DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 02-16-2008, 10:40 PM

Default Double bass pedal question

Hi i own a mapex double pedal and a axis al2 double pedal, i know those two pedals are mightily different haha but i was wondering, is it bad to play two completely different pedals or should i just stick with one. It would be a shame to sell the mapex pedal as i use it live when their is no carpet (as the axis has velcro on the bottom). its also nice to use the mapex live so other people can use it aswell whereas i dont like other people using my axis pedals :P

Many thanks
Ryan
Old 02-17-2008, 06:36 AM

Default Re: Double bass pedal question

For me, I use what works/feels best to me.. (DW 9000's in my case). They are set up for me and I am used to them. I don't mind others using them, mostly because I know these guys and I can beat them up if I need to ;-)...

If I were playing clubs, and my kit was being used as house kit.. (something I dislike immensly), I would tell other drummers to bring their own snare, cymbals, and pedals. That's fair in anyone's book.

Peace!
Old 02-17-2008, 07:08 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Double bass pedal question

I always have a piece of carpet in the car, so for me to have to call out the "B" team, doesn't happen. That said, having a back-up pedal(s) is a good thing. I have two Yamaha Flying Dragon Direct Drive single pedals I use and when I need a double pedal, I play the Off-Set pedal system. All very good pedals, and I have no problems going from one to the other.