DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 01-28-2008, 12:33 PM

Default Interesting looking new double pedal....

I just happened across this page tonight whilst looking for something else at Sleishman Drums, http://www.sleishman.com/html/twin_pedals/index.html

Cool looking pedal, but not too sure how sturdy it would be, or what the longevity would be for the club-footed amongst us..

Thoughts?
Old 01-28-2008, 12:50 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Interesting looking new double pedal....

Wow, Dan, thats like this is to pedals what a chopper is to a motorbike. Wild looking. Wonder what the 'wings' do. They're obviously meant to be stomped too.. ? The logic of sitting straight does make sense though..
Old 01-28-2008, 01:18 PM

that is a beefy looking pedal, it almost looks evil. i wonder what it would feel like playing it? very strange...

Old 01-28-2008, 01:47 PM

Wouldnt mind trying but dont think i would seriously think of buying it unless it was amazing.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:56 PM

It would take a while to get used to. I definitely like the way it's symmetrical, but I'd bring an extra DW Delta in the trap case just in case...
Old 01-28-2008, 03:17 PM

those have been around for quite a while, I think. Very nice-looking, aesthetically speaking, but I haven't had an opportunity to try them. Saw them at NAMM '07 but didn't get a chance to test drive.

I have the Offset middle pedal, and that kind of setup is pretty cool. Both sides definitely feel identical, because physically they are. The Sleishmans look much better though!
Old 01-28-2008, 04:11 PM

I just never get the point of a double pedal for the sake of a double pedal. I meet drummers who have a double pedal but are as slow as anything and just totally lose the time to boot. Practise hard enough i can go plently fast enough with one foot and also have the added bonus of open and closed hi-hats.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:24 PM

I like the idea. Can't find much info for it though.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shoes View Post
I just never get the point of a double pedal for the sake of a double pedal. I meet drummers who have a double pedal but are as slow as anything and just totally lose the time to boot. Practise hard enough i can go plently fast enough with one foot and also have the added bonus of open and closed hi-hats.
Hmmm... I have yet to see any mainstream player do on one pedal what can be done on two... There are a couple of guys out there that are really fast and accurate, but one in a million maybe.. btw.. I'm not one of them ;-)

Having a double pedal gives you the flexibility of having, (essentially), two bass drums, without having the added burden of carrying that second one around and having to set it up. I started using two kicks in the early 80's and was VERY happy when these things came along..

However, folks know what suits their idea of what they want to accomplish.. so if you only want one.. cool.

As for these pedals... (according to the press release), Sleishman brought them out at this NAMM show.. I think they look like the footboard of Honda Goldwing or something.. but cool. I would be worried that after a fair bit of playing on them night after night, the 'wings' might want to break.. Also, I'm sure the feel of them is different.

Just curious as to what others thought..

Peace!
Old 01-28-2008, 10:27 PM

I'm curious about how adjustable they will be, from what I can see in the picture it looks like you can rotate the footboard a little in relation to the "wings". It doesn't look like you can change how far from the beaters your feet go. Nor can you change the angle.

I think they need to get this product out to drummers so they can use it. I'm pretty interested in this type of setup and would prefer sitting like this rather than sitting the way I am now. But I wouldn't get these or similar pedal without trying them out first.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danander11 View Post
Hmmm... I have yet to see any mainstream player do on one pedal what can be done on two... There are a couple of guys out there that are really fast and accurate, but one in a million maybe.. btw.. I'm not one of them ;-)
Im not one of them either but do get tired of new-ish drummers going out and getting that double base yet need to learn to play the drum kit and not even been decent on a signal base.

And yer, would like to see how much you can change and compaire it to a DW 9000. Also, must be a right bugger to transport.