Premier Genista - I found it in a second-hand shop here in Australia a few months ago - 10,12,16 (all rack toms) and 22 bass - no hardware.

Since then some great things have happened thanks to Peter Hopkins (member "dancincrow" on these forums) who is the major distributor for Premier in N America. This guy is awesome - great service and very very helpful. He has helped me complete my kit by getting a matching snare, 14" floor tom and various Premier fittings - can strongly recommend him.

From this:-

Name:  IMG_0497.jpg
Views: 2018
Size:  42.5 KB

To this (yes, I'm a lefty!!):-

Name:  IMG_0012.jpg
Views: 1978
Size:  45.2 KBName:  IMG_0011.jpg
Views: 1979
Size:  54.1 KB
Name:  IMG_0010.jpg
Views: 2305
Size:  57.1 KB

Cheers

Pete
Old 02-12-2013, 06:37 AM

Greetings from another Aussie Premier lover!

I've been a long time Premier fan, ever since the mid 90's when I first played a Premier Signia kit that was the hire kit for a music seminar/workshop weekend (probably '96-'97 at a guess). It was love at first hit.

Some 12 odd years later I picked up a Premier Signia kit of my own, which ironically, had been a hire kit in it's past life. So, it's not in the greatest cosmetic shape, but the shells are straight, and since it's time as a hire kit meant wasn't the prettiest kit going around, the upside was that it went for a good price.

I'm now in the process of stripping the kit right back, painstakingly sanding back the black lacquer of all 7 pieces (22, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 14) and intend to re-finish it in a natural lacquer finish.

In the past couple of months I have also purchase a mint 6 piece Premier XPK, and my new favourite - a 4 piece yellow Premier Artist Birch kit. I consider myself a very lucky man indeed to not only have the Signia's, but a might fine Premier set in birch as well!

I have also previously owned a late 60's 5 piece Premier kit in grey shimmer that I regret selling (should've put the time and effort into restoring it to it's former glory).

Anyway, here's a couple of pic's of the Signia and Artist Birch kits... including one showing the snare shell stripped and sanded back to raw timber, sitting on my workbench next to the kick drum, also stripped of it's hardware. You may also notice my two daughters putting the "yellow peril" Artist Birch kit through it's paces! I'll try to get some better pic's, and try to remember to drop back in with some pictures of the Signia kit once the restoration is complete!

Damien
Attached Images

Last edited by damienh7; 02-12-2013 at 06:53 AM.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:05 AM

Here's my Genista kit. Bought it brand new in 1997. Love it!
Attached Images

Old 03-05-2013, 06:10 AM

Just got my new old Premier Signia kit off of CL. Got the hardware to set up the 16
' floor tom as a jungle kick. 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22x18 base. They sound amazing!
Attached Images

Old 03-24-2013, 06:26 PM

Hey there! I just picked up a Premier APK 4 piece kit for $200. The guy said it was from the 80s but I don't know much about Premier drums. Can anyone help me out in identifying the year range for this, the finish, and what type of shells? Sizes are 22x16, 16x14, 13x11, and 12x10. Thanks in advance for your help!
Attached Images

Old 03-26-2013, 02:04 AM
Silver Member

I doubt it's a very early APK, although it might be possible. The issue I have is the oval tom mount socket, which suggests it's earlier than that and it may be a Royale or a Club which preceded the APK, and the speedboat lugs would seem to confirm that. The finish looks like a transparent black lacquer known as black shadow. Regardless, it looks like a very nice kit and a steal at that price! My daughter has some Royale drums and they sound really good!
Old 03-26-2013, 11:26 AM

Nice kit, you can tell if its a black shadow by looking inside the shells, if you cannot see the back of the fittings (due to the inner resonator liner) and the inside of the shells are also black its a shad, either way it's a damn fine kit for that price
Old 04-17-2013, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancincrow View Post
Hey Guys
here's another from my personal collection. There will be more as I work my way through my garage!!
This is other "pride & joy" besides my UJ kits. It's the Limited Edition Premier 75th Anniversary Edition Signia Maple in Black Lacquer with all Maple hoops & Gold Plated lugs. This one is #75 which is very cool. I could never find out exactly how many were made but I think it was either 75 or 150? If anyone knows for sure I would be grateful for the info.
Thanks for looking.
My Good Lordie...what's that? I had a regular black Signia which looked and sounded great (I had to sell it for money starving...) but this is far beyond anything my poor heart can bear!! Lucky guy!! And also your other kits I see here are very nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael.Brush View Post
I'm lucky enough to have an endorsement deal with Premier
Gorgeous kit indeed!!!! Stunning color!!!! If I close my eyes I can hear its sound...he...he..

Last edited by Bernhard; 05-08-2013 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Edited by Arky: merging consecutive posts
Old 05-08-2013, 10:00 AM

Hi guys,

I wanted to refurbish my genista drumset so I started removing the hardware and I discovered broken parts inside tom lugs (plastic parts) and a stuck/broken screw in a snare lug. Do you think it is possible to find those parts (see photo) ? I believe the snare is a 2001.

English is not my mother tongue so it's hard to find the exact words to describe those parts. I hope I express myself correctly :/

I want my drum kit back :(

Last edited by ber404; 05-08-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:37 PM
Silver Member

The snare is a 2000, parallel action with chrome over alloy shell (or steel for the later models). Great little drum, had one myself for a number of years. The other pic shows a snare lug with the plastic part. Is it for the tom or the snare that you need the parts. There are a number of premier breakers and refurbishers here in the UK that might be able to help if you can clarify.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:48 AM

Great thread! Lots of cool kits! This is my Nicko McBrain monochrome Eddie replica kit from Iron Maiden's 'Give em Ed til I'm dead tour'.
I'd like to thank Peter at Dancincrow drums for making this happen. He has been instrumental—ha ha, in making this happen for me. He has helped me with everyone of my needs. I can say that anyone out there in cyberspace reading this, Peter is the Premier man. Great service and prices and he can get it done. I love my kit, thanks Peter!

Sorry for all the pics, its kinda hard to get this rascal all in one shot —LOL!

Old 06-10-2013, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregj410 View Post
Great thread! Lots of cool kits! This is my Nicko McBrain monochrome Eddie replica kit from Iron Maiden's 'Give em Ed til I'm dead tour'.
I'd like to thank Peter at Dancincrow drums for making this happen. He has been instrumental—ha ha, in making this happen for me. He has helped me with everyone of my needs. I can say that anyone out there in cyberspace reading this, Peter is the Premier man. Great service and prices and he can get it done. I love my kit, thanks Peter!
Oh my god, you have no idea how jealous this makes me right now... fantastic kit!! That must be an absolute blast to play. Do you know if they're offering them in any other finishes? I heard there were going to be more in this series but yours is the first I've actually seen pictures of outside NAMM and other trade shows!
Old 06-10-2013, 10:58 PM

Quote:
man! that thing is upwards of 5 and a half Gs and is an absolute beast!
Old 06-10-2013, 10:59 PM

All those toms.... It makes me salivate!
Old 06-10-2013, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumhedd View Post
Oh my god, you have no idea how jealous this makes me right now... fantastic kit!! That must be an absolute blast to play. Do you know if they're offering them in any other finishes? I heard there were going to be more in this series but yours is the first I've actually seen pictures of outside NAMM and other trade shows!
Hi there & to all you Premier fanatics!!
Glad you all like Greg's kit, it took a while to get everything together for him but he's now a VERY lucky man having 1 of only 10 of these Replica kits. There are 5 other Designs available for "Special Order" which is a 90 day process. However, there are 2 of this one still available to me here in the US.
I pride myself on Customer service so I will do everything I can to get you whatever it is you need. I also carry a large inventory of deleted series parts such as Signia, Genista, Gen X, Artist etc. as well as Orphan drums & kits. You can email me direct from here or find all my contact info on the Official Premier website. I also have just started a Facebook page under - Dancincrow Drums.
I look forward to assisting in any way I can.
Cheers
Dancincrow

(714) 981.5460
Old 06-10-2013, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinetti60 View Post
My Good Lordie...what's that? I had a regular black Signia which looked and sounded great (I had to sell it for money starving...) but this is far beyond anything my poor heart can bear!! Lucky guy!! And also your other kits I see here are very nice.

Gorgeous kit indeed!!!! Stunning color!!!! If I close my eyes I can hear its sound...he...he..
Thanks guys .......... there's nothing better on the planet than a Signia!!! Though the Elite kits are pretty darn close.
Let me know if you need anything, I would be happy to help you with parts or anything else Premier that you're looking for.
Cheers
Dancincrow

(714) 981.5460
Old 06-10-2013, 11:48 PM

Hi again
Just in case there are any Premier owners out there that haven't read any of my posts I just though I would butt in again to let you all know that I am still the ONLY source for deleted series parts such as Signia, original Genista, Gen X, Artist etc. I don't carry much in the way of real Vintage stuff but have plenty of contacts that do. I also have full access to any New products from the current line.
I know that in the past many of you have had bad experiences with getting stuff so that's where I come in. My main focus is giving the best Customer Service possible without leaving you in the lurch.
I do not maintain a Website for several reasons so it's just best that you contact me directly with a list of what you may be looking for. Photo's are always helpful as some people call things different than what I may do so I want to make sure you get the correct part, Orphan drum, Hardware or kit.
FYI ......... as of the 26th of this month (June) I will, however, be out of action for a couple weeks or so due to major surgery but I will still be checking my emails & responding when I can .......... Premier business never stops!!!!!
Thanks to all of you that continue to support Premier now that they are back here in the US. Please feel free to contact me.
Cheers
Dancincrow
(714) 981.5460
Old 06-11-2013, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumhedd View Post
Yeah........sometimes I have to pinch myself when I'm up there :-) Playing these massive toms gives me a new appreciation for Nickos strength and skills.

Here are the other finishes from the 2013 Premier cat. The Final frontier, Dance of Death, A matter of life and death, Somewhere back in time, Eddie rips up the world and Give me Ed til I'm dead(assuming they will make 10 more of these)

I really like the somewhere back in time kit and then the final frontier would be my second choice. I don't think I'd ever be lucky enough to own two of these behemoth's but that somewhere back in time kit is really cool!

Anyone interested, contact Peter and he can get it done for the BEST price! Absolutely fantastic service. Thanks again Peter! Reading the replies to my post makes me realize how blessed I am to own this kit.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:05 PM

For anyone in the UK wondering about the Nicko replica kits they, as you might expect, are on the pricey side.

I enquired last year and it was just shy of £10,000, which ties in with what Nicko said at a drum clinic, 'See this snare, cost you £10,000 and you get all the other drums thrown in for free!'. The price includes the shell pack (all maple with low mass lugs and super hoops, remo heads), the tom & snare stands (but not the cymbal stands or pedals) and obviously not the cymbals. Turn around time was about 3 months.

If you want a smaller version unfortunately they don't do this, it's the full 11 piece shell pack or nothing I'm afraid.

Not wanting a second mortgage I declined to take up the 'offer!'

Cheers.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:29 PM

Quote:

Sorry for all the pics, its kinda hard to get this rascal all in one shot —LOL!

Great pictures! Thank you for sharing. : )
Old 06-16-2013, 12:45 AM

Inspired by gregj410, I post some pictures of my Nicko McBrain "A Matter of Life and Death" tour kit Replica.
Patience is definitely a virtue. After waiting for more than a year, this piece of art finally arrived to my home.

Last edited by soulsurvivor; 09-23-2014 at 09:34 PM.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:01 PM

VERY nice!!! Congratulations on your purchase. I am assuming that you are in the UK?
I was thrilled to be able to get Greg his "Eddie" kit & he has done an awesome job with the complete set up. Of course I would be happy to supply any other Nicko fan with any of the replica kits available. Currently there are 2 more "Eddie" kits available here in the US of which only 10 were issued. There are 5 other designs available for "Special Order" which is a 90 day turn around.
Enjoy your awesome kit & take care of it as it will only increase in value.
Cheers
Dancincrow
Old 06-17-2013, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Yeah........sometimes I have to pinch myself when I'm up there :-) Playing these massive toms gives me a new appreciation for Nickos strength and skills.

Here are the other finishes from the 2013 Premier cat. The Final frontier, Dance of Death, A matter of life and death, Somewhere back in time, Eddie rips up the world and Give me Ed til I'm dead(assuming they will make 10 more of these)

I really like the somewhere back in time kit and then the final frontier would be my second choice. I don't think I'd ever be lucky enough to own two of these behemoth's but that somewhere back in time kit is really cool!

Anyone interested, contact Peter and he can get it done for the BEST price! Absolutely fantastic service. Thanks again Peter! Reading the replies to my post makes me realize how blessed I am to own this kit.
Hey Greg
you are VERY welcome!!! You have really done an awesome job on the kit. I was just thrilled that I could get one for you.
Thank you for your kind words, it's always my #1 goal to supply my Premier clients with the best possible Customer service. It maters not whether it's a $2.50 lug or a Multi Thousand Dollar set of drums, my service is the same & I just get great pleasure in knowing that I have made a client Happy.
I will make sure to put 1 more of each on hold for you!!! LOL. If only, right?
Cheers Greg
Peter aka Dancincrow.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:36 PM

Hey Guys
just thought you'd like to see the latest conversion I had to do. An 18"x16" Signia Marquis Floor Tom to a Bass Drum with the Custom Logo Head.
I am currently working on a couple other conversions for clients such as 14"x12" & 16"x14" Signia Rack Toms to Floor Toms.
I am so thrilled to see so many of you out there with your awesome Premier kits so let's keep this going strong.
One thing to remember, Premier is back here in the US & the kits are amazing. So if anyone needs a New kit or parts for your current kit please contact me.
I do have to tell you that as of June 26th I will be out of action for a couple weeks after surgery so if it's critical then please get a hold of me this week!!! or you may have to wait a bit.
Premier is still the best out there!!
Cheers to all.
Peter - aka Dancincrow
Attached Images

Old 06-23-2013, 07:41 PM

Soulsurvivor,
Thanks for posting pics of your Nicko kit, it looks fantastic! Could you please post some pics of the toms so we can see the graphics a little better when you have a chance?
Old 06-24-2013, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsurvivor View Post
Inspired by gregj410, I decided to post some pictures of my Nicko McBrain "A Matter of Life and Death" tour kit Replica.
Patience is definitely a virtue. After waiting for more than a year, this piece of art finally arrived to my home.

Nicko McBrain Replica Kit
I didn't think I could be anymore jealous, that is fricking incredible! My favorite Maiden album! I missed that tour, sadly, I was too young...

That must be the most fun in the world to play! Wow.