DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-24-2008, 07:05 AM
KONA KONA is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: canada
Posts: 809
Default NEW ADDITIONS from around the Christmas season!

Like to share some new stuff I added to my kit as of late....

A Pearl Tambourine - sounds really nice where I have it.


A Pearl S-2000 snare stand - I had to change-out my old one it wouldn't open wide enough for my new maple hoops. I've only got one wood hoop on now because there is no notch in the batterside wood hoop and my Gretsch throw-off won't clear - I have a Dunnett throwoff coming and I'll be able to mount my wood hoop then.

A 9.5" Zilbell - nice! I've mounted it upside down on top of my 16" Istanbul Turk Crash Ride for the time being - interesting sounds there.


A Pearl Ash Woodblock mounted right over a cowbell. The cowbell is muted and it goes well with the woodblock.

And a view of the kit so far.

I've cancelled my order for my Axis AL-2 Longboard. It was taking too long to get here - I ordered it in plenty of time (so the retailer and I thought) for Christmas but it never did arrive. I was a little disappointed, but I'm surviving with my Gibraltar 9611 single strap drive just fine for now. My big feet and I are adapting!

Cheers,

Kona
Attached Images
      
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-24-2008, 03:09 PM
Drummer Karl's Avatar
Drummer Karl Drummer Karl is offline
KARL MEMBER
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,099
Default Re: NEW ADDITIONS from around the Christmas season!

Haha, I love the sound of Zil-bells. Great effect, clean tone.
Congrats to the new stuff...but Moongel on your Agop? ;-) How does that sound?

Karl
__________________
Myspace.

Drummerworld Myspace.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-24-2008, 06:01 PM
KONA KONA is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: canada
Posts: 809
Default Re: Moongel on Agop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer Karl View Post
Haha, I love the sound of Zil-bells. Great effect, clean tone.
Congrats to the new stuff...but Moongel on your Agop? ;-) How does that sound?

Karl
Yes! The Zilbell is a nice effect..

Ya - Moongel:
I don't leave it on there - I've just been experimenting by placing them on various locations on different cymbals and drums to check it all out. It's interesting just to see the effect the Gel has.

The moongel was on the 14" Agop Mel Lewis bottom hat but I've taken it off as you see here in the second photo. I'm using my 10" Istanbul Alchemy Bell as a top hat (pictured here with Hat Trick ching ring) and for the bottom hat I'm using an Agop 10" Splash - what a great sound! I have a sound demo link I can email you if you're interested.

How's your drumming coming along?

Cheers,

Kona
Attached Images
  
__________________

Last edited by KONA; 01-24-2008 at 07:51 PM. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-24-2008, 07:23 PM
cavica cavica is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 130
Default Re: NEW ADDITIONS from around the Christmas season!

I've wanted to get a Zil-bells for the logest time, looks like it adds a whole new dimension to the kit. You got a great kit and looks like it's a blast to play.
__________________
Drums- Mapex Saturns, Cymbals- Zildjian, Sabian. Sticks- Zildjian
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-24-2008, 07:33 PM
driver's Avatar
driver driver is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sidcup UK
Posts: 752
Default Re: NEW ADDITIONS from around the Christmas season!

Nice how does having a wood hoop on the reso sound?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-24-2008, 07:49 PM
KONA KONA is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: canada
Posts: 809
Default Re: NEW ADDITIONS from around the Christmas season!

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver View Post
Nice how does having a wood hoop on the reso sound?
I think the snare does sound a little "tighter" maybe it's my imagination, I will have to really pay attention when I get the wood hoop on the batter side too. I don't have a lot of experience with wood vs metal hoops. I may just have to play for awhile when I get both wood hoops on and then switch with the metal ones to really hear the difference. Don't know if it's my imagination but - ya - the snare seems to be a thighter "thwack" sound and not ringy if you know what I mean?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-24-2008, 09:43 PM
Drummer Karl's Avatar
Drummer Karl Drummer Karl is offline
KARL MEMBER
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,099
Default Re: Moongel on Agop

Quote:
Originally Posted by KONA View Post
Yes! The Zilbell is a nice effect..

Ya - Moongel:
I don't leave it on there - I've just been experimenting by placing them on various locations on different cymbals and drums to check it all out. It's interesting just to see the effect the Gel has.

The moongel was on the 14" Agop Mel Lewis bottom hat but I've taken it off as you see here in the second photo. I'm using my 10" Istanbul Alchemy Bell as a top hat (pictured here with Hat Trick ching ring) and for the bottom hat I'm using an Agop 10" Splash - what a great sound! I have a sound demo link I can email you if you're interested.

How's your drumming coming along?

Cheers,

Kona
Kona,

thanks thanks for your e-mail! As I said it in there, the 10" hat sounds great. I like the mix of clean high pitched definition and trashiness and darkness...how is it the other way `round? I currently have two 10" splash cymbals (some older Sonor Orff cymbals) which I tried as a hat...haha, felt amazing.

PS: One day I`ll be able to record new stuff...I hope this day comes soon. :-D

Karl
__________________
Myspace.

Drummerworld Myspace.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-24-2008, 10:32 PM
KONA KONA is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: canada
Posts: 809
Default Re: NEW ADDITIONS from around the Christmas season!

I just visited your myspace site Karl - nice playing - and great drums!

If you get a chance to use a bell-type cymbal on the hat stand I'm sure you will agree that is an interesting effect.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-24-2008, 11:16 PM
driver's Avatar
driver driver is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sidcup UK
Posts: 752
Default Re: NEW ADDITIONS from around the Christmas season!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KONA View Post
I think the snare does sound a little "tighter" maybe it's my imagination, I will have to really pay attention when I get the wood hoop on the batter side too. I don't have a lot of experience with wood vs metal hoops. I may just have to play for awhile when I get both wood hoops on and then switch with the metal ones to really hear the difference. Don't know if it's my imagination but - ya - the snare seems to be a thighter "thwack" sound and not ringy if you know what I mean?
Yeah I get what your saying make sure you post your thoughts when you get them both on!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-24-2008, 11:28 PM
punkdrummer1's Avatar
punkdrummer1 punkdrummer1 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 659
Default Re: NEW ADDITIONS from around the Christmas season!

love the addtions man. I was also looking into buying a zil-bel aswell! very nice :D!
__________________




Endorsements are hard to come by. Anyone???? :p
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-24-2008, 11:38 PM
KONA KONA is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: canada
Posts: 809
Default Re: NEW ADDITIONS from around the Christmas season!

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver View Post
Yeah I get what your saying make sure you post your thoughts when you get them both on!
I may even post a little sound clip when I get them both on. I'm working on a cover for ELP''s Tarkus at the moment (NOT!) - ya I wish ! I'm a little delerious from the flu today - lol.

Cheers
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com