DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 01-28-2008, 03:21 AM
Mystic

Default Midwestpercussion

Hey everyone, have any of you ordered from midwest before? I am about to buy some heads and pedals from them and am wondering if they are good or bad people to deal with, thanks.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:33 AM
fourstringdrums

Default Re: Midwestpercussion

Order from Shane (Just Drums) at www.justdrumsonline.com They don't list everything so you might have to email, PM or call him.

Support the little guy!

I've used Midwest before but I'm trying to stay away from large places like that now and supporting the smaller shops. I actually also tried calling recently and they now I think have an automated answering system...not good IMO. Shane will take care of you, I promise!
Old 01-28-2008, 03:36 AM

I like to order from the little guy when I can, but there are times when you need someone a bit larger to get things for you..

As far as Midwest go, they are great guys.. I have dealt with Art and John for a long time.. They always take good care of me and always give me a great deal..

Even now that I live in Oz, they will ship internationally with no hassle.. which for me is a HUGE plus...

My $0.02
Old 01-28-2008, 04:05 AM
Mystic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourstringdrums View Post
Order from Shane (Just Drums) at www.justdrumsonline.com They don't list everything so you might have to email, PM or call him.

Support the little guy!

I've used Midwest before but I'm trying to stay away from large places like that now and supporting the smaller shops. I actually also tried calling recently and they now I think have an automated answering system...not good IMO. Shane will take care of you, I promise!
hmm well they didn't have anything I was looking for, and I don't wanna bother calling in, but a big plus is that they support premier, so when i'm going for a new drum kit I will compare pearl next to premier and if I go for premier i know where to go now :D thx, (I don't know any other premier dealers), and can someone tell me what the difference between the artist and premier series is?
Old 01-28-2008, 04:09 AM
fourstringdrums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
hmm well they didn't have anything I was looking for, and I don't wanna bother calling in, but a big plus is that they support premier, so when i'm going for a new drum kit I will compare pearl next to premier and if I go for premier i know where to go now :D thx, (I don't know any other premier dealers), and can someone tell me what the difference between the artist and premier series is?
What are you looking for? Like I said they don't have everything listed on the website. If they don't have it in stock they'll order it and quick. They carry Remo, Evans and now Aquarian from what I heard.

Midwest didn't always have what I wanted either and I remember it usually took a long time for it to come in. I just ordered a Gibraltar throne from Shane and the one he had in stock was ripped so he ordered another. It got there the next day.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:14 AM
Mystic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourstringdrums View Post
What are you looking for? Like I said they don't have everything listed on the website. If they don't have it in stock they'll order it and quick. They carry Remo, Evans and now Aquarian from what I heard.

Midwest didn't always have what I wanted either and I remember it usually took a long time for it to come in. I just ordered a Gibraltar throne from Shane and the one he had in stock was ripped so he ordered another. It got there the next day.
I was looking for remo PS 3 heads and zildjian anti vibe sticks and zildjian mallets, and a pearl drop clutch
Old 01-28-2008, 06:16 AM
Pioneer Member

Midwest has all that, I've been ordering from them for 10 years now. Art and John have been pretty good through that time. Just ordered something from them today!
Old 01-28-2008, 04:56 PM
fourstringdrums

Quote:
I was looking for remo PS 3 heads and zildjian anti vibe sticks and zildjian mallets, and a pearl drop clutch
You should be able to get all those things from Shane though I'm not 100% sure about the Pearl. I THINK they carry pearl but I'm not 100% certain. It's not on the website but again the website isn't 100% up to date with the brands they carry. Give Just Drums a PM here or call him, he'll let you know what he can do for you.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Silver Member

Thanks for the support Rob!

We do all Zildjian and Remo products but no Pearl. We've got a couple new names coming on board which we'll be happy to annouce soon but Pearl is not one of them. I have no plans to carry Pearl either.

Why a Pearl drop clutch? Why not a DW or Gibraltar or some other brand. Just curious....

(PS - I've been sadly updating our site with all the new cymbal prices. It's quite a bit of work.)
Old 01-28-2008, 06:38 PM
Mystic

i wanted a pearl one because I decided to stick with all pearl hardware, but I did not see the Powerstroke 3 heads or the zildjian sticks I was looking for, I would have gladly ordered from you guys if you were able to match the price of midwest, but I have already ordered, I will deffinately look into your stuff more as you update the site, and just curious, why wouldn't you carry pearl?
Old 01-28-2008, 06:41 PM
fourstringdrums

Quote:
i wanted a pearl one because I decided to stick with all pearl hardware, but I did not see the Powerstroke 3 heads or the zildjian sticks I was looking for, I would have gladly ordered from you guys if you were able to match the price of midwest, but I have already ordered, I will deffinately look into your stuff more as you update the site, and just curious, why wouldn't you carry pearl?
They'll try their best to match anyone's price.

Did you order from Midwest? Did you make sure what you wanted was in stock? Like I said, they don't usually indicate that and when it's out of stock they usually don't let you know until your stuff doesn't ship and you're wondering where it is.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:57 PM

Yeah Midwest is okay, not great. They definitely pull the 'out of stock' thing way too often. But sometimes you can't beat their prices.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:49 PM

I've been shopping at Midwest since they were a small store front. They've always done right by me, and I certainly wouldn't put them in the same superstore league as GC and MF. They have really good customer service in my opinion.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:52 AM
Mystic

I actually got all of my stuff on time and they even had a head that is out of stock everywhere I go, so I think i'll be ordering from them again.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:24 AM
Gold Member

I've ordered a few things from Midwestpercussion and while I find that they do ahve generally the lowest prices of any online retailer, this is proably due to the fact that they keep almost no inventory; that is, everytime I've ordered something from them, at least one of the items I ordered was backordered. I no longer shop with them. I'm willing to pay slightly higher prices to know when I'll receive my products.