DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 02-09-2008, 02:57 PM

Default Trick's new Pedals!!!

If your looking for the best pedals made you have watch this. I have played the`new line coming out and Their sweet! The price is going to be a little more then IC as said at the end of this clip. I don't understand AXIS?? All this time and not one change! They have to know people are having issues with them. They just don't last, for what you pay GO GET SOME BIG FOOT'S!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5j1K2EYP1I
Trick PRO1-V and Axis - pedals
Old 02-09-2008, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Trick's new Pedals!!!

i think there pretty rubbish to be fair for how much they are. i would have a 5000 over a trick pro V1 any day
Old 02-09-2008, 03:45 PM
Gold Member

I love my trick pedals. The compression spring feel take a little getting used to but once you do, you really see how fast these pedals are.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:31 PM
Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator

The new pedal is quite nice, I saw it at NAMM, and it's priced to move. I think it will heat up the competition with DW, Tama and Pearl's pedals.

Bermuda
Old 02-10-2008, 05:49 AM
Silver Member

Just another one of the many. Not in a bad way either.

Trick...like every other company is doing what I expect. Making things better, making the dollar count for each piece of aircraft aluminum, manpower, and engineering that goes into devising such great products.

Don't know how anyone could criticize other brand-makers out there (i.e. Axis?!?!). Just because they haven't changed their award-winning design. Um...I don't believe they need to. But, I'll bet that Axis has something on the R&D, we just don't know it.

Anyways...It'll be nice to see how the Dominator affects the mid-priced pedal market. Even more-so, how places like GC are going to over-price them to turn a unbelievable profit.

All in all, we know that anyone here could make the last pedal on earth work, regardless of which pedal was left. Even an ole' Speed King (wink wink...hahaha).

Adapt and overcome, right?

Last edited by sticksnstonesrus; 02-10-2008 at 02:59 PM.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:02 AM

I would really like to try these when they get them in my local drum shop. I've never heard anything bad about Trick pedals...in fact, quite the opposite. Everyone I know that has used them absolutely loves them.

~~Sorry my dog humped your leg. He feels terrible about it.~~
Old 02-11-2008, 05:38 AM

I have a number of questions about the Trick double pedal:

1. Using single strokes (i.e. RLRL), how does it compare speed-wise with other pedals? To what bpm have people been able to go on it with singles (doing 16th notes)? Is it easier to play fast tempos with the trick pedal for anyone (fast meaning 16th note singles above 200 bpm, like 200 bpm - 280bpm)?

2. Has anyone had experience with doing heel toe double strokes (i.e. RRLL) on this pedal? Is it more or less difficult to do on this pedal than on others? To what bpms has anyone been able to play 16th notes using heel toe on the trick pedal?

3. I have been using the iron cobra double chain power glide for a long time and have been able to play 16th note singles at 205 bpm for 2 minutes and 16th note heel toe at 240 bpm for about 2 minutes. I also have a pair of yamaha flying dragons which I have hardly have used but find them a little easier to do singles with, but have difficulty doing the heel toe effectively with. I changed the springs to tighter, smaller springs on both of these two pedals as I find the pedals work with my faster movements necessary to play faster tempos better with tighter springs/higher spring tension(i.e. the "sweet spot" is at a faster tempo where the pedals spring best). Anyone with a situation at all like mine who have switched to trick pedals for more speed an ease of speed while maintaining control and power?

Thanks for your time.
Old 02-16-2008, 05:44 PM

Fast, have you tried them? Yes pricey, but my 5000 Accelerator doesn't remotely compare to my Trick Big Foot. What's the MSRP and actual selling price of the new Dominators? Anyone know?
Old 02-17-2008, 02:38 PM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardhitter View Post
If your looking for the best pedals made you have watch this. I have played the`new line coming out and Their sweet! The price is going to be a little more then IC as said at the end of this clip. I don't understand AXIS?? All this time and not one change! They have to know people are having issues with them. They just don't last, for what you pay GO GET SOME BIG FOOT'S!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5j1K2EYP1I
That's very much a matter of opinion, what you consider the best and what others do is a very subjective thing. Granted there are some neat features to the pedal but then again many companies like Pearl and DW have neat features of their own.

As far as Axis goes what problems are they having with their pedals? Why change a design if it's working for them, evidently their marketing and R&D department know something that we don't otherwise if a change was needed they would have made one.

Last edited by konaboy; 02-18-2008 at 02:07 PM.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:18 PM
Platinum Member

That video is kinda cool.

I didn't know about the sliding hoop clamp thingy...

That's kinda cool.

I will say, the 'new' flat footboard on the Trick feels a lot better than the standard looking one (with the 'heel').

I really like this pedal,it feels real smooth and fast to me.

But, I still really love the feel of my Pearl Eliminator(s), so I haven't made the jump (...spent the money on a new pedal more like it haha!).

My drums hop guy absolutely loves his Trick pedal, and changed to the flat footboard some months ago.

The shop has mostly the new 'one piece' style footboard Trick pedals in stock.

I think it's a pretty great pedal, but, everyones feet are different so, people can check them out and decide.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:49 PM

Default Trick Pedals vs all others

OH MY GOD.

My two Pro V 1's came yesterday.

Big pause.

Like nothing else I played before. Smooth, quiet, quick, precise, phenomenal!!!!!

I used to think my DW 5000s were the $hit, but I was wrong. I even tried the Iron Cobra and the Axis now, and even the new DW 9000s. But there is nothing like these Trick pedals.

I bought my two Pro V 1s on ebay for $200 each and they were a steal!!!

I can't recommend them more!!!

Wolves at the Door
http://www.myspace.com/musicofwolvesatthedoor
Old 03-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Gold Member

I was with him until he said "orientate." Sheesh.

Nice pedals, though.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:42 PM
trkdrmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumtechdad View Post
I was with him until he said "orientate." Sheesh.

Nice pedals, though.
Yeah the demonstrator, JT Ash is a former Marine. Marines like to "orientate" stuff. He is no longer working for trick.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:18 PM

What everyone has got to realize is that a Trick Pro is basically a souped up Speed King. The two attributes they share are 1) a direct drive versus a cam, which you rarely see these days, and 2) a compression spring, which you never see.

I always hated cam pedals and preferred a reissued Speed King to any DW pedal. Now I vastly prefer my Trick Pro to a Speed King.

It's adjustable enough to play any kind of music--jazz, R&B, and presumably metal, though I personally don't play that.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:22 PM

This is kind of off topic but..since it's about the Trick pedal not really. Why would you need to adjust the the Trick pedal away from the bass drum by sliding it at the bass plate? What's the point of that? Wouldn't it make the beater hit with more of a chipping motion and horribly ruin your bass drum head??
Old 10-04-2009, 04:11 PM
Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator

A number of pedals have that adjustment, and it accomplishs two things.

First, it affect the feel by changing the length of footboard travel before the beater hits. It may seem minor, but drums are all about minor things making big differences in how we play (and how drums sound.)

Second, it allows for different depth hoops (or a batter head with a deep collar that affects the resulting depth of the hoop.) A shallower hoop puts the pedal and its cam or other moving parts closer to the head, which can scrape and eventually tear the head. So the adjustment basically lets the entire pedal back away from the head if needed.

In the case of the Pro1v, it's also possible to swivel the mount a little and angle it better for your foot if it's not perpendicular to the drum. It's not as extreme as the old Swivomatic pedals, but it does work.

FWIW, I have several Trick pedals and have never changed the factory setting on that.

Bermuda
Old 10-13-2009, 06:04 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer4soas View Post
This is kind of off topic but..since it's about the Trick pedal not really. Why would you need to adjust the the Trick pedal away from the bass drum by sliding it at the bass plate? What's the point of that? Wouldn't it make the beater hit with more of a chipping motion and horribly ruin your bass drum head??
well, i had to use it because i choked up on the beaters and the steel rod ends were grazing against the drumhead
Old 11-17-2009, 03:20 PM

Thanks guys for that...this could possibly be the problem why my bass head randomly split like glass breaking from the center..it could have been too close. Well either way the tricks are 800 bucks!! so i wont be getting it for a whilllllllee lol but I do want that to be my drum pedal..has anyone experienced any significant problems or unfixiable things happening to them